Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Tigers v Port Sun May 28th 1:10pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-vs-Port-Adelaide.png

14th v 3rd

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 11

RICHMOND V PORT ADELAIDE
SUNDAY MAY 28TH 1:10PM AEST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

TIGERS

B: N.Broad, D.Grimes - C, N.Balta
HB: D.Rioli, N.Vlastuin, L.Baker
C: K.McIntosh, T.Taranto, J.Ross
HF: R.Mansell, D.Prestia, J.Graham
F: M.Pickett, J.Riewoldt, D.Martin
FOLL: T.Nankervis, J.Short, S.Bolton

I/C (FROM): T.Young, H.Ralphsmith, T.Dow, T.Cotchin, S.Ryan, J.Clarke, B.Miller, S.Banks

In: T.Young, B.Miller, S.Banks
Out: None

POWER
B: D.Byrne-Jones, T.McKenzie, D.Houston
HB: R.Burton, A.Aliir, D.Williams
C: M.Bergman, T.Boak, R.Bonner
HF: J.McEntee, O.Lord, C.Rozee
F: Z.Butters, J.Finlayson, S.Powell-Pepper
FOLL: S.Lycett, O.Wines - C, W.Drew

I/C (FROM): J.Horne-Francis, H.Jackson, L.Jones, K.Farrell, J.Mead, F.Evans, J.Burgoyne, J.Rioli

In: H.Jackson, L.Jones, J.Burgoyne, J.Rioli
Out: T.Jonas (Suspension)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Important game and second game at the G this year. On paper we should win this comfortably but our record at MCG is poor of late. Richmond are going to be desperate to keep their season alive. Another 50/50 game. Keen to see our young midfield go from strength to strength.

Important game and second game at the G this year. On paper we should win this comfortably but our record at MCG is poor of late. Richmond are going to be desperate to keep their season alive. Another 50/50 game. Keen to see our young midfield go from strength to strength.
Nah, had of we beat Essendon I'd be excited, but I reckon the group will be deflated after last week. Could be a really flat performance knowing finals are probably out of reach. I reckon Port win well against a downtrodden opponent. We have no answers at the moment. Not looking forward to this one, crowd probably lacklustre too.

Nah, had of we beat Essendon I'd be excited, but I reckon the group will be deflated after last week. Could be a really flat performance knowing finals are probably out of reach. I reckon Port win well against a downtrodden opponent. We have no answers at the moment. Not looking forward to this one, crowd probably lacklustre too.
6 points with 13 games to go is definitely not out of reach. Top 4 is a different story but the rest of the year is a free hit I reckon.

Richmond by 11 in front of 29,000.

I feel like we don’t get to see Port play Richmond at the MCG too often. Looking forward to seeing them. Who knows what kind of Tigers team turns up with all the drama. I’m hoping it all makes for a cracking game of footy.

If Port are a legit premiership threat they just get the job done in this one. I’m hoping the Tigers cause an upset

The first win of Hardwick's coaching career was against Port. If he coaches this game it would make for a kind of cool set of bookends to get your first and last win against the same team.

Understandable haha.

Here's to hoping McQualter gets his first win against Port this weekend then instead.

Your midfield got overrun by a team missing Setterfield, Shiel & Parish.

Not sure they can hang with Wines, Boak, Butters, Drew, JHF, Rozee & Houston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows? We always seeded to cop the loss against caretaker coaches first up, no matter where they sat on the ladder. Hopefully we can dish one out.
Didn’t we lose to North Melbourne’s caretaker coach first up twice since 2019? Or something like that. Would be nice to do it back.

That’s fine if we do to Port Adelaide what we did against Geelong i.e., make the midfield dominance mean little on the scoreboard. Not saying we will, but there is still a way to win even if Port Adelaide’s midfield dominate.

Port must win this game if they are to be considered serious contenders in 2023...Port by 15points.
We must win this game and Hawthorn the week after simply because they are winnable games. At the end of R10 we're not even certain of being contenders, let alone serious contenders. We need 6 more wins (14 in total) just to make finals. Our team is held together by midfield heroics and sticky tape. But I'll take the 15 points, most of which will be actual points the way we're kicking.

We won the inside 50s, so it hardly got overrun … our problem all year has been our forward set up.

Port are playing with growing belief and are building momentum well. Richmond are desperate to get on the move. Tigers would have to be at their best to win this one.

We must win this game and Hawthorn the week after simply because they are winnable games. At the end of R10 we're not even certain of being contenders, let alone serious contenders. We need 6 more wins (14 in total) just to make finals. Our team is held together by midfield heroics and sticky tape. But I'll take the 15 points, most of which will be actual points the way we're kicking.
Yeah our goal kicking is about as accurate as claims that Hinkley is a good coach.

Do you think he's coaching well atm?
It might just be a coincidence that we haven't lost since Ken exited the coaches box, but I'd be surprised if Josh Carr hasn't played a pivotal role on game day. I'll be stoked if he takes over the role of senior coach next year.

Back