How long does Adam Simpsons have left?

Remove this Banner Ad

Simpsons won a flag; Bailey hadn’t. Big difference.
Yes but that was five years ago and he's been living off his past achievements for a while now. The bottom line is that West Coast are currently Port Adelaide 2011/Melbourne 2013 levels of bad and they need to start from scratch.

Only replace him if there is someone better. Not many options out there atm
Sometimes you need a circuit breaker. You can’t lose by 171 points and keep doing the same thing the next week. They didn’t even have that many players out.

Simpson has to go. Literally anyone would be better.

It's all been spiralling down since Simmo and the club had a massive sook over the Qld hub during COVID.

Simmo definitely had a massive sulk. The writing was on the wall then when 70% of their list had a family. Fremantle had one player on the list who had children.

Instead of realising this they doubled down. Then tripled down. Now they are out of chips.

Feel sorry for Simmo, not entirely his fault that WCE has had a disastrous combination of injuries and crap list management. The players appear to be not trying and the senior players, who should be leading, are some of the worst offenders.

When the top 50% are either out for long periods, stopped trying or are horribly out of form you need the rest to step up. WCE has a lot of average players and list cloggers who have coasted on the coat tails of the best half dozen for years and have been shown up.

Simmo looks a broken man. It might be best for him to step down and step away from the club.

Simpson built the culture of you play based on your name and performances in seasons past, not by your current form. Why has Gaff been playing since 2021? Why has Sheed never been dropped for not putting in defensive efforts? etc.
Eagles supporters would know a lot more than me, but I somewhat feel at Melbourne it’s similar. But really, what has caused this massive fall in two years?

Eagles supporters would know a lot more than me, but I somewhat feel at Melbourne it’s similar. But really, what has caused this massive fall in two years?
Injuries certainly haven't helped as we don't know if Simpson would drop senior players, but what we do know is he didn't drop underperforming senior players prior to 2022

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is when Gaff, Darling and NicNat are on massive coin and none of them give a s**t

Upsets the entire morale structure. It becomes a culture issue. Darling didn't even have to rock up to training for 6 months. NicNat doesn't train. Gaff gives no shits.

Sets a bad example.
Sounds like you work at the club given your enormous level of intel.

Even if it were all true, there’s been very little noise of there being any salary cap squeeze issues, which was my point.

Is there any point drafting Harley Reid?
Believe me, if I wasn't a Geelong supporter I'd despise this as much as everyone in here will.

But if they do, every chance he's back in Victoria, and maybe Geelong in 1-2 years.

Country kid, Cats tragic....the writings on the wall if he doesn't tank his draft stock prior to stay in Victoria.

Might not happen, but with the current mentality of gen z draftees, you just come to expect these things now. B Smith, Curnow, Perkins, JHF etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back