Top 10 Football Schools in the Country!

Remove this Banner Ad

REVIEWED TOP 10

Based on everyones opinions ive come up with this, yet i still can't split PEGS and Trinity.

1.Trinity College - WA
1.PEGS - Vic
2.Caulfield Grammar - Vic
3.Xavier College - Vic
4.Sacred Heart - SA
5.Hailebury - Vic
6.Clontarf - WA
7.Rostrevor College - SA
8.Parade College - Vic
9.Bendigo SC - Vic
-------------------------------
11.Wesley College - WA
12.St Patricks - Vic
13.Essendon Keilor - Vic
14.Governer Stirling High - WA
15.St Kevins - Vic

Tell me wat you think?

Pretty good effort. I think Haileybury or St Joeys Geelong would be higher than St Pats. Pats were a powerhouse last year, but don't have such a strong team this year. Hard to tell between the top three, although I'd go with PEGS, with five U/18 Vic Metro and five U/16 and U15 Metro their pretty powerful this year. No I don't go their either, so I don't have a bias to them or any other school on the list.

number 10 was hard to pick so i just lookd at it and really hailebury havent hada fantastic season, st pats have made it to the sem's of the herald sun shield and theyre dominating their school league so yeh it was really just a bit of a toss-up. yeh top 3 is definately hard PEGS is so strong individually but i just dont think they are the best fottballing school in the country. but yeh i was expecting that sort of criticism anywayz.

REVIEWED TOP 10

Based on everyones opinions ive come up with this, yet i still can't split PEGS and Trinity.

1.Trinity College - WA
1.PEGS - Vic
2.Caulfield Grammar - Vic
3.Xavier College - Vic
4.Sacred Heart - SA
5.Hailebury - Vic
6.Clontarf - WA
7.Rostrevor College - SA
8.Parade College - Vic
9.Bendigo SC - Vic
-------------------------------
11.Wesley College - WA
12.St Patricks - Vic
13.Essendon Keilor - Vic
14.Governer Stirling High - WA
15.St Kevins - Vic

Tell me wat you think?

hailebury arent 6th best in australia

fellas i agree with your picks but please tell me why St Bernard's College, Essendon is not featured in the top ten! We r always tough opposition with a herald shield and a runner up in the last 5 years. This yr we have draft prospects of darcy daniher and ash arrowsmith not to mention the players who have played TAC cup and state footy in the past

rostrevor and Sacred Heart made the State finals this year and often beat Victorian schools when they play each other. Surely these two should be in the top 10, and probably less Victorian schools because St. Michaels are a pretty damn good team 2

clontarf shouldnt be in top 10 no way. de la salle beat them by like 10 goals. and xavier kill them every year. they are a team of midfielders except for the large bloke up front

When I was playing First XVIII 15+ years ago, because of the different schooling start ages in Victoria, the lads from the Vic schools were always a year older than us. ie we would be 16-17 year olds and they would be 17-18 year olds. I remember this vividly because half their team could legally go to pubs whereas virtually no-one in our team could. Is this still the case or has the schooling age changed in SA so that we are on an age par with the Victorian boys?

There is no way that you can include Haileybury on the top 10 footy schools list.

They were cellar dwellars for decades until they were handed heaps of cash for being in a poor area and then bought up players from TAC cup sides and other local schools.

Xavier, Scotch and Melbourne have all won more than 20 premierships each and all three are still good to excellent sides still.

My top 10 would be as follows:

1. Sacred Heart (S.A)
2. Assumption College (Vic)
3. Xavier College (Vic)
4. Trinity College (W.A)
5. Rosstrevor (S.A)
6. Melbourne Grammar (Vic)
7. Clontarf Academy (W.A)
8. PEGS (Vic)
9. Scotch College (Vic)
10. Caulfield Grammar (Vic)

The top 4 virtually pick themselves. They have all dominated their competitions over a very long time and have produced over a 100 VFL/AFL players from their ranks.

Aquinas College (W.A) unlucky to miss out with many premierships and heaps of drafts from there including Embley, Kerr, Mainwairing etc...

Embley is from Trinity not Aquinas mate.

Also its easy to say how good those other teams 'were' how good are they now ? As in recently including this season, last etc.

I can not speak for SA school footy but I can for Western Australia. Most of us turn 17 in the year which we graduate, where as with the Vics they are turning 18 arent they ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Embley is from Trinity not Aquinas mate.

Also its easy to say how good those other teams 'were' how good are they now ? As in recently including this season, last etc.

So your saying someone like Assumption College who's pumped out something over 100 AFL/VFL players arent in the top ten football schools, because they copped a bad batch of kids this year?

WCE29# All you have done his critisize Other peoples lists, you have not even made one yet, you cant just put 10 melbourne teams in there because you know theres better teams out there.

There is no way that you can include Haileybury on the top 10 footy schools list.

They were cellar dwellars for decades until they were handed heaps of cash for being in a poor area and then bought up players from TAC cup sides and other local schools.

Xavier, Scotch and Melbourne have all won more than 20 premierships each and all three are still good to excellent sides still.

1. Sacred Heart (S.A)
3. Xavier College (Vic)
4. Trinity College (W.A)
5. Rosstrevor (S.A)
8. PEGS (Vic)
9. Scotch College (Vic)

The top 4 virtually pick themselves. They have all dominated their competitions over a very long time and have produced over a 100 VFL/AFL players from their ranks.

Aquinas College (W.A) unlucky to miss out with many premierships and heaps of drafts from there including Embley, Kerr, Mainwairing etc...

worst list done yet mate

PEGS 8? Caulfield 10? Melbourne Grammar??? what a joke of a list

1. Sacred Heart (S.A)
3. Xavier College (Vic)
4. Trinity College (W.A)
5. Rosstrevor (S.A)
8. PEGS (Vic)
9. Scotch College (Vic)

I hope you don't think this list is for the current season. That list would alost be better upside down you doofas...

Congratulations to them for pumping out 100 AFL/VFL players in the past... how many are going to come from this year ? Last year ? years to come ?

Just Because a club like Carlton with such a decorated past have happened to finished bottom a couple of times in the last few years does that still mean that they are the best team in the AFL because of there past ? Does that mean they are still in the Best 1 or 2 clubs in the comp when there past obviously suggests that. I dont think so.

St Joeys only won the Herald Sun Shield last year. The ACC would bend the APS comp over in my opinion and I played in the APS

You are a funny guy.

Xavier pumped St Bernards by 18 goals earlier in the year.
They have also played De La a few times and won comfortably.

Teams like Caulfield, Scotch and Haileybury would murder you.
Good APS teams have on average 6-8 TAC players in them.
Does St Joeys have those sorts of numbers?
Nup... didn't think so.

Congratulations to them for pumping out 100 AFL/VFL players in the past... how many are going to come from this year ? Last year ? years to come ? quote]

There will be 2-3 players drafted this year from most of the schools listed.

Cotchin, Maric, Joyce (PEGS)
Rioli, Strauss (SC)
Ebert (SH)
Tarrant, Shaw, Sanfillipo (XC)
McLardle (MGS)
Sandilands, Sengstock, Sundberg (CGS)

Trinity had 3 players in the W.A state side and Clontarf has some impressive talent winning the Barry Cable shield.

Guess your wrong then!

WCE29# All you have done his critisize Other peoples lists, you have not even made one yet, you cant just put 10 melbourne teams in there because you know theres better teams out there.

Fev13 I'm fairly sure I havent criticised your list, because to be honest your one of few on this board that knows what your talking about. However I am sick to death of the schoolboys on here claiming that there schools the best Australian school because themselves and there mates can take some good hangs at lunchtime. I'm from WA and watch PSA regularly and have seen some APS matches over east but personally i dont feel i can generate a top ten from my knowledge. The only SA school football im familair at all with is Sacred Hearts record.

Congratulations to them for pumping out 100 AFL/VFL players in the past... how many are going to come from this year ? Last year ? years to come ? quote]

There will be 2-3 players drafted this year from most of the schools listed.

Cotchin, Maric, Joyce (PEGS)
Rioli, Strauss (SC)
Ebert (SH)
Tarrant, Shaw, Sanfillipo (XC)
McLardle (MGS)
Sandilands, Sengstock, Sundberg (CGS)

Trinity had 3 players in the W.A state side and Clontarf has some impressive talent winning the Barry Cable shield.

Guess your wrong then!

Mate the majority of those guys won't get drafted.

Definates - Cotchin, Ebert, Maric and Rioli

Joyce and Strauss will be next year, strauss only a maybe as well

Possibility to get rookied - Sandilands, Sanfillipo

The rest are no chance. Clubs barely look at kids who don't feature in the national champs, especially midfielders. Look at Michael Rockfellar as an example of a kid who dominated school footy and was passed on at the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back