Play Nice The NM Devils Chessboard thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still sticking with the frankly delusional position that the war started in February 2022 I see.

You're still sticking with the frankly delusional position that Russia will just peacefully annex the parts of Ukraine they want and everyone will go about their lives happy and safely as long as Ukraine stops fighting back, I see?

if they have issues with the Donbas/Crimean region they should resolve them diplomatically.
The Wire Wtf GIF

You're still sticking with the frankly delusional position that Russia will just peacefully annex the parts of Ukraine they want and everyone will go about their lives happy and safely as long as Ukraine stops fighting back, I see?
So how it was before 2014 then. As much as it could be.

No, my number one preference is that Russia *s off back into their own territory, and if they have issues with the Donbas/Crimean region they should resolve them diplomatically.

I don't want Ukraine to fight. I think it's bullshit that they've been put into this position. But Russia invaded them, and they have every right to defend themselves. In fact, I think it's the moral thing to do.
Russia has tried that already.

No, I've said repeatedly that Ukraine's decision to make this a big and bloody existential war will cost them hugely, Russia isn't just going to stop given Ukraine's attacks on Moscow, the Black Sea Fleet etc.

They had their chance to reach some form of workable peace in early 2022.

I also find it interesting you think Ukraine has a MORAL duty to impose their language, politics and customs on parts of the country that very clearly don't want them.

Given the overthrow of the democratically elected government in 2014, I'm not sure Ukraine really has the moral high ground mate.

Except with Ukraine as genuinely independent and free, instead of having a Russian puppet leader.

A democratically elected leader lol, who was overthrown in a violent coup led literally by Nazis.

You really do argue yourself into some dumb positions.

Except with Ukraine as genuinely independent and free, instead of having a Russian puppet leader.
It is not independent and free now. The 'Russian puppet' was democratically elected as far as that is a thing in the Ukraine. So what you really mean is that you want a Western puppet in charge. Democracy eh. It's ok. Most people only like it when it suits them.

You really do argue yourself into some dumb positions.

If believing that makes you feel better, be my guest.

Meanwhile the majority of regular folks consider you a joke. I'm content with that.

If believing that makes you feel better, be my guest.

Meanwhile the majority of regular folks consider you a joke. I'm content with that.

Ah yes the bit where when you know your "argument" has run out of road you resort to abuse.

Also, your continual use of American phrasing like "regular folks" is such a giveaway.

You should actually move to Washington and get a job with the Brookings Institute.

The 'Russian puppet' was democratically elected as far as that is a thing in the Ukraine.

And remind me, what led to his ousting?

Oh, that's right. It was his unilateral decision to go against the will of the people by aligning with Russia instead of the EU.

It is not independent and free now. The 'Russian puppet' was democratically elected as far as that is a thing in the Ukraine. So what you really mean is that you want a Western puppet in charge. Democracy eh. It's ok. Most people only like it when it suits them.

As I noted earlier, hardcore right wing imperialists like Chadwiko don't actually believe in democracy, its just a word they use to justify imperial conflict.

Ah yes the bit where when you know your "argument" has run out of road you resort to abuse.

Also, your continual use of American phrasing like "regular folks" is such a giveaway.

You should actually move to Washington and get a job with the Brookings Institute.

You realise I don't take accusations of being American as an insult, right?

I like America. I have friends and family in America. I got married in America.

They're far from perfect, but I'll take America over Russia every single day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, that's right. It was his unilateral decision to go against the will of the people by aligning with Russia instead of the EU.

You're literally using fascist language to justify a violent anti-democratic coup that led to bloody civil war.

You really need to sort yourself out

hardcore right wing imperialists like Chadwiko

I love the cognitive dissonance you continue to display.

It's just a total coincidence you share the exact same opinions as the far-right conservatives on these issues, but NO it's me who is the 'hardcore right wing imperialist'.

Hahaha.

You're in this echo chamber of a thread with an anti-vax covid truther, a guy who regularly posts far-right twitter accounts, and a desperately terminally-contrarian, and yet you don't have the self-awareness to look around and go 'hmmm maybe these people who are in lockstep agreement with me might not be good indicators of the strength of my position'.

I come to this thread for a laugh and to push back against your nonsense when I'm having a slow day at work.

You come here because you need it.

The will of the people eh. How could one test your theory? An election maybe? Im sure his decision made your American friends very upset.

If Anthony Albanese does something that is unpopular with the majority of the Australian population, is igniting a coup an appropriate response in your mind?

You realise I don't take accusations of being American as an insult, right?

I like America. I have friends and family in America. I got married in America.

They're far from perfect, but I'll take America over Russia every single day of the week.

It isn't intended as an insult, just an indication of how deeply you've absorbed the US imperial worldview.

Which would be fine if you didn't persist in calling yourself a lefty.

As far as I can tell, your "left politics" amounts to don't be mean to gay people.

That's the absolute starting point lol.

The will of the people eh. How could one test your theory? An election maybe? Im sure his decision made your American friends very upset.

If Anthony Albanese does something that is unpopular with the majority of the Australian population, is igniting a coup an appropriate response in your mind?

It seems so.

It's just a total coincidence you share the exact same opinions as the far-right conservatives on these issues, but NO it's me who is the 'hardcore right wing imperialist'.

Hahaha.

You're in this echo chamber of a thread with an anti-vax covid truther, a guy who regularly posts far-right twitter accounts, and a desperately terminally-contrarian, and yet you don't have the self-awareness to look around and go 'hmmm maybe these people who are in lockstep agreement with me might not be good indicators of the strength of my position'.

I come to this thread for a laugh and to push back against your nonsense when I'm having a slow day at work.

Hahaha.

I don't think you know what far right is. Must be all the brain rot from watching Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon and The View.

Hahaha.

This is the best

At least we have acknowledgement of events that happened before 2022; today.
And the understanding ethic cleansing can be resolved diplomatically.

Personally, if a bunch of hardcore Nazis turn up in my suburb killing people, I'm relying on Uncle Kalashnikov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back