Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

nice to see some genuine positive analysis that digs a bit deeper
king still managed the "they've snuck up in a few" ... we made a grand final 18 months ago, finalists after a bad start last year ...
not sure how we're sneaking up on anyone
There was a few so called experts that said we won't make it

I'm going back even further. IMO round 23, 2019 vs St Kilda or round 12, 2020 vs GWS are when the new era really began. All the signs were already there, we were just hammered with injuries.

I think that GWS game is the one for me.

There was a few so called experts that said we won't make it

"a few"? from what i had seen, most had us "in the mix for the eight" at best, and plenty simply didn't rate us, and probably still don't
fck em ... long way to go, and maybe they'll be proved right ...
but i'll take 2-0, and the style with which we've done it

"a few"? from what i had seen, most had us "in the mix for the eight" at best, and plenty simply didn't rate us, and probably still don't

I think King was just having a light hearted dig at Montagna who had us just missing but instantly regretted it.

I think slobbo was 1

I generally don't mind Tom Morris but this assessment is just plain wrong. Let's be clear, Buddy suffers from crippling anxiety and doing interviews etc increases these issues. To say we were done with him because he didn't want to do a final media interview smacks of media dummy spit.

I generally don't mind Tom Morris but this assessment is just plain wrong. Let's be clear, Buddy suffers from crippling anxiety and doing interviews etc increases these issues. To say we were done with him because he didn't want to do a final media interview smacks of media dummy spit.

Agree, completely dishonest. Buddy departed as loved as any player could be. You don't have to be in the inner sanctum to know that.

The two comments over the weekend that stuck out for me:

- Kane Cornes pointing out how Swans and in particular Chad were so physically dominant. The number of times Warner just took on the tackler and brushed him aside. 18 months ago we got bullied out of the GF. Wouldn't happen today.

- Buckley comparing Swans today with 2012 team, combining incredible pressure with the ability to link up and move the ball after forcing the turnover.

Honestly Friday night's game was the most complete Swans performance I've seen in years. It doesn't worry me we/re not being talked about much right now. Grand finalists both getting flogged is more newsworthy. Plus it's not doing much for sales, downloads , whatever of the Pies' just-released self-loving premiership documentary. COmedy gold.

As long as the list remains healthy, experts are going to spend the rest of the year talking about the Swans.

Last edited:

I don't think there's anything with what he said , it was so obvious at times and it stifled Logan for a year . It would've been hard to tell him not to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could of sworn there was no match report article in the Herald Sun either Saturday or Sunday

might be just an issue with what edition you're getting ... if you're in sydney
in melbourne the later, city edition for saturday morning would've had the full collingwood coverage
then by sunday's edition they'd be dealing mostly with the saturday games ... and possibly a more in-depth collingwood post-mortem
pretty sure collingwood were the only team playing friday night

in melbourne the later, city edition for saturday morning would've had the full collingwood coverage
then by sunday's edition they'd be dealing mostly with the saturday games ... and possibly a more in-depth collingwood post-mortem
1 page was about the filth and the other side wasn't too bad . Sometimes the early additions don't have the Friday night footy reports . Mine seemed an early one though as it didn't have full race results from that night .
Maybe there are 3 additions , the interstate which goes early , then the country one followed by the Melbourne one , that goes out about 3am

1 page was about the filth and the other side wasn't too bad . Sometimes the early additions don't have the Friday night footy reports . Mine seemed an early one though as it didn't have full race results from that night .
Maybe there are 3 additions , the interstate which goes early , then the country one followed by the Melbourne one , that goes out about 3am

pretty sure these days they do just two editions (first goes country and interstate) ... unless someone kills a pope

Actually had another look it's about3 and a half pages , plus a picture of Daicos ducking while being tackled by Wayward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back