news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a fan of both, as in I'll always watch their fights, but I really don't like either guy. This is a fight I'm very keen for. I'd happily watch Garry * Colby up. Colby is pure scum.
I'll watch the * outta the media, the press conference and the ring walks then probably take a nap for the fight and hopefully wake up for the post fight interview

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw that Kavanagh was on Helwani last week (week before maybe) saying Conor is ready and really wanted to fight since last year... Ahhhh bullshit John, utter bullshit.

I think Topkent said it (im sure others have) hes much shorter odds to never step in the octagon again than he is to do so.

Could do this all day. Guys a ******* cracked out loser nowadays craving headlines.

The Notorious had hinted that he would make his comeback in April 2024

Conor McGregor Insists He’s ‘Ready To Fight July 2023.

Conor McGregor says he'll fight Michael Chandler in June ( Dec 31 2023)

I just dont get it, surely he doesnt need the very very niche headlines generated from the pretty small world of MMA media. Even if he doesnt wanna retire surely the speculation from others is enough.

Its bizarre at this point, what does he gain.
I think he's so big that him 'fighting' allows him to still call himself a fighter, still promote himself as a fighter etc.
Second you retire people just don't give a * about you the same way. I think they're using it just to generate headlines around his whiskey company sale and his movie career.
That and he's a delusional coke head.

I think he's so big that him 'fighting' allows him to still call himself a fighter, still promote himself as a fighter etc.
Second you retire people just don't give a * about you the same way. I think they're using it just to generate headlines around his whiskey company sale and his movie career.
That and he's a delusional coke head.
Yeh i get not wanting to retire, youre right on that IMO but i dont get why he and his camp continue to pretend hes fighting or close to fighting.

Thats the bit that seems weird. Let others talk about you, we all still do but SURELY if he keeps "committing" then bailing over and over eventually everyone gets sick of it. Its weird to me that hasnt happened yet.

Yeh i get not wanting to retire, youre right on that IMO but i dont get why he and his camp continue to pretend hes fighting or close to fighting.

Thats the bit that seems weird. Let others talk about you, we all still do but SURELY if he keeps "committing" then bailing over and over eventually everyone gets sick of it. Its weird to me that hasnt happened yet.
Yeah mate, how many times has he said he plans to fight 3x a year and he's had 3 fights in 6 years lol. Guys a myth now.
One win in 8 years lol.
s**t lol Pereria has won 2 titles since McGregor last fought

I believe Conor when he says he wants to fight. I believe Conor when he says it's Dana that's not letting it happen. It's well known Conor wants to go and make money boxing some hasbeens. It's well known Dana doesn't like that.

I think knowing all that it's pretty obvious what's going on. We had the exact same situation with Conor v DP until they went to do it as a charity fight. Conor has only 2 fights left on his contract, with an infinite line of people wanting one of those two. Dana is holding him ransom.

I believe Conor when he says he wants to fight. I believe Conor when he says it's Dana that's not letting it happen. It's well known Conor wants to go and make money boxing some hasbeens. It's well known Dana doesn't like that.

I think knowing all that it's pretty obvious what's going on. We had the exact same situation with Conor v DP until they went to do it as a charity fight. Conor has only 2 fights left on his contract, with an infinite line of people wanting one of those two. Dana is holding him ransom.
That's because you're a Conor fan boy. Conor says he wants to fight meanwhile he's on a world tour drinking partying and doing movie promotion. You'd have to have rocks in your head to trust him

If he wanted to fight he'd fight.

In addition he seems like the standard combat sport cautionary tale.

Dedicated and motivated to start, success then breeding apathy, now he seems completely ******* scattered.

I believe he probably wakes up some mornings and WANTS to fight, then lack of attention span and motivation pulls him to do something else.

God knows if i had his money and passive income i wouldnt wanna get in a cage and get punched in the head anymore.

That's because you're a Conor fan boy. Conor says he wants to fight meanwhile he's on a world tour drinking partying and doing movie promotion. You'd have to have rocks in your head to trust him

If he wanted to fight he'd fight.
Mate a fanboy I am not. I couldn't care less if he fights again. All I am saying is we've seen this before and know it was Dana, not Conor causing the issue.

Mate a fanboy I am not. I couldn't care less if he fights again. All I am saying is we've seen this before and know it was Dana, not Conor causing the issue.
May i ask, what do you think Dana is doing?

If Conor has a contract to fight two more times and everyone is lining up to fight him then why wouldnt Dana get him on a card?

I dont see how Dana benefits from that (noting we all know Dana is a self serving campaigner)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back