The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Klopp made such good subs. All of Jones, Robbo, Elliott and Gakpo reenergized us massively.

Macs goal was Gerrardesque.

Frustrating we couldnt have that easier on ourselves but job done. 8 to go!
This is why he is Manager and I am not. Taking off Salah seemed strange. Way more nervy than it should have been though. Hopefully United are just desolate after tonight.

It's funny, but Gakpo looked like scoring the moment he came on. He was direct, held on to the ball. Perhaps it's worth starting him in games like that (home v bottom six playing five at the back types).

Mac playing himself into player of the year considerations.

This is why he is Manager and I am not. Taking off Salah seemed strange. Way more nervy than it should have been though. Hopefully United are just desolate after tonight.
Yeah I was like Salah?? I know he wasnt great, but he's always the type to bang one in anyways. But as you said, that's why he's the manager and we're watching at home. Brilliant subs.

It's funny, but Gakpo looked like scoring the moment he came on. He was direct, held on to the ball. Perhaps it's worth starting him in games like that (home v bottom six playing five at the back types).

Id start Cody away to the mancs. Offers that false 9 ability, more of a playmaker than Darwin.

I thought Jones looked like he didn’t miss a beat.

Robbo’s drive and crossing really made an impact.

We are use to Elliott making an impact in the final quarter.

Great subs. What a difference it makes to have enough fit players to make meaningful and tactical subs.

Getting TAA and Jota back will further elevate the squad.

I'd expect a start for Gakpo just for the fact that you dont want to start Diaz/Nunez/Mo for three games in the space of a week. One of Diaz or Nunez will be on the bench I reckon. Jota would be very handy right about now, but we still have to wait.

Reckon Elliott starts against United too. So will Robbo.

I'd expect a start for Gakpo just for the fact that you dont want to start Diaz/Nunez/Mo for three games in the space of a week. One of Diaz or Nunez will be on the bench I reckon. Jota would be very handy right about now, but we still have to wait.

Reckon Elliott starts against United too. So will Robbo.
I reckon at OT we go with our strongest line up to start. Robbo and Endo for Bradley and Gravenberch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mac is player of the year.

His performance as No 6 was elite in setting up Liverpool's season. Once Endo found his feet Mac has moved to a more attacking role and been even better. He is clearly player of the season - maybe only VVD threatening him.

I reckon at OT we go with our strongest line up to start. Robbo and Endo for Bradley and Gravenberch.

-------------------Kelleher-----------

Jogo------VVD------Konate-----Robbo

-----Szo---------Endo----------Mac

----Mo--------Darwin-------Diaz

Adrian
Bradders
Kostas
Quansah
Jones
Elliot
Grav
McConell
Gakpo

-------------------Kelleher-----------

Jogo------VVD------Konate-----Robbo

-----Szo---------Endo----------Mac

----Mo--------Darwin-------Diaz

Adrian
Bradders
Kostas
Quansah
Jones
Elliot
Grav
McConell
Gakpo

McConnell wasn't in the squad this morning, but Clark was, which I think is an indication of the midfield pecking order. McConnell hadn't missed a match day squad since early December (funnily enough v Sheffield).

Which one Liverpool player hasn't missed a match day squad so far this season? Clue: he was the last player to miss one last season.

McConnell wasn't in the squad this morning, but Clark was, which I think is an indication of the midfield pecking order. McConnell hadn't missed a match day squad since early December (funnily enough v Sheffield).

Which one Liverpool player hasn't missed a match day squad so far this season? Clue: he was the last player to miss one last season.
Has to be VVD doesn't it (unless he was injured at some point), or maybe Kellerher.

Has to be VVD doesn't it (unless he was injured at some point), or maybe Kellerher.
VVD got suspended, and Kelleher missed two match days in October with some small issue (Alisson even started a Europa League match because of it).

And VVD is regularly left out of early EFL Cup ties altogether.

Harvey surely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back