The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew Mac was a very good player even before we bought him but didn't anticipate him being the greatest midfielder of all time

Now that the mancs lost in some embarrassing fashion, they're gonna turn up for Sunday like it's their grand final again

Yeah would have preferred they got a win.

Would start Jones against the Mancs, we need some stability in midfield to stop their counters. Their game plan will be clear, sit back and counter us, target our right side. Did it all game for the FA Cup and we didn't do anything about it

Also wouldn't start Gomez, he didn't deal with that very well in the FA Cup tie. Robbo and Bradley full backs

Would start Jones against the Mancs, we need some stability in midfield to stop their counters. Their game plan will be clear, sit back and counter us, target our right side. Did it all game for the FA Cup and we didn't do anything about it

Also wouldn't start Gomez, he didn't deal with that very well in the FA Cup tie. Robbo and Bradley full backs

That means Szo drops to the bench.

Szo was overplayed this season and after time out seems to be taking time to find his feet again.

Runs home - this weekend is massive for Liverpool;

Arsenal
Brighton (A) 9th
Aston Villa 4th
Wolves (A) 11th
Chelsea 10th
Tottenham (A) 5th
Bournemouth 12th
Man United (A) 6th
Everton 16th

Man City
Crystal Palace (A) 14th
Luton Town 18th
Tottenham (A) 5th
Brighton (A) 9th
Nottm Forest (A) 17th
Wolves 11th
Fulham (A) 13th
West Ham 7th

Liverpool
Man United (A) 6th
Crystal Palace 14th
Fulham (A) 13th
Everton (A) 16th
West Ham (A) 7th
Tottenham 5th
Aston Villa (A) 4th
Wolves 11th

The Arse have a good run apart from Spurs in the NLD.

Utd won't care by MD37 and they would probably prefer Arse wins the title over us and the sportswahers.

We can hope the blueshite need a result to stay up on the last day of the season I guess
Arsenals next 5 matches are not givens. A couple of tricky away games and London derby’s.

Manc has the easiest run home unfortunately. At least we can afford to drop a couple of points via a draw so long as Arsenal also drop some points which I suspect they will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we have a plan to beat the parking of buses?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Disappointed Premier League GIF by MolaTV

Arsenals next 5 matches are not givens. A couple of tricky away games and London derby’s.

Manc has the easiest run home unfortunately. At least we can afford to drop a couple of points via a draw so long as Arsenal also drop some points which I suspect they will.
Especially when teams like Villa field weakened line-ups

Mac is player of the year.

His performance as No 6 was elite in setting up Liverpool's season. Once Endo found his feet Mac has moved to a more attacking role and been even better. He is clearly player of the season - maybe only VVD threatening him.
Mac is definitely in the conversation. VVD would still probably be my favourite for the award and Mo is still in the running the lead the league in both goals and assists and if he does that, then it's pretty difficult to give it to anyone else.

Those three have been standouts this season though. TAA was tracking well too until the injury.

That tackle on Konate was absolute ******* madness and should've been a 3-5 match ban, but of course it got nothing because assault on our players is entirely allowed by the refs

Can't believe Ibou didn't do his knee tbh

I thought the same. I was wondering why the commentary didn't mention it but then I remembered that Bluenose campaigner Jagielka was co-commentator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back