2nds West Coast Eagles WAFL Watch 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously? A WAFL game starting at 10am. Traditionally that’s when the U10s or U12s play. I didn’t realise the WAFL had slipped so far. Sad if true.

We probably asked for the early start so staff could cover both WAFL and AFL games if necessary.

(Don’t ask me why last week’s game started that early)

After reading some of the pro WAFL opinions on this thread it's quite clear that the Eagles are between a rock and a hard place.
Let's make no special exemptions for the team with no reserves or colts and pretend that a couple of category b rookies are putting the beagles at an advantage.
But yet Peel can have a full suite of Freo reserves to pick from as well as Peels reserves and colts.
Since we are talking about incompetence, let's take the colts off the WAFL teams as we can see from the lack of Western Australian talent that they are doing a good job developing our next generation. Or is that not on the wafl clubs but the WAFC?
Seems like a culture of entitlement in the WAFLif you ask me

After reading some of the pro WAFL opinions on this thread it's quite clear that the Eagles are between a rock and a hard place.
Let's make no special exemptions for the team with no reserves or colts and pretend that a couple of category b rookies are putting the beagles at an advantage.
But yet Peel can have a full suite of Freo reserves to pick from as well as Peels reserves and colts.
Since we are talking about incompetence, let's take the colts off the WAFL teams as we can see from the lack of Western Australian talent that they are doing a good job developing our next generation. Or is that not on the wafl clubs but the WAFC?
Seems like a culture of entitlement in the WAFLif you ask me

The WAFl eagles do have an advantage considering Andrew Gaff is earning 3 times a wafl clubs salary cap that 60 odd players have to fit under.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The WAFl eagles do have an advantage considering Andrew Gaff is earning 3 times a wafl clubs salary cap that 60 odd players have to fit under.

Why is it a different system for Peel then? If we are truely looking at fairness then all the other wafl teams should remove their reserves and colts teams then? Is that not also an advantage? Or just what's fair and also benefits the original wafl clubs?
Do you you also complain about "Vic bias" in the AFL?

Why is it a different system for Peel then? If we are truely looking at fairness then all the other wafl teams should remove their reserves and colts teams then? Is that not also an advantage? Or just what's fair and also benefits the original wafl clubs?

The WAFL doesn’t exist solely to provide us with a league for our ressies to play in. Talk of asking other clubs to give up their zones and colts sides etc because we don’t have them is a nonsense.

We need to find a structure that fits within the existing WAFL structure that allows our WAFL team to be relatively competitive.

(Personally, I think we’ve pretty much got that structure, and the fact we’re uncompetitive is due to the fact that the entire club is uncompetitive at the moment)

The WAFL doesn’t exist solely to provide us with a league for our ressies to play in. Talk of asking other clubs to give up their zones and colts sides etc because we don’t have them is a nonsense.

We need to find a structure that fits within the existing WAFL structure that allows our WAFL team to be relatively competitive.

(Personally, I think we’ve pretty much got that structure, and the fact we’re uncompetitive is due to the fact that the entire club is uncompetitive at the moment)
It's obviously not a serious suggestion. The Eagles have their issues but pretending the wafl clubs are saints in all this is laughable.

It's obviously not a serious suggestion. The Eagles have their issues but pretending the wafl clubs are saints in all this is laughable.

They’re not saints, they’ve been dragged kicking and screaming to this position but we’re here now. The onus should be on WCER to perform like a side that’s half AFL listed players, one third experienced WAFL players, and one sixth ammos.

Probably your best ever post.

Because they are an alignment model with Peel. 2 clubs working together to provide the best interests for both entity's.

The Eagles have had this set up 3 times and each and everytime they have been a dictator and it has not worked. Now I am sure an alignment model could work for the Eagles but it must be a partnership not a dictatorship.

So 9 teams need to get rid of their structure to suit one team which doesn’t actually care if they win or lose.. ok…

And no a colts and reserves team isn’t an advantage to the wafl clubs.. 85% of clubs colts players leave the season after they finish playing colts and are never heard of again

And no I don’t complain about vic bias … in most cases it’s the hand your dealt. Deal with it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because they are an alignment model with Peel. 2 clubs working together to provide the best interests for both entity's.

The Eagles have had this set up 3 times and each and everytime they have been a dictator and it has not worked. Now I am sure an alignment model could work for the Eagles but it must be a partnership not a dictatorship.
Doesn't that alignment model then give Peel an advantage over other clubs then?

Lets just look at who the eagles had as 'AFL listed players' last week shall we.

Sheed and Culley both coming back after roughly 12 months off playing limited minutes and on lighter duties.
3 First year players, one of which would be playing WAFL league the other two in a proper setup likely would have played reserves.
1 Second year ruck who again probably should be playing reserves. Borderline to make seniors at another side.
1 other cat b rookie in his third year
1 former cat b rookie who is still a rookie in his third year
Trew, Witherden, Gaff WAFL quality at this stage and put in WAFL quality performances.
A slow as shit former rookie key defender who got monstered and suspended.

So what 5 players who should be playing reserves and 2 senior players on limited minutes yet people expect that side to be competitive. **** off. So either 6 or 7 out of 11 'AFL listed players' who in reality with limited minutes plus undeveloped juniors who should be playing reserves.

In a proper WAFL club setup Sheed and Culley would have come back through reserves due to their limited minutes.
Barnett, Livingstone, Baker 100% should have played reserves.
Then there's arguments over whether Johnston or Edwards would get a game at senior level at other clubs.

Lets put something in perspective. A former WCE rookie who we delisted last year played for the opposition had 26 disposals, 10 marks, kicked 1.2. If he put in that performance for the Beagles he would have been second best on ground for the team.

Lets just look at who the eagles had as 'AFL listed players' last week shall we.

Sheed and Culley both coming back after roughly 12 months off playing limited minutes and on lighter duties.
3 First year players, one of which would be playing WAFL league the other two in a proper setup likely would have played reserves.
1 Second year ruck who again probably should be playing reserves. Borderline to make seniors at another side.
1 other cat b rookie in his third year
1 former cat b rookie who is still a rookie in his third year
Trew, Witherden, Gaff WAFL quality at this stage and put in WAFL quality performances.
A slow as s**t former rookie key defender who got monstered and suspended.

So what 5 players who should be playing reserves and 2 senior players on limited minutes yet people expect that side to be competitive. * off. So either 6 or 7 out of 11 'AFL listed players' who in reality with limited minutes plus undeveloped juniors who should be playing reserves.

In a proper WAFL club setup Sheed and Culley would have come back through reserves due to their limited minutes.
Barnett, Livingstone, Baker 100% should have played reserves.
Then there's arguments over whether Johnston or Edwards would get a game at senior level at other clubs.

Lets put something in perspective. A former WCE rookie who we delisted last year played for the opposition had 26 disposals, 10 marks, kicked 1.2. If he put in that performance for the Beagles he would have been second best on ground for the team.

So the WAFL side is shizen because our AFL list is shizen?

Seriously? A WAFL game starting at 10am. Traditionally that’s when the U10s or U12s play. I didn’t realise the WAFL had slipped so far. Sad if true.
As if EF would of asked for a game this early. Seriously , I can't believe the logic behind your post....mind boggling.

Spot on GWS.

No WAFL club wants to work with WCE, especially after their alignment with EP. But hey perhaps since Pyke has taken over from Nesbit, maybe WCE could enquire again?..that's if they are even interested.

Spot on GWS.

No WAFL club wants to work with WCE, especially after their alignment with EP. But hey perhaps since Pyke has taken over from Nesbit, maybe WCE could enquire again?..that's if they are even interested.

Enquire with who, though? East Perth will never do it again, Perth have made it constitutionally impossible. No one else seems likely.

Now that Trev has gone it may be different. Perth would be the logical team to have an alignment with as it appears on the field they are going nowhere - anyway time will tell.

Now that Trev has gone it may be different. Perth would be the logical team to have an alignment with as it appears on the field they are going nowhere - anyway time will tell.
Be great if Pyke could sit down with Barich and make something happen.
Pyke likes the WAFL and I think he would do what he can to keep the Eagles in the WAFL. Guess we will find out soon, hopefully the door is not closed.

Amended in 2018 to require any alignment to be put to the members at a Special General Meeting.

So calling it "impossible" was inaccurate, but it's unlikely unless the strong member sentiment against an alignment (which is what drove the amendments) changes.
You would think though if Perth continue down the bottom the way they are at the moment that the members may get restless and just maybe down the track may reconsider.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back