Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 5 - GWS v Saints Sat April 13th 1:45pm AEST (Manuka)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

One day a player is going to be killed, this is the second collision this year where I've thought the player could easily have been killed.

The contingencies of what happens when it happens, will be bananas, imagine if it happens on a Friday night with 70k+ at the ground, they obviously would have to abandon the game and what happens from there, do they abandon the round, it will go worldwide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One day a player is going to be killed, this is the second collision this year where I've thought the player could easily have been killed.

The contingencies of what happens when it happens, will be bananas, imagine if it happens on a Friday night with 70k+ at the ground, they obviously would have to abandon the game and what happens from there, do they abandon the round, it will go worldwide.
What can you do in a contact sport? All you can do is mitigate risk. Not feasible there will always be risk.

Yeah the clash looked as ugly as it gets. No wonder they havent shown a replay. The shot of him they showed his eyes were rolling and he looked unconscious.

Professional footy is a scary game, this is a young man with a lot of life to live outside of footy, just hope he’s okay.

has anybody in the entire history of afl across every league, ever died from a head clash?
the odds are million to one and counting.

I mean how do you prevent an injury like that from happening

I was thinking to myself he was getting over zealous by coming across to spoil every contest at full throttle just a few contests before that.

Back