Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest Charlie, bring in Sweet and play 2 rucks against Cox and Cameron and push Ee-Varn forward cause he can mark and kick straight. Give him a bit of a rest as he has had a massive workload and let him play about half the game in the forward line.

FFS learn from last year and manage players, dont drive them into the ground, and give other players a go so you can assess them and they have had a taste come finals time if you have to play #27, 28 or 29 best player on the list in September.

If Lord was fit it would be Lord for Charlie and he could do a decent amount of rucking to help out Soldo.

Boak will come in, I'd make him sub so that means McEntee gets the chop, but Ken being Ken it probably means Mead will disappointingly be dropped.

It’s also embarrassing watching him limp, defenders feed off that too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep they know he can't move , that's why his direct opponent just takes the piss. He might still be able to provide somewhat of a contest due to his size but when we don't have the ball they just run rings around him.
He saved face kicking a late goal last week but it was genuinely sad watching him walk around last Saturday.
Even Frampton would give him a bath this week in his current state.

Yep they know he can't move , that's why his direct opponent just takes the piss. He might still be able to provide somewhat of a contest due to his size but when we don't have the ball they just run rings around him.
He saved face kicking a late goal last week but it was genuinely sad watching him walk around last Saturday.
Frampton giving Dixon a bath…. Now that’s an image stuck with me.

Rest Charlie, bring in Sweet and play 2 rucks against Cox and Cameron and push Ee-Varn forward cause he can mark and kick straight. Give him a bit of a rest as he has had a massive workload and let him play about half the game in the forward line.

FFS learn from last year and manage players, dont drive them into the ground, and give other players a go so you can assess them and they have had a taste come finals time if you have to play #27, 28 or 29 best player on the list in September.

Nice plan, but I think Kenny hates playing 2 rucks as much as he does dropping McEntee.

G'day Port fans. I'm a bit of a stat head and thought I would share the following with you all;

In the last five seasons the eventual Premier has been rated top two for Metres Gained Differential;

2023: Pies +268.2 per game (Ranked 2nd) Dees +298.6 (Ranked 1st)
2022: Cats +478.8 per game (Ranked 1st)
2021: Dees +386.6 per game (Ranked 1st)
2020: Tigers +342.4 per game (Ranked 1st)
2019: Tigers +291 per game (Ranked 2nd) Cats 298.2 (Ranked 1st)

The top two teams for this stat since it has been tracked are;

2015 Hawks: +579.4 per game (Won Flag)
2016 Swans: +575.5 per game (Made GF)

2024: Port Adelaide +594.2 per game. Early days but encouraging signs!

Best of luck against the Pies this weekend...cheers.

G'day Port fans. I'm a bit of a stat head and thought I would share the following with you all;

In the last five seasons the eventual Premier has been rated top two for Metres Gained Differential;

2023: Pies +268.2 per game (Ranked 2nd) Dees +298.6 (Ranked 1st)
2022: Cats +478.8 per game (Ranked 1st)
2021: Dees +386.6 per game (Ranked 1st)
2020: Tigers +342.4 per game (Ranked 1st)
2019: Tigers +291 per game (Ranked 2nd) Cats 298.2 (Ranked 1st)

The top two teams for this stat since it has been tracked are;

2015 Hawks: +579.4 per game (Won Flag)
2016 Swans: +575.5 per game (Made GF)

2024: Port Adelaide +594.2 per game. Early days but encouraging signs!

Best of luck against the Pies this weekend...cheers.
So whoever finishes 2nd in the stat this year will have the flag in the bag. Good to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which we may just see on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Lord was fit it would be Lord for Charlie and he could do a decent amount of rucking to help out Soldo.

Boak will come in, I'd make him sub so that means McEntee gets the chop, but Ken being Ken it probably means Mead will disappointingly be dropped.

I would like to hear Schulzenfest opinion on two rucks ;)

Farrell will probably get Hill

It was reported in the injury thread that Boak didn’t complete the main training and Dixon hasn’t trained all week due to illness.

Looks like McEntee will get a reprieve. Whilst, Sweet might get a call up if Dixon goes out.

I suppose the question is, how many are sick?
If they've got what I've got expect some late outs. Saying that I'm not a professional sportsman in my 20's

Didn't Stinkers rattle off some bullshit about not playing injured players and not running players into the ground.

Not even out of April and Dixon is done and Soldo looks like he could ruck 95% of match time for the entire season.

It’s my favourite day of the week. Today we get to find out if the Sweet or McEntee fans will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back