Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dumb at the time and even dumber now. Scott’s fine but Lipinski had far more potential and was dominating at the lower level that year.
We can debate about whether we should have given him more games for tactical reasons (and given that we were playing well in 2021 broadly you can argue we made the right choices), but in terms of contract, we offered Lipinski as good a deal as he was getting anywhere else. He wanted security of game time, which is understandable - and while he's played a good game here, it's not as if he's been a lock in the Pies' best 22 in his time there, which shows you that he's not necessarily guaranteed himself more game time than what he had at the last couple of years at the Dogs.

Well this is all interesting reading, because I've been told by a player manager today that the Dogs will be revising their offer to Smith in hopes of keeping him.
Keep in mind all of my info regarding the previous post comes directly from opposition players with relationships to our guys. So this is the stuff that is getting out to the wider player community which is an indictment on our culture in itself.

I don’t doubt the club would be looking at another offer to Bailey because our current one isn’t even in the ballpark of what others have offered. Power would not be doing his job if he were to sit on the one that has been on the table since January.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only by a little bit. That intercept that he had in the first showed really good closing speed. Halving that 2v1 deep in the forward 50 was impressive too.
Was meant to be going to the game today but wasn't able to get down there. Will hopefully watch the replay. His shift to the forwardline this year in the CTL has seemed to attract more attention at AFL level which is good, he is a genuine Utility who wouldn't be out of place in any third of the ground.

I don’t want to cause panic after a really good win but full transparency; after speaking to other players from another club who are well connected with a few boys at the Dogs, it’s not great news regarding the culture and apparent discontent at the Dogs.

Apparently very well known that Baz is gone among the boys and other clubs. Dogs contract isn’t competitive in any sense.

If Bev hangs around, there will be 3 or 4 senior boys who will privately request a trade. Not hard to work out who.

Bev is of the opinion that this is likely his last year unless it goes very well. 10 years is a good innings and he is well aware. The players are all aware of that too.

Factions formed where groups back Bev and others certainly do not. Another reason why the club is putting out fires to try and tie everyone back together. But it’s all very stinky at the kennel atm.
I am not discrediting you at all here.

But I just find it funny how the same rumors come up EVERY single year since we won the flag. Whether is is via media or posters, normally both. And every single year we are waiting for this mass exodus and player revolt, and those who have been de-listed would often rubbish the rumors on social media. it is getting so predictable, that before the season starts, I already have "rumors of cultural issues and player unrest at the Dogs" to pop up in the headlines.

That Lipinski kid goes alright...
From being on the edge of the 22 there, and winning the flag with them. To being firmly in the Pies current best 22. He has actually had a really good start to this season. Had some really good games, and only one average one that I can recall so far. Happy for him.

I think Collingwood is a better fit for him than us, to get the best out of him.

Last edited:
I am not discrediting you at all here.

But I just find it funny how the same rumors come up EVERY single year since we won the flag. Whether is is via media or posters, normally both. And every single year we are waiting for this mass exodus and player revolt, and those who have been de-listed would often rubbish the rumors on social media. it is getting so predictable, that before the season starts, I already have "rumors of cultural issues and player unrest at the Dogs" to pop up in the headlines.
The nature of the business is that a group of players are always going to be disgruntled at every club comes with the territory of having a squadof 44 and only 23 spots. The difference is no one really talks about it when clubs are winning, I don't think there is any more of a devide then there is at any other club.

I still don’t see it with Bramble. I’m sure he’s doing things the coaching staff are happy about but I haven’t been so nervous about a backline member’s disposal since Trengove.
What are you talking about here? Bramble's disposal has been excellent. It hasn't dropped below 81%.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was meant to be going to the game today but wasn't able to get down there. Will hopefully watch the replay. His shift to the forwardline this year in the CTL has seemed to attract more attention at AFL level which is good, he is a genuine Utility who wouldn't be out of place in any third of the ground.
Quite a few of the forwards and flankers showed a fair bit. Though Kobe Shipp played a pretty good game off half back, Hanily's repeat efforts to pressure and win the ball were amazing, Payne showed off his athleticism kicked a couple but could have easily kicked 3 or 4, McArthur showed some really nice signs kicked 3 as did Smartt who is just as natural as small forwards get, Ned Maginness was really good late in the game in the middle. Overall quite a few showed some really nice signs.

We can debate about whether we should have given him more games for tactical reasons (and given that we were playing well in 2021 broadly you can argue we made the right choices), but in terms of contract, we offered Lipinski as good a deal as he was getting anywhere else. He wanted security of game time, which is understandable - and while he's played a good game here, it's not as if he's been a lock in the Pies' best 22 in his time there, which shows you that he's not necessarily guaranteed himself more game time than what he had at the last couple of years at the Dogs.
How has he not been in Collingwood's best 22? he has played pretty much every week since he arrived there

There is way too much smoke with Baz.

Seems to me we lowballed, he may have felt insulted or whatever, hasn't even responded to the offer (Per Bains) and other clubs have pounced. He vanishes from the club for a bit, Collingwood players start getting a bit loose-lipped about their belief in him being there next season...

It's awkward due to the ACL and now all parties have to wait until the season finishes for what is just about publicly known to be inevitable.

It wouldn't surprise me if we are revising our offer. I would hope that we're taking dollars away from whatever we tabled to Tim and are funneling that elsewhere.

Keep in mind all of my info regarding the previous post comes directly from opposition players with relationships to our guys. So this is the stuff that is getting out to the wider player community which is an indictment on our culture in itself.

I don’t doubt the club would be looking at another offer to Bailey because our current one isn’t even in the ballpark of what others have offered. Power would not be doing his job if he were to sit on the one that has been on the table since January.
Caro has repeated it, apparently. She’s been reading this thread again 🙄

It’s weird how there’s never any unrest at other clubs 🤔

Quite a few of the forwards and flankers showed a fair bit. Though Kobe Shipp played a pretty good game off half back, Hanily's repeat efforts to pressure and win the ball were amazing, Payne showed off his athleticism kicked a couple but could have easily kicked 3 or 4, McArthur showed some really nice signs kicked 3 as did Smartt who is just as natural as small forwards get, Ned Maginness was really good late in the game in the middle. Overall quite a few showed some really nice signs.
How did Kershaw and De La Rue go?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back