Player Watch #33: Brayden 'Sausage' George

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted…..crossing fingers for length of time…but I’ll back him in..just means pause …..
This year is just full of spanners ….

If we didn't have bad luck...we'd have no luck at all.
Don’t know whether to laugh or cry …

Bad Luck Episode 136 GIF by Soul Train

Done. I am so sick and tired of this club picking up injury prone players hoping it will turn, for every Tarrant there is an Ahern, Perez and George, its ******* putrid list management and an indictment of where we are as a club. * off Brady.
Went back and checked the childhood song and can confirm that the knee bone is NOT connected to the shoulder bone. These two incidents are completely unrelated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully nothing too serious for young Brayden.
A big part of our future and has a lot of what we need. Can't wait to see those 60m roosts in the 1's

Boy oh boy, surely we're due a change of luck soon.

I've done both shoulders over the years playing footy and other sports. A dislocation is not an automatic reconstruction.

Once my left went out mid game, I put it back in and kept playing. Got it reconstructed months later when it went out again and I was sick of it happening.

Season not necessarily over. Depends on how they assess it.

EDIT: From the VFL thread...

"Brayden will get scans over the weekend or Monday to show the extent of the damage, but he seemed in good spirits so hopefully it's on the minor end," Lynch said.

Last edited:
I've not been more excited in recent history to see a player debut for North.

Footy in 2024 has been bloody hard to stomach.

Apparently it popped back in straight away so it could be on the minor side let's hope so
It's not the going in that causes the damage. It's how bad it was coming out.

We won't know the extent til he has his scans.

Had about 250 shoulder dislocations and a shoulder reco on either end of those. Had a standard reco in the beginning and at the time there was a thing called a latarjet procedure which is a shoulder reco with a bone graft but due to where medicine was, Greg Hoy only did about 6 a year, fast forward 12 years, he was doing that amount a day, so when I had the second one, we went with the Latarjet.

By god does a latarjet fix the problem, the bone graft literally locks your shoulder in the socket, but boy, if poor sausage has to have one of them, it’s a 6-8 month recovery. Never, ever had such a long, slow painful rehabilitation after any surgery, reco, break or dislocation as that particular operation.

Had about 250 shoulder dislocations and a shoulder reco on either end of those. Had a standard reco in the beginning and at the time there was a thing called a latarjet procedure which is a shoulder reco with a bone graft but due to where medicine was, Greg Hoy only did about 6 a year, fast forward 12 years, he was doing that amount a day, so when I had the second one, we went with the Latarjet.

By god does a latarjet fix the problem, the bone graft literally locks your shoulder in the socket, but boy, if poor sausage has to have one of them, it’s a 6-8 month recovery. Never, ever had such a long, slow painful rehabilitation after any surgery, reco, break or dislocation as that particular operation.
Shoulders and knees are the worst

Remove this Banner Ad

Back