SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What a turnaround from last year for Belgrave! Great scores against some weaker teams, but Seville were my tip for the flag (for what that's worth) and they've taken it right up to them. Gotta give them some confidence.

I would guess that is the case as well although I keep hearing Narre Warren are very happy in the league and they don't think Southern is a good fit due to netball not being played in conjunction with football.

Both Berwick and Beaconsfield have experienced lots of problems due to the separation of both sports. Berwick especially has seen many people leave the club due to the relationship ending with netball and football being in different leagues. As a result Berwick has experienced a player shortage this year.
Can confirm that Narre have lodged with OEFNL their intention to leave. Want to go to SFNL. Heard nothing as to if talks have been held with SFNL as yet....

Can confirm that Narre have lodged with OEFNL their intention to leave. Want to go to SFNL. Heard nothing as to if talks have been held with SFNL as yet....
When all is said and done the league will probably end up looking like it use to, just with a bunch of clubs ****ed around for close to a decade due to the incompetence of those in charge.

So with the proposed re structure next season with extra teams being relegated the league was forecasting Narre leaving? Or they made their decision will now re visit it? Also Berwick Springs has some work to do to avoid relegation. Should they be in that zone will the league force them down and travel to Yea? I think not

Or would Berwick Springs head off that contingency by applying to the SFNL as well?

They still have a few weeks to decide but it is not out of the realms of possibility, especially if they fall further behind Mt Evelyn and Pakenham on the ladder over the next few weeks.

I reckon that the league would still want to run with a 10-club top tier in 2025, so I'd be guessing 2 down and 1 up if Narre's transfer gets the all clear by the Kremlin.

Last edited:
I've reluctantly bit my tongue and stayed out of the Powelltown pile on as it was tiresome and generally just muck throwing from a few.
Not now.
What happened last week was nothing short of a kick in the face to all of the AFLOE that have stood behind them and a huge get stuffed to Alex.
It was the talk of the town at the games on ANZAC Day that Powelltown were forfeiting on Saturday. How about having decency to let Alex know? You know the club that had spent weeks preparing for the ANZAC Day game. Don't hit us with some garbage we don't know the circumstance what a cop out. You didn't get 30 injuries on Thursday at training.

Seriously the lack of respect from the club towards others is nothing short of a piss take.

Rant over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or would Berwick Springs head off that contingency by applying to the SFNL as well?

They still have a few weeks to decide but it is not out of the realms of possibility, especially if they fall further behind Mt Evelyn and Pakenham on the ladder over the next few weeks.

I reckon that the league would still want to run with a 10-club top tier in 2025, so I'd be guessing 2 down and 1 up if Narre's transfer gets the all clear by the Kremlin.
You know what would be real interesting…if Alex won Div 1 flag

I’ve not gotten involved either as it’s been boring and monotonous. But it seems that for the last 2 years the club was more than happy to hand out thumpings but when it’s your turn to cop it just forfeit? Seems pretty ordinary. How can a club not have enough to field one team?

Chose not to.

There social media makes out the netballers went out of their way to go up and play.

Let us know who else you don't want to play.

They also expect everyone to feel sorry for them, even tho they had no remorse when thumping teams last 2 years…..

So humble along the journey to go with it.

Old mate on VV giving it the he will enjoy the two premierships and new rooms approach.

I mean it’s all good and well to sit here and go at Powelly, but realistically what are the league doing about this? They said Powelly would be fine, and there was no need to worry. And here we are 3 rounds in and already they’re pulling out of games. Yet no statement from the league, and clearly nothing going to come of this…..

I mean it’s all good and well to sit here and go at Powelly, but realistically what are the league doing about this? They said Powelly would be fine, and there was no need to worry. And here we are 3 rounds in and already they’re pulling out of games. Yet no statement from the league, and clearly nothing going to come of this…..
The league will prop them up as always. Very protected species up there 🙄

I've reluctantly bit my tongue and stayed out of the Powelltown pile on as it was tiresome and generally just muck throwing from a few.
Not now.
What happened last week was nothing short of a kick in the face to all of the AFLOE that have stood behind them and a huge get stuffed to Alex.
It was the talk of the town at the games on ANZAC Day that Powelltown were forfeiting on Saturday. How about having decency to let Alex know? You know the club that had spent weeks preparing for the ANZAC Day game. Don't hit us with some garbage we don't know the circumstance what a cop out. You didn't get 30 injuries on Thursday at training.

Seriously the lack of respect from the club towards others is nothing short of a piss take.

Rant over
I apologise on behalf of our club to you.
It is nothing but a disgrace even more so as we knew it was happening on Wednesday night.
The communication from our committee down is nothing but a joke.we have given it a shot and I can only feel there will be more forfeits in the coming weeks if he keeps ripping into us players.
We had told him weeks ago we are going to struggle as we obviously don’t have the cattle. But the recruitment team have let us players down more as they keep telling us players are coming but yet to see them so we have hope then like Wednesday night we get shot down.
The outer east really should of done checks on our registered players as at least half a dozen have been cleared to other clubs and most won’t even play.

Are there any genuine rivalries in the league anymore?
The one I remember most is healesville and woori, always was a tough hard game and the supporters some both sides brought into the atmosphere. Sadly with H'ville not being competitive last few years it hasn't happened.

Happy to hear of any other big rivalries past or present!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back