Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Demons v Cats Sat May 4th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not yet he won't. Still 18 months away (about the time Melbourne really take a nose dive) from elevating his game as one of the genuine stars of the competition.
Absolute beauty in the making. Cats just keep on producing gems.
Lol. even though we have a better young list than you guys....

Jhye Clark should be playing regular football now. He can't even do it despite being physically well built, an early draft pick, in a poor midfield. He isn't afl standard.

youth.jpeg

Hawkins was on afl360 and said that he expects Steven May to take him and then asked 'who usually gets the better between you guys' and Hawkins does the noble 'it's probably 50/50'. Umm, no Tom. You've kicked 12 goals in the last 7 games against Steven. He's pantsed you.

Hawkins was on afl360 and said that he expects Steven May to take him and then asked 'who usually gets the better between you guys' and Hawkins does the noble 'it's probably 50/50'. Umm, no Tom. You've kicked 12 goals in the last 7 games against Steven. He's pantsed you.
That includes Tom shoving May in the back 15 times a game (including tearing May's hammy in the Prelim) and not once has he been pinged for it.

Lol. even though we have a better young list than you guys....

Jhye Clark should be playing regular football now. He can't even do it despite being physically well built, an early draft pick, in a poor midfield. He isn't afl standard.

View attachment 1976023
He's 70-odd kgs soaking wet lmao 🤣

Not like you to just make shit up though.

Lolllll

So hang on.

12 in the last 7.

But by my count he’s kicked 26 against him in 13 games so he’s not allowed to say ‘it’s been pretty even’ when it’s almost bang on his career average and May is one of the premier key defenders of the era.

Oooh he broke the rules

Lolllll

So hang on.

12 in the last 7.

But by my count he’s kicked 26 against him in 13 games so he’s not allowed to say ‘it’s been pretty even’ when it’s almost bang on his career average and May is one of the premier key defenders of the era.

Oooh he broke the rules
I stopped counting before Melbourne because it was getting boring. Anytime before Melbourne he was at a listless Gold Coast where he should be kicking 4 a game. So yeah May has owned him for 5 years.

I stopped counting before Melbourne because it was getting boring. Anytime before Melbourne he was at a listless Gold Coast where he should be kicking 4 a game. So yeah May has owned him for 5 years.

So….
He owned him when he had two goals and had 3 assists and Geelong won by 80 points.
He owned him when he had 4 goals and a goal assist.
There’s been two others where he’s given Hawkins at least 4 shots on goal.

So in other words 3 times he’s kept him out of the game in 7 attempts at Melbourne and overall their contests have been even and you got upset that the unwritten rules got broken by a guy on a panel show

So….
He owned him when he had two goals and had 3 assists and Geelong won by 80 points.
He owned him when he had 4 goals and a goal assist.
There’s been two others where he’s given Hawkins at least 4 shots on goal.

So in other words 3 times he’s kept him out of the game in 7 attempts at Melbourne and overall their contests have been even and you got upset that the unwritten rules got broken by a guy on a panel show
lol what on earth? you're talking 'shots on goal' to somehow try and explain why Steven May was owned Tom Hawkins? puh-lease!

Hawkins should've said I've struggled against May the last 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not yet he won't. Still 18 months away (about the time Melbourne really take a nose dive) from elevating his game as one of the genuine stars of the competition.
Absolute beauty in the making. Cats just keep on producing gems.
You know Geelong is going well when all our opponents have to aim at is a 19 year old who's played 6 games......

We can't seriously be getting umpiring whinging before the game even begins?
Tell ya what, why don’t you start yapping when Tom starts with his usual antics 5 minutes into the game and we can have a chat. Reckon every other fan base would agree with me,

12 goals in 7 games is domination for a guy that is the main target in a top 4 team.

but he didn’t say he dominated did he 😂😂

He answered a simple question about who’s had the better of their match up over the years and said it’s been pretty even which it has and for some reason you seem to have gotten rather menstrual about it

lol have the argument with someone who has made it mate 😂
What?
Nothing to do with you big fella.
I’ll have nothing of May getting beaten by Hawkins over the last 5 years. One of the few things weve done week against Geelong is not get beaten by Hawkins.

What?
Nothing to do with you big fella.
I’ll have nothing of May getting beaten by Hawkins over the last 5 years. One of the few things weve done week against Geelong is not get beaten by Hawkins.

But he has.
In one game Hawkins kicked 4 - in 3 quarters mind you - and in another he kicked 2 and laid off another 3.

So either May got beaten or he was busy dealing with another key forward that at that stage we didn’t even have.

Which is it

But he has.
In one game Hawkins kicked 4 - in 3 quarters mind you - and in another he kicked 2 and laid off another 3.

So either May got beaten or he was busy dealing with another key forward that at that stage we didn’t even have.

Which is it
So the last two years both at your excuse for a professional football field, Hawkins kicked 1.
The game that he kicked 4 in was in 2021 in geelong in a game Melbourne came back from 6 goals down. I’ll admit, it was some of the best football I’ve seen played by the cats in the first half of that game but that was purely danger going mental out of centre bounce and not your forwards being excellent.
The other two games in 2021, Hawkins pushes may in the back and tears may’s hammy but you know what the result was.
The other game in 2021, Hawkins elbows may in the face in fractures May’s eye socket and we still won that game by 4 goals.
Don’t say that Hawkins regularly beats May, it’s just not true. It’s an excellent contest in the same way that Hawkins and weitering has been.
If you want to argue, we can start discussing Hawkins’ grub acts against opposition players that don’t get punished.

So the last two years both at your excuse for a professional football field, Hawkins kicked 1.
The game that he kicked 4 in was in 2021 in geelong in a game Melbourne came back from 6 goals down. I’ll admit, it was some of the best football I’ve seen played by the cats in the first half of that game but that was purely danger going mental out of centre bounce and not your forwards being excellent.
The other two games in 2021, Hawkins pushes may in the back and tears may’s hammy but you know what the result was.
The other game in 2021, Hawkins elbows may in the face in fractures May’s eye socket and we still won that game by 4 goals.
Don’t say that Hawkins regularly beats May, it’s just not true. It’s an excellent contest in the same way that Hawkins and weitering has been.
If you want to argue, we can start discussing Hawkins’ grub acts against opposition players that don’t get punished.

At some stage are you going to debate something that’s been said?

I’ll say it again.

Hawkins since May has been at Melbourne has had two particularly good games against him, whatever details or excuses or whatever you want to flog about.

Overall he’s averaged 2 goals a game against him, a little under his career average, against one or the premier key defenders of the era. When asked ‘who has had the better of the match up’ Hawkins said ‘it’s been pretty even’ and your friend had lost his mind over it because Hawkins didn’t get on his knees and say ‘Steven May should be knighted for services to football because in five of the seven games we’ve played during one isolated segment of our history as opponents, I haven’t had a particularly successful run’ 😂😂😂

I hope you guys can recover from the trauma caused by his answer on a footy panel show

What grub acts mate?

He was the poster boy for jumper punching and got rubbed out 2-3 times for it and had missed a preliminary final for a separate incident. What are you going to do, have a cry because like every forward in history he gets his hands up?

I hope you can get through this difficult time

For pointing out some straightforward facts.

Even the ground thing or his style of play for that matter is a bizarre comment. wtf does that have to do with anything.

Next we will dig up the time he gave the same answer about Harris Andrews (against whom he has probably his best record) and suspend him for lying
I have no idea what your bottom two paragraphs mean, certainly not points I have made.
You cannot accept that poor old Tom Hawkins has been beaten by Steven May and to go further,
Jacob Weitering and Sam Taylor. You also cannot accept that he has a history of doing things that other supporter bases would deem as grub acts.

Back