Coach Luke Beveridge & the Dogs - is his time up? Where are they at?

Is Luke Beveridge’s time up at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 269 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 52 16.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

sad the simpsons GIF

Two games from the 8 but that was a bad loss. He might survive simply due to the time of the year and the fact they are within reaching distance of finals.
Problem is that's exactly what they don't need. To just carry on. Come good for a bit (too good not to) and maybe scrape into finals. Out first week or second at best. Near enough they con themselves into another wasted year with Bev. It's about time they got honest with themselves. Senior players included. Leadership is not good enough.

Last edited:
I think they should give him a chance to turn things around. Just another 3 or 4 years to see how things play out.
The worst part about the whole thing Is he is coaching a side that scribes actually think are stacked with talent. Fox Footy just underlined the stupidity of it when interviewing Sicily.

" Last week you were poor against the Swans and wanted to stand up today against a quality side ?
Give us a spell !!!! They are complete garbage.

The fact he cares about what people like Tom Morris or Sam Draper say says it all about where is mind is.

Most coaches wouldn't care less and wouldn't bring it up or if asked, just say "I don't know. I don't pay any attention to footy podcasts" or something along those lines.

Bevo gets sucked into it every time.

Last edited:
Still got a lot of credits from 2 grand finals but you have to wonder if theyll run out of patience soon.
Its a fact they want him gone and its been like it for the best part of 18 months. Trouble is they are that inept at the off the ground stuff and footy management they don't know how do deal with it. Draper rightly or wrongly was talking fact. Players can't stand him.

The fact he cares about what people like Tom Morris or Sam Draper say says it all about where is mind is.

Most coaches wouldn't care less and wouldn't bring it up or just say "I don't know. I don't pay much any attention to footy podcasts" or something along those lines.

Bevo gets sucked into it every time.
I like his honesty and human edge.

Best coach in the Dogs history, but his time might be up may be stale, a bit like Dimma was at Richmond.

Dogs have some great players. but I don't buy into the hype that they have a great list if that was the case they wouldn't drop these games.
Their list might not be the best but yeah they shouldn't be dropping these games.

Midfield still very strong. Defence and forward serviceable. Finals should be a min

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that in his 9 years as coach, he's never finished top 4 after the H&A season, with what people assume to be a great list. Very hard call to make due to having him producing that one early flag.

Their list might not be the best but yeah they shouldn't be dropping these games.

Midfield still very strong. Defence and forward serviceable. Finals should be a min
the defence is the weakest link, whole bunch of campaigners

So all down to coaching or players not working hard enough? I feel they don't defend very good minus a few players like Jones.

Luke beveridge has plenty of integrity and respect from within afl circles …… he will not be intimidated by the pitchfork mentality that some people in the media will try to use this week to drum up chaos and disharmony

Other than Bont who is great in there midfield?
they have decent/good players but I personally wouldn't call them great & that includes Treloar & Libba.

There defence is below average imo in the league.

Other than Bont who is great in there midfield?
they have decent/good players but I personally wouldn't call them great & that includes Treloar & Libba.

There defence is below average imo in the league.

Neither do the cats, yet their system continues to stack up, year on year. You don’t need 3-4 great mids to make top4.

Back