Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Adrian Dodoro has turned Windy Hill into a genuine premiership threat.

Ben McKay is a legitimate All Australian contender. Jade Gresham is flying on the half-forward line. And Todd Goldstein has wound the clock back a decade.

Jake Stringer is having an all-time great contract year, his best year yet since his last contract year.

The young core of oustanding talent have all taken a masive leap. Guns like Dylan Shiel and Sam Draper still to come back into the best 22.

I don't know exactly what "the edge" is but this team is playing like it's 1993.

I think they can win it all. And not just this one - maybe a few.

Syd, GWS, Pies top 3.
Geelong, Carlton, Ess and Melb chasing pack.

I think the top 6 on the ladder is actually a true reflection of the contenders.

Essendon are the second best side in the comp at the moment.

Throw a blanket over Geelong, Melbourne, Port and Collingwood as the next tier down. Brisbane will end up in this list, as will Carlton and GWS, who look very shaky now.

Every year the top 4 has a team who's is considered the easier team to beat or even easier side of the finals draw as some outside the 4 are better teams with harder draws who fall short of it.

Port in 2007 was a shining example of that happening.

Every year the top 4 has a team who's is considered the easier team to beat or even easier side of the finals draw as some outside the 4 are better teams with harder draws who fall short of it.

Port in 2007 was a shining example of that happening.

Essendon hasn't really tripped up (yet) against a team they should beat, and they've been able to get over the line against teams they weren't favourites against. They younger blokes looked tired the last fortnight and really aren't playing like a top-2 side.

I don't think too many are realistically saying we're the 2nd best side in it, or that we will be come seasons end, but other teams keep tripping up. Geelong looked great and have now lost 4 on the go. Port had a couple of big losses and scraped over the line against Hawthorn to be far from convincing. Collingwood had a slow start, seemed to be gathering some momentum but have had a couple of draws now. Carlton, Melbourne and GWS have all looked amazing at times and have dropped games they really shouldn't have.

Sydney are really the only side that's been consistently good and haven't really dropped games they shouldn't aside from that one against Richmond, they're the clear standouts right now.

If Essendon finish inside the Top-4 it'll be more about the teams around us just not getting wins than they should than about Essendon being an amazing side IMO.

The insecurity from my fellow Bombers supporters in this thread is disappointing, and a little bit cringe (you guys sound proper uptight, its just a game of footy!).

Can I just say that I really do feel something special brewing this year. Can feel it in my gut. I really do think this is the year that our boys win an elimination final.

It shits me to tears. All footy fans do it, "oh jeez I just hope we try our best because I don't want to get ahead of myself".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kruezzy missile is a classic, throwing up all these alternative threads ! Deflecting from his mighty blue boys What’s next old son ?
Essendon Bias - genuine discussion.
The rebuild of Essendon and their future prospects
Essendon- Has the Scott era already peaked ?
Zach Merrett- can he be the GOAT ?
Most boring vfl/afl player encounters. ( Essendon version,obviously)
Essendons draw so far
Which current Essendon players do you think will end up in the media?
How scared are you of Essendon this year ? ( he’s clearly shitting himself)
Nate Caddy isn’t leading the rising star so far (kruze missile says, like **** he’s not)
Essendons rebuild, are they tanking ?
Seriously don’t think kruze miss is not trying hard enough.
He clearly thinks bigfooty should be bigEssendon.

Kruezzy missile is a classic, throwing up all these alternative threads ! Deflecting from his mighty blue boys What’s next old son ?
Essendon Bias - genuine discussion.
The rebuild of Essendon and their future prospects
Essendon- Has the Scott era already peaked ?
Zach Merrett- can he be the GOAT ?
Most boring vfl/afl player encounters. ( Essendon version,obviously)
Essendons draw so far
Which current Essendon players do you think will end up in the media?
How scared are you of Essendon this year ? ( he’s clearly shitting himself)
Nate Caddy isn’t leading the rising star so far (kruze missile says, like **** he’s not)
Essendons rebuild, are they tanking ?
Seriously don’t think kruze miss is not trying hard enough.
He clearly thinks bigfooty should be bigEssendon.
You missed “Essendon - will they vote Trump?”

I can see potential 3 lossess and 4 or so 50/50 games with whats left.

Geelong, Pies, Melbourne.

GC away, Brisbane away, Adelaide mcg, Carlton mcg.

Even Freo and Saints have the ability to upset teams.
Saints won't be tearing anyone up.

Essendon hasn't really tripped up (yet) against a team they should beat, and they've been able to get over the line against teams they weren't favourites against. They younger blokes looked tired the last fortnight and really aren't playing like a top-2 side.

I don't think too many are realistically saying we're the 2nd best side in it, or that we will be come seasons end, but other teams keep tripping up. Geelong looked great and have now lost 4 on the go. Port had a couple of big losses and scraped over the line against Hawthorn to be far from convincing. Collingwood had a slow start, seemed to be gathering some momentum but have had a couple of draws now. Carlton, Melbourne and GWS have all looked amazing at times and have dropped games they really shouldn't have.

Sydney are really the only side that's been consistently good and haven't really dropped games they shouldn't aside from that one against Richmond, they're the clear standouts right now.

If Essendon finish inside the Top-4 it'll be more about the teams around us just not getting wins than they should than about Essendon being an amazing side IMO.
The good players in the early wins were the mature players, Merrett, McGrath, Heppell, McKay.

When the team got on a roll the younger guys took up the mantle, Caldwell, Martin, Duursma, Jones etc.

With the "high" of the wins, the second group is slowing. The bye cant come quick enough with that second group slowing. Caldwell, Durham, Hobbs (when played) need that rest.

The next two weeks against teams fighting for the lower parts of the 8 will see how we truly are going. Beat the undefeated in Queensland Suns or the high flying Blues in front of a suspected 90,000 and the wider AFL community will finally take us seriously.

Lose the next two poorly and the pile on will be validated

How did I miss this gem?

All the games you marked as green are certainties. Essendon could not possibly lose any of them. Agreed LOCKS.

Brisbane at the GABBA in Round 24 when Brisbane will be playing for nothing is an absolute LOCK for Essendon.

Geelong are totally cooked so that's another guaranteed LOCK.

That gets you to 15.5 wins. Enough for top 4.

Essendon are currently 2nd on the ladder so should easily beat Carlton at the MCG.

And the other 3 games.. Collingwood, Melbourne and Sydney... you are likely to start favourites in 2 of 3. Let's be conservative and assume you only win 1.

That's 17.5 wins. Top 2 locked. Home finals all the way.
Just stop with your poor troll attempts. It's not entertaining anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back