Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

MSD Info

Full list of MSD Nominees

Last edited:

NOAH HOWES (South Adelaide) Key forward, 18, 196cm

“Noah’s a key forward who has got a lot stronger and bigger over the past eight months or so and is playing some good league footy after finally overcoming some injury issues. He kicked five goals for us as a 16-year-old in an under-18s game against the Eagles and then as a 17-year-old he was nominated as an over-ager for the State under-16 team before suffering stress fractures in his back and missing the rest of the season. Then last year he kicked seven goals in two weeks before breaking his collarbone and missing a fair chunk of the season. Noah got back just before the under-18 finals and had six shots at goal (kicking 3.3) in our grand final win against Sturt. It might feel like he’s come from nowhere this year but it’s just a case of him finally getting a good run at it and having a big pre-season with our senior team. He has a lot of good qualities and upside.’’ – South talent manager and under-18s coach Mark Clayton.

I hadn’t heard about him until this week! Might have to pencil in a South Adelaide game this weekend to have a look.

Plenty of really good/mature defenders in the SANFL so what he is doing at senior level is pretty impressive.

Not going to lie though the back stress fractures make me nervous

We need to take this kid at pick 1 in the MSD. He’s a 196cm key forward who moves well and looks to have a very good kicking technique.
Hopefully the injuries are behind him now so we should be taking a punt on him. He has so much more upside than Scaife.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Usually there is a bit of hype about the who will be number 1 picks at least a month out onwards, pretty quiet this year though - I’m guessing it’s a very, very weak draft.
Very early days yet bluey, like I've said elsewhere the draft isn't that bad I'd probably rate it as average but again it's best we wait for the nationals in about three weeks and we will have a better idea at who goes where, guys can come from the clouds and some guys can turn it on and then some high profile players are quiet and then the question becomes even harder to answer.

Right now as of the "7-5 -24", you have your big 3, all midfielders, Sid Draper from SA, Finn O'Sullivan from Vic and Josh Smillie a 194cm mid from Vic, at the moment lots of people have them in different order and the same goes with the whole first round, but with the big 3, they are all different. Just wait until the nationals are finished that's when the hype will go in overdrive!

Come On Down Price Is Right GIF by Justin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very early days yet bluey, like I've said elsewhere the draft isn't that bad I'd probably rate it as average but again it's best we wait for the nationals in about three weeks and we will have a better idea at who goes where, guys can come from the clouds and some guys can turn it on and then some high profile players are quiet and then the question becomes even harder to answer.

Right now as of the "7-5 -24", you have your big 3, all midfielders, Sid Draper from SA, Finn O'Sullivan from Vic and Josh Smillie a 194cm mid from Vic, at the moment lots of people have them in different order and the same goes with the whole first round, but with the big 3, they are all different. Just wait until the nationals are finished that's when the hype will go in overdrive!
Sorry mate, I actually meant for the MSD but yeah you are correct it’s a little bit open for the national draft too atm, usually sures up a bit after the national champs though.

With a touch of 1993 Gary Ablett

Goodness me. Reading the last coupe of pages here, he's a combination of Carey, Ablett Senior and Curnow. What a player. Future Hall of Famer then, although if he has some of the less attractive traits of Carey and Ablett, may have some rather unsavoury off-field issues too. Oh well.

Goodness me. Reading the last coupe of pages here, he's a combination of Carey, Ablett Senior and Curnow. What a player. Future Hall of Famer then, although if he has some of the less attractive traits of Carey and Ablett, may have some rather unsavoury off-field issues too. Oh well.

With a dab of 1998 Ashley McIntosh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back