News Roos' 2024 player goal songs

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam Zurhaar with "I'm on my way from misery to happiness..."

Boy, this can be taken 2 ways... Let's go with the optimistic way and say we're winning a flag soon!

I really like Hansen Jnr's song choice. I wonder if he's an Arsenal fan because Arsenal supporters use it to mock opposition supporters and it's one of the best supporter chants i've seen in action:

šŸŽ¶Tsamina mina, eh, eh​

Waka waka, eh, eh​

60 million down the drain​

Kai Havertz scores againšŸŽ¶

For context, every said Arsenal overpaid for the player and that he'd be a massive flop. I'd love for it to be adopted fro Hansen Jnr.

Something like:

šŸŽ¶Tsamina mina, eh, eh​

Waka waka, eh, eh​

Another North player you can't contain​

Hansen Jnr scores againšŸŽ¶

If Griff (or Aidan or CT) returns & scores a goal this season... Everyone in the stadium needs to buy a Guiness... & do a jig!

We need to be blind drunk to watch some of our footy & survive.

Last edited:
Tarryn Thomas - Toxic

Wardlaw is just trolling all of us. Absolute menace and I love it.

Yep. Unless you can strike gold like Charlie Cameron, take the piss. No one really cares, and most of us prefer crowd noise after goals anyway. Well played GW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm stunned that someone selected Plastic Bertrand's Ca Plane Pour Moi (well done Eddie) but no one selected anything from Taylor Swift, who is surely a better choice than Pink, Rihanna, Psy or Shakira. Although, I'm not entirely sure I can say that honestly as I don't think I have heard any song from any of those four artists, except for Shakira, but two minutes later I couldn't even tell you the name of the song, it was so utterly forgettable.

Xerri's choice of Breathe by the Prodigy was another good selection, but they are few and far between.

I'm stunned that someone selected Plastic Bertrand's Ca Plane Pour Moi (well done Eddie) but no one selected anything from Taylor Swift, who is surely a better choice than Pink, Rihanna, Psy or Shakira. Although, I'm not entirely sure I can say that honestly as I don't think I have heard any song from any of those four artists, except for Shakira, but two minutes later I couldn't even tell you the name of the song, it was so utterly forgettable.

Xerri's choice of Breathe by the Prodigy was another good selection, but they are few and far between.
This is the most analysis you've provided on any topic on this forum for a long long time.

A worthy use of brainpower, if I may say so myself

Almost every club has had noises that go alongside their respective goal animations since at least 2015, such as Brisbane and Richmond's roars, A few whooshes from some clubs, we had some explosion sounds mixed with fake crowd noise a few years ago, carlton had straight up ear destruction in 2015 with thad godawful hyperspace noise, port had thunder, hawks had loud screeching, suns had the first few bars of their club song and we still currently have some pounding noise after each goal, and don't get me started on the noise played after every away goal since 2021! Why are we complaining about music when I don't see anyone complaining about the sound effects that have been there since the 2010's. Also apparently we used to have straight up ad jingles after goals back in the day (i was born in 03 so), so was it worse back then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back