Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Excited Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Well I spent 34 years in Frankston and was never stabbed once… had my bike stolen twice and my car broken into a couple of times, but never stabbed. That’s pretty good 😂
You were the one doing the stabbing? ;)

Will be my first time ever at Moorabbin. Can't wait to get stabbed.
My one and only time watching the Roos live in Melbourne was against the Saints at Moorabbin in the mid 70s. Went there with a couple of Saints supporting mates from boarding school by train on a weekend when for a change I wasn't gated after being busted for smoking. The Saints supporters actually left me alone standing amongst them as the lone North supporter, probably because I was just a kid. It was the day we won for the first time in ages at Moorabbin by from memory about 9 points. Big Slamming Sam Kekovich owned the ball that day with well over 30 possessions.

I'm looking forward to today to see what we can do against real opposition. I expect we'll get a bit of reality check from a well balanced team that knows how to defend, but that is how you learn and improve, which is what this year is mainly about. I just want to see us play positive Northball and am curious to see how our defence holds up. Unfortunately I don't expect Wardlaw to play if he was limping yesterday.

I'm disappointed that Chom is playing in the VFL team, but can understand why all the underdone players are given a run there. That VFL team is actually looking good on paper and probably better than some of the AFL teams we've trotted out over the last 4 years. Also curious to see how Goad, Maley and Wil Dawson play in the VFL game. Hopefully a positive glimpse of the future. Go Roos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be my first time ever at Moorabbin. Can't wait to get stabbed.
A 5 min walk from Bayside Melbourne. I hardly think so.
You do realise that Frankston is approx 30 kms from Linton Street Moorabbin. You have more chance of getting hit by woolies shopping trolly from the nearby woolies then getting stabbed.

You have more chance of getting hit by woolies shopping trolly from the nearby woolies then getting stabbed.
This is exactly what the stabbers want you to believe.

Is this thing gonna be a sell out?
Will I be ok to get in with my North membership if I’m there by 1?

Can anyone shed some light ?

Thanks guys

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Members need an actual ticket. It cost $8.80 for members to secure a ticket. Check your membership app to see if you've got one though because I've heard of some members getting them automatically added to their account, while others have not.

A 5 min walk from Bayside Melbourne. I hardly think so.
You do realise that Frankston is approx 30 kms from Linton Street Moorabbin. You have more chance of getting hit by woolies shopping trolly from the nearby woolies then getting stabbed.

Yep, it's basically Hampton. More likely to get frowned upon by a latte sipping Lululemon trophy wife.

Bit disappointed not to see Sellers playing. I'd have hoped we'd have him on the bench at least for some direct comparison with CCJ...

Bit disappointed not to see Sellers playing. I'd have hoped we'd have him on the bench at least for some direct comparison with CCJ...
Sellers might want to work on his ruck craft then
He’s better off playing with CCJ in a 3 tall forward line

Allowing zurhaar to be more a hybrid 4th that rolls thro middle at times

But can’t see this setup for a little while

Members need an actual ticket. It cost $8.80 for members to secure a ticket. Check your membership app to see if you've got one though because I've heard of some members getting them automatically added to their account, while others have not.

Thanks Chad
The club sent me 2 barcoded tickets
I didn’t pay anything though
I’ll tell those nuffies at the gate that I paid
I’ll create a scene if I have to, lol

Yep, it's basically Hampton. More likely to get frowned upon by a latte sipping Lululemon trophy wife.

Let me assure you guys as an Uber driving veteran of the Bayside area, there are plenty of dodgy commission housing areas around the ground, and 2 notorious crack houses that the cops have basically given up on.
North of South Road, much safer

Yep, it's basically Hampton.
Hampton? You mean the Compton of Melbourne?

Listen, I'll have you know that Victoria's preeminent expert on crime, Bec Judd, says the whole Bayside area is basically 1980s South Central LA. And if you can't trust Bec Judd, who can you trust?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back