News Roos' 2024 player goal songs

Remove this Banner Ad

The more alarming trend is an entire generation growing up without a musical identity.

The death of physical media has put a stop to the constant cycle of major labels marketing the next trends and artists, and streaming has provided a level playing field to any track regardless of its release date.

It's easier for a label throw a RHCP song onto a default Spotify playlist, and promote stadium tours, then it is for them to discover and invest in new artists.

We've reached a stage of post-music, where innovative artists are no longer able to reach a large enough audience to change the direction of music, and most popular genres as a result are at a point of stagnation.

You perform this exercise in 2004, and there would be a few old souls listening to Iron Maiden or Metallica, but the trends at the time such as Nu-Metal, Post-Grunge, and hip hop reaching its worldwide commercial apex thanks to artists like Eminem and Outkast, would be very well represented. Instead this list reads as an AI generated mix of songs, randomly picked through no discernible pattern.

They could have at least let Goater pick a song. I mean, it's not like Curtis Taylor's going to be kicking any goals for us this year...

Instead this list reads as an AI generated mix of songs, randomly picked through no discernible pattern.
I assumed from the start that it was a joke list of songs. Such a dismal collection of what Scomo would probably have on a mix tape. If it's true Larkey needs to move to fullback. Another reason to keep the sound on mute.

Last night's game was on Greek language radio. Going by the comments on the matchday thread they were better than Selwood. I don't understand Greek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warlord turned up to an interview in a New Order shirt at one point last season, and put some Stone Roses on a playlist someone posted. Fair to say he doesn't mind that stuff. I was hoping he'd chose Loaded by Primal Scream.

Absolute quality.

Warlord turned up to an interview in a New Order shirt at one point last season, and put some Stone Roses on a playlist someone posted. Fair to say he doesn't mind that stuff. I was hoping he'd chose Loaded by Primal Scream.
Here's a Spotify playlist of his. Killer.

Forgot to mention: Sellers' pick is great and I hope to hear it a lot!

I reckon all us old farts on here need to remember these guys are still really young. If I was asked this when I was 21 it could have been literally hundreds of different songs, from disparate genres. Some I’d now be a bit embarrassed by, some I wouldn’t.

One thing I wouldn’t do if asked now, and hope I wouldn’t have done then, is nominate something I really, really love. To me it’s too personal and would feel a bit icky having it blared over the Marvel P.A.

If you could choose something to subtly troll the AFL or the opposition, even better.

The more alarming trend is an entire generation growing up without a musical identity.

The death of physical media has put a stop to the constant cycle of major labels marketing the next trends and artists, and streaming has provided a level playing field to any track regardless of its release date.

It's easier for a label throw a RHCP song onto a default Spotify playlist, and promote stadium tours, then it is for them to discover and invest in new artists.

We've reached a stage of post-music, where innovative artists are no longer able to reach a large enough audience to change the direction of music, and most popular genres as a result are at a point of stagnation.

You perform this exercise in 2004, and there would be a few old souls listening to Iron Maiden or Metallica, but the trends at the time such as Nu-Metal, Post-Grunge, and hip hop reaching its worldwide commercial apex thanks to artists like Eminem and Outkast, would be very well represented. Instead this list reads as an AI generated mix of songs, randomly picked through no discernible pattern.

I dunno bro, drill somehow got big in the age of streaming.

Of course Wardlaw goes Dance of the Knights, absolute old school chad.

And Eddie's is as Eddie as it gets.

Had a laugh at RHJr's, Waka Waka was an in joke with a few people from my old work, claimed it as our official work theme.

Last edited:
Wardlaw:

Needs more Huey Lewis and the News.

“Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humour.”

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back