Competitions 2024 AFL Player Sponsorship

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you still want any more sponsors Luke? Looks like I will be able to afford $50 this year if it's needed.
I still have to put BF's money in - you can have my Platinum and badge if you want to keep your money this year.

So I was fortunate enough to attend the Lawn Bowls event tonight on behalf of the BigFooty NMFC player sponsors, and thought I owed you folks a bit of a write-up of the event.

I took my daughter along with me as my +1 and she had an absolute blast! She loves learning the players names and meeting them and having a chat, and all the players are incredible with kids and very generous with their time.

Some dot points of noteworthy conversations/observations;
  • Essentially the entire list was there, with only a few absences (Cam Zurhaar, Colby McKercher, Jaidyn Stephenson, Toby Pink, CCJ, Tyler Sellers, Liam Shiels were the ones missing from what I could gather).
  • Our player we sponsor, Hugh Greenwood, is bloody excellent with kids and was an absolute mensch with my daughter.
  • Greenwood says he feels fit and strong and is enjoying his footy at the moment. Says they haven't been told who is in/out this week but seems like he expects to play.
  • Ended up hanging out with Finnbar Maley a bit. He says he doesn't feel ready to step up to AFL yet and still wants to work on improving his knowledge of where to run and rotate in the 2s.
  • Finn said that he doesn't feel 'strong enough' yet, and highlighted how going up against Toby Pink and Biggie Nyuon at training always makes him realise just how strong he needs to get to compete at the AFL level. He was surprised Pink was dropped, and doesn't think it'll be long until he's back in the 1s.
  • Finn also said he couldn't confirm/deny anything because they don't know the teams yet, but he gave me the impression he doesn't believe Tyler Sellers is playing this week.
  • Ended up playing a round of Lawn Bowls 1-on-1 with Harry Sheezel which was great. The kid is just all class, as we all know. Cannot say a bad word about him. He says while the entire list is focused on Geelong, they know it'll be a tough challenge. They all want to come out the week after and "smash the Hawks" though.
  • Zane Duursma actually said the same thing to me, saying that for different reasons a lot of the playing group hates Hawthorn so it's become a bit of an ongoing theme that they're very much looking forward to the Hawthorn game so they can go out and really take it to them.
  • Zane also said that he's literally trying to win Mark of the Year, and is going to "go up for a fly" every chance he gets.
  • Had a good little chat with Will Phillips as well, and he said he's keen as mustard to get back into the 1s and help the team. Says he feels fitter than he's ever felt, and highlighted his defensive side of the ball as something he's really proud of in terms of what he's been focused on.
  • Without naming-names (because I don't want them to get them in trouble), one of the more senior players told me that this year's Puma gear isn't very popular, and the players don't understand why they're wearing Navy Blue. He also said that last year's blue was 'weirdly light' and he says Puma makes life more difficult than it needs to be. Gave me the sense Puma isn't very popular among the group.
Cheers to Luke72 for coordinating this year again. 'Nick' from the club has some stuff for you (signed guernsey/certificate etc I believe) so get in touch with him!

1712747788824.png

1712747811428.png

So I was fortunate enough to attend the Lawn Bowls event tonight on behalf of the BigFooty NMFC player sponsors, and thought I owed you folks a bit of a write-up of the event.

I took my daughter along with me as my +1 and she had an absolute blast! She loves learning the players names and meeting them and having a chat, and all the players are incredible with kids and very generous with their time.

• Essentially the entire list was there, with only a few absences (Cam Zurhaar, Colby McKercher, Jaidyn Stephenson, Toby Pink, CCJ, Tyler Sellers, Liam Shiels were the ones missing from what I could gather).
  • Our player we sponsor, Hugh Greenwood, is bloody excellent with kids and was an absolute mensch with my daughter.
  • Greenwood says he feels fit and strong and is enjoying his footy at the moment. Says they haven't been told who is in/out this week but seems like he expects to play.
  • Ended up hanging out with Finnbar Maley a bit. He says he doesn't feel ready to step up to AFL yet and still wants to work on improving his knowledge of where to run and rotate in the 2s.
  • Finn said that he doesn't feel 'strong enough' yet, and highlighted how going up against Toby Pink and Biggie Nyuon at training always makes him realise just how strong he needs to get to compete at the AFL level. He was surprised Pink was dropped, and doesn't think it'll be long until he's back in the 1s.
  • Finn also said he couldn't confirm/deny anything because they don't know the teams yet, but he gave me the impression he doesn't believe Tyler Sellers is playing this week.
  • Ended up playing a round of Lawn Bowls 1-on-1 with Harry Sheezel which was great. The kid is just all class, as we all know. Cannot say a bad word about him. He says while the entire list is focused on Geelong, they know it'll be a tough challenge. They all want to come out the week after and "smash the Hawks" though.
  • Zane Duursma actually said the same thing to me, saying that for different reasons a lot of the playing group hates Hawthorn so it's become a bit of an ongoing theme that they're very much looking forward to the Hawthorn game so they can go out and really take it to them.
  • Zane also said that he's literally trying to win Mark of the Year, and is going to "go up for a fly" every chance he gets.
  • Had a good little chat with Will Phillips as well, and he said he's keen as mustard to get back into the 1s and help the team. Says he feels fitter than he's ever felt, and highlighted his defensive side of the ball as something he's really proud of in terms of what he's been focused on.
  • Without naming-names (because I don't want them to get them in trouble), one of the more senior players told me that this year's Puma gear isn't very popular, and the players don't understand why they're wearing Navy Blue. He also said that last year's blue was 'weirdly light' and he says Puma makes life more difficult than it needs to be. Gave me the sense Puma isn't very popular among the group.
Cheers to Luke72 for coordinating this year again. 'Nick' from the club has some stuff for you (signed guernsey/certificate etc I believe) so get in touch with him!

View attachment 1955663

View attachment 1955667
Thanks for the great write up Chad and gorgeous photos of your daughter !

View attachment 1955663

View attachment 1955667
Awesome Chad. Looks like it was great fun. Thanks for the write up. Ill get in touch with Nick, he’s a hard man to peg down at the minute

View attachment 1955663

View attachment 1955667
I couldn't get there, so thanks for a fabulous write-up, very much appreciated

View attachment 1955663

View attachment 1955667
Great report, thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1955663

View attachment 1955667
Thanks for the write up Chadwiko great to get some player insights, particularly Finnbar & Will.

Thanks for the write up Chadwiko great to get some player insights, particularly Finnbar & Will.

Isn’t it?

Everybody on here ready to throw the kids into the mix and the kids self awareness to say I’m not ready.

View attachment 1955663

View attachment 1955667
Need to have a chat to Harry about that delivery stride. The foot's going one way, the hand's going another way (not to mention the angle the bowl is on), and dear God, that's the worst foot fault I've ever seen.

Brilliant write-up, though!

Need to have a chat to Harry about that delivery stride. The foot's going one way, the hand's going another way (not to mention the angle the bowl is on), and dear God, that's the worst foot fault I've ever seen.

If you're thinking AFL footballers would be coordinated and naturally talented at lawn bowls, you'd be sorely mistaken!

Most of them were absolutely rubbish hahaha.

Xerri was probably the best roller for my money.

for different reasons a lot of the playing group hates Hawthorn so it's become a bit of an ongoing theme that they're very much looking forward to the Hawthorn game so they can go out and really take it to them.

Good, get them back for Hodge and his thug teammates.

Last edited:
Thanks for the write up Chadwiko. Looks like you and your daughter had an awesome time! Love that our players are so engaged with this type of thing.
I reckon they’ve put a bit of time into it. Having been involved in it the last few years I think they’ve worked on the type of events and spoken with the players and really improved these events from what they were a few years back. Kudos to the people involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back