Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

Curnow went back when they were two scores away from winning. We were out on our feet and not looking like scoring by this stage. If Curnow didn't go back, we would have lost. It's what teams do to protect a lead, and hey we held on. If anything, it was us coughing the ball up rather than not having outlet options.
Curnow has been going back for a few weeks now and saving the last minute leak goas

Too much stress. Love the character of this team. Melbourne were outstanding, but dominating the first quarter was always going to be crucial.

There’ll be people complaining that the Dees got back into the contest, but don’t forget they’re a top team. We set the win up and delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I've read lately that a certain other club's captain is the best in the league but I reckon #9 for CFC goes alright!
Owies, 6 goals in 2 weeks against 2 very good sides. Also had some important passages of play.
Cincotta showed how stupid it was for him to be dropped.
Acres should be given legend status. Very 80's like in his approach to the game. A bit of mongrel and never says die.

Did I mention man love for Crippa? LMAO

Going against the grain but that was a massive win for us. Two key men down against a quality outfit who were always going to come hard.

Yes we do need to learn how to win comfortably and yes mistakes were made but to beat a top 4 team with little score board impact from our two towers and two players returning from decent lay offs.

I actually think this win will do wonders for their confidence. I predicted two wins from this tough 5 game stretch and didn't think tonight would be one of them. We hung on in trying circumstances. Next lesson is to play to tempo and notch up some 4+ goal wins. It will happen.
Who was the other key player out? Cerra and ?

One of Owies best games I reckon…3 goals and was everywhere tackling and pressuring
Had 3 last week as well. Was good then also. Is a very underrated player.

I was just a bit disappointed that the soccer goal didn't graze his hair or something just to really annoy the dees supporters.

I thought it was anybody who got an ear lobe to that, it would be Acres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my wish lol
(Posted earlier in the week)
So what you're saying is, it's your fault.

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki

The same unrelentingly daft balance between run and contested work.

The same unrelentingly egotistical behaviour from Cripps and Walsh to demand the football when they don't deserve it, and to try and take on the game in situations that do not call for it.

The same unrelenting arrogance to flog elite endurance runners into the ground instead of spreading some of the load through selection, management of minutes when they push themselves anaerobically, and not rolling the dice so much with underdone and athletically incapable players.

Shall I keep going?

How the hell have we won 2/3rds of our games including 2 flag contenders and another top 8 side?

I think there is a fair bit to work on, Cerra hamstring issues need questioning, but Gov and Martin came back and both played vital roles tonight in the win.

The way you are carrying on we are worse than North.

Great defending ?
I think it’s tactical.

Trying to lock down and hold on.

I’d like us to play our natural game.

It takes energy to run up and down the field to zone. We deplete ourselves constantly and fold… these wins are fortune - Melbourne kick straight, they win… they should never, ever have been in that position being 28 points up early in the last.

Sorry to be a pessimist, but there’s a sour taste about how we’ve played in the last five weeks (GWS included despite it “clicking” in the 2nd half).

Yes, some people seem to think we have a divine right to flog everyone we play.

Id love us to, but we don’t.

I think this side still isn’t where we want to be, and we need to improve and get some pieces to get us there. Also some of the younger guys need to play more footy together.

No side is perfect, that’s impossible with a salary cap and a draft, but we are now in a position going into every game thinking we can win.
There we go - a balanced view.

The good news is we are 6/3 with about 14 weeks to learn & get better :)

Laughing at us celebrating that dog s**t effort.

We're going fine. But efforts liek that in the last expose us as mentally and physically gettable.

Melbourne are not contenders either imo. They rely on too few.
It's the first game the dees have lost this year with kossie pickett playing. They beat the undefeated Cats last week. They are genuine contenders.

Your insipid misery knows no bounds.

3 games in 12 days. All of them against contenders. They took risks that paid off, won a few centre clearances, locked the ball inside 50. Was a remarkable from them. Relieved we got the 4 points, but we need the 8 day break desperately. Super happy with 6-3, and thought the performance before we hit the wall was sensational. Proud of this group immensely

Back