Autopsy 2024 Rd 9 Blues hold on in 1 point thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 9 vs the Demons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 'shit posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

melbourne are a decent side. but we coughed up a 6 goal margin in the wet. there's no way it should have been that close.
we play scared, and after watching that i know why.

happy getting the 4 pts, not so happy about the play. hopefully we improve on some of our early year showings if we're hanging around at the pointy end.

some good games by less heralded players. owies got involved all over the ground, cincotta some important moments.
you could see curnow had been spoken to because he improved on his 2nd efforts.

both teams got some umpire gifts that cancelled each other. but gee whiz a lot of our tackles seem to go unrewarded.

We won a tight game against a top 4 contender after losing 3 of our last 4 and on the brink of tipping out of the 8. We had 3 players coming back in after several weeks out, another in his 2nd game after several weeks out, and 2 more coming back in after being dropped last week. Dees had 1 change. We did well to find our cohesion and hit the ground running. It's no surprise that quite a few in our side were gassed by the end.

4 points earned. Our downward spiral has stopped. We can still compete with good teams when not everything is going our way.

I'm going to have a good weekend. Very happy we held on.

You just proved my point again. Celebrate what? Losing a 5 goal lead in the wet against a team with 1 day less recovery.

I guess just accepting mediocrity is OK with some people.
That was Melbourne’s 6th game in 40 days.
Carlton 7 in the last 42.

It gets worse:

Dees last 4 (with a bye in there to freshen up) 29 days.
Carlton 5 in the last 27….

We were out but held on…

Alright, that's enough.

The next poster who thinks they should have a crack at an individual or a collective reaction to this game is going to find themselves threadbanned. Terms like 'bleaters' or 's**t posters' will see things escalated further.

Let's discuss our views on the match without getting the knives out, please.

Agreed. Sweeping statements are not needed. If you disagree with a post, quote it and rebutt it.

Does a lack of talk from teammates have something to do with it as well???
Ollie is usually on his own when he receives the ball and instead of doing a quick head check before he takes of, he just takes off. it's a lack of experience thing. I reckon time hanging around Cerra and Hewett will give him that trait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've read lately that a certain other club's captain is the best in the league but I reckon #9 for CFC goes alright!
Owies, 6 goals in 2 weeks against 2 very good sides. Also had some important passages of play.
Cincotta showed how stupid it was for him to be dropped.
Acres should be given legend status. Very 80's like in his approach to the game. A bit of mongrel and never says die.

Did I mention man love for Crippa? LMAO
This is a great post.

Our best footy is very good. As the season builds we will learn to do it for four qtrs.

Back