The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

really interesting feel about Can. Last season everyone was insisting on a starting position for him. Now he is a more than handy sub for Wij.
Let's not go that far! I think Can is huge for us. What I think is interesting is how well Henderson has fit into that #6 role. That was Can's role. So right now I think it's Hendo more so than Wij keeping him out.

Wij is really key with his ability to get into the box and overload attacks. He does it time and time again. That kind of thing isnt something you can really teach either. It's like a feel for the game, that uncanny knack of popping up in the box. Something Lampard for example had in spades. Wij has that quality, he's totally different to Can.

Be interesting to see how it goes as the season goes on because we all know Klopp is a huge fan of Emre Can too.

Some good stats in MNF.

Since Klopp joined us.

Goals - 71 - 1st
Possession - 58.8% - 1st
Tackles per game - 22.4 - 1st
Sprints per game - 559 - 1st

They then showed net spend of 9 million which further suggests that Klopp hasnt changed the team by buying a new first XI. He has changed on the training pitch. It's impressive stuff really.

Half of the on target shots becoming goals is piss poor, one of our biggest weaknesses for the past few years
While I agree that has been a problem with us for years, I dont think this season is too similar. We've gifted goals to teams with individual errors. Both goals against Burnley shouldnt really happen. The goal Leicester scored and the opener for Arsenal.

So as that graphic shows we are really improving our defending as a team and giving teams very little joy, until we bail them out with an individual error. Once we cut those errors out, I think we will vastly improve.

Saw these comments too today which echo something similar Rose said after the Spurs game earlier this season. Really shows that we are making great progress. Even rivals are coming out and commenting on it.

SM what do you think about these comments?

“They didn’t give us a chance to breathe,” reflected Hull's captain, Curtis Davies, eulogising 'the most 'ruthless' and 'fluent' attack he'd faced this season.

“Arsenal are a very good passing team, but a lot of their stuff is in front of you,” he said.

“Nice little passes. Liverpool have that mix of nice little passes and then people who will run and run at you and beat you as well like Mane and Coutinho."

“They weren’t satisfied with 3-0. They wanted 6, 7, 8. That is the difference.

“It is hard to lay a glove on anyone. When there is so much inter-changing you cannot put your mark on one person. It is tough to make a tackle. One second Mane will be in that hole, then Lallana and then Coutinho. There is a lot of interchange, quick football and with the full backs playing like wingers it becomes very difficult because you end up with backs against the wall"

“They play with Henderson and the two centre-halves at the back and the rest can go where-ever they want. That is not an ill-disciplined thing, that is organised.”

Saw these comments too today which echo something similar Rose said after the Spurs game earlier this season. Really shows that we are making great progress. Even rivals are coming out and commenting on it.

“They didn’t give us a chance to breathe,” reflected Hull's captain, Curtis Davies, eulogising 'the most 'ruthless' and 'fluent' attack he'd faced this season.

“Arsenal are a very good passing team, but a lot of their stuff is in front of you,” he said.

“Nice little passes. Liverpool have that mix of nice little passes and then people who will run and run at you and beat you as well like Mane and Coutinho."

“It is hard to lay a glove on anyone. When there is so much inter-changing you cannot put your mark on one person. It is tough to make a tackle. One second Mane will be in that hole, then Lallana and then Coutinho. There is a lot of interchange, quick football and with the full backs playing like wingers it becomes very difficult because you end up with backs against the wall"

“They play with Henderson and the two centre-halves at the back and the rest can go where-ever they want. That is not an ill-disciplined thing, that is organised.”
This praise makes me beam with pride

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean what do I make of them?

As for the team vs Swansea next week I think Lovren will slot in for Klavan and that's about it.

Lovren is fine now for the Swansea game

Thinking we'll go in like this

Coutinho-Firmino-Mane
Wijnaldum-Henderson-Lallana
Milner-Lovren-Matip-Clyne
Karius

Subs: Mignolet, Klavan, Moreno, 1 of Lucas/Grujic, Can, Origi, Sturridge

U23s also play Wolfsburg in just over 24 hours on LFCTV. Could be a strong side too.

Would like to note that it's a tad annoying that Brannagans loan to Wigan fell through.

On the bench for the U23s, Behind Stewart, Ejaria and Chirivella in the pecking order now.

Lovren is fine now for the Swansea game

Thinking we'll go in like this

Coutinho-Firmino-Mane
Wijnaldum-Henderson-Lallana
Milner-Lovren-Matip-Clyne
Karius

Subs: Mignolet, Klavan, Moreno, 1 of Lucas/Grujic, Can, Origi, Sturridge

U23s also play Wolfsburg in just over 24 hours on LFCTV. Could be a strong side too.

Would like to note that it's a tad annoying that Brannagans loan to Wigan fell through.

On the bench for the U23s, Behind Stewart, Ejaria and Chirivella in the pecking order now.
That XI you listed right now is our best XI.

I didnt think it would work, I thought our midfield would be too lightweight with no real pass master and no real DM. But it just works. Can will have to wait his turn, as will Sturridge too. That front three is super boss. Quality on the ball, movement, pace, all three close down and tackle.

That's our settled XI, the two who are really unlucky are Can and Studge. The rest for me are clear backups.

Just wondered what you thought about your own player saying that about Liverpool. Pretty fantastic praise.

I'm still not seeing your point. Am I meant to be upset? Most players praise opposition clubs before hand, bigging up how tough they will be as opposition, and after a big loss, most players will be pretty complimentary of the side that beat them.

I'm still not seeing your point. Am I meant to be upset? Most players praise opposition clubs before hand, bigging up how tough they will be as opposition, and after a big loss, most players will be pretty complimentary of the side that beat them.

I think he was just asking you to join in the bukkake.

I think he was just asking you to join in the bukkake.

Oh right, it sounded like he thought I should be upset with Davies for gushing haha. You guys were incredible. You would have smashed anyone in the league if you played like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back