Now the Herald-Sun have a secret tape of Hird, Corcoran, Bomber et al?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit, we've been through this before. The EFC players were ultimately found guilty of a violation of clause 11.2 of the AFL anti doping code. That is, use or attempted use of a prohibited substance. In plain language, they were found guilty for use of tb4.

Now, you may not like how the decision was reached - I certainly have some issues with it - but you can't pretend it isn't what it is. They most certainly have been found guilty of taking something illegal under the code. Endy story
Bullshit, we've been through this before. The EFC players were ultimately found guilty of a violation of clause 11.2 of the AFL anti doping code. That is, use or attempted use of a prohibited substance. In plain language, they were found guilty for use of tb4.
How then do the AFL and ASADA have nothing. EFC were clear.
Can you explain this?
Especially the part where we were tested guilty of having done so. Or was it 'the vibe' again?
Accusations and presumptions based on opinion won't convince me!
Show me the facts/data otherwise I want INQUIRY to establish something and then identify where the failings actually/really existed.

To find out what they were given.
Civil suits aren't about finding things out, they are about getting reparation. And Dank already signed a stat dec saying he had no documents. So given that, and the high cost that can't be recouped, there would be less than zero point in what you're suggesting.

Please make it go away... Essendon got slapped with a massive fine for governance issues... and got hit with nothing once the players were punished.

The players knew that there was something wrong with the "supplements" regime when it went off-site. They deserved to get a full 2 year ban. As it was, it got backdated 12 months even after they were found guilty and didn't give significant assistance during the ASADA and WADA investigations.

And to make matters worse... Essendon were rewarded by the AFL for having 12 players banned for 12 months after they finished last on the ladder! I would have moved their first round pick to the end of the first round so that they had picks 18 and 19 together!

How did the players "know"? They aren't scientists. Dank is, and he may have lied to them. We don't know, because for some reason, ASADA never interviewed Dank.

You say that they deserved to get a two-year ban. Well, even the CAS gave them one year, because it was backdated.

Maybe ASADA shouldn't have taken four years to work on the case, and WADA should have moved immediately, instead of waiting until AFTER the AFL heard it and acquitted them.

You would think that, as a Bulldogs supporter, you would be too happy celebrating your first flag in six decades to worry about any other team. Besides, if the players got two years, you would be missing Stewart Crameri for this season as well.

Can you explain this?
Especially the part where we were tested guilty of having done so. Or was it 'the vibe' again?
Show me the facts/data otherwise I want INQUIRY to establish something and then identify where the failings actually/really existed.
I don't have to show you anything. I'm pointing out to you that you claiming the players weren't found guilty of using a substance illegal under the code is wrong.

Now, you may not like how the decision was reached - I certainly have some issues with it - but you can't pretend it isn't what it is. They most certainly have been found guilty of taking something illegal under the code. Endy story
Bullshit, we've been through this before.
BTW omniscient and omnipotent one, 'Watch ya' friggin manners!'
Kind Regards,
JayDon FlyingHammerKick!
P.S. Is cortosone a steroid? There's another story some admin won't go near!?

Last edited:
Personally think this has more to do with the writ recently lodged in the Supreme Court. The basis of that is that the AFL was knowingly selling silver membership's to EFC supporters which come with final ticket guarantees after deciding to boot EFC out of the finals. This recording suggests EFC knew about the actual penalties 5 days before being charged, and nearly 3 weeks before being found guilty, while silver memberships where still being marketed to EFC supporters.

So suspect this is about either shoring up financial support for the court case and/or establishing that the court case is not an ambient claim.
It's an odd play though, doesn't make sense that it was leaked (directly or assisted) by anyone who still has some skin in the game. Too greater risk that it shakes out some other leaks?

Last edited:
To be fair to Bomber, I don't see any downside to doing that....and pitchforks are on sale at Bunnings as well
I would very much like to see the afls records on those other 12 clubs though. Though (2 thoughs in a row!) one could suspect that shredding machine sales peaked around that time and that manufacturers were inundated with customer complaints of overheating and jamming problems and service staff were doing lots of overtime.

Bullshit, we've been through this before.
BTW omniscient and omnipotent one, 'Watch ya' friggin manners!'
Kind Regards,
JayDon FlyingHammerKick!
Oh boy, I'm so scared of the guy on the internet.

And surely if I'm omnipotent then your flying hammer kick isn't going to do much?

And you can bet EFC have no desire to relitagate this. It can do no good whatsoever

Absolutely!

I'd be willing to wager that all EFC wants at this stage is for the whole kit and kaboodle to fade into obscurity and go back trying to win games. The continual reopening of old wounds has never been a successful strategy for healing.

The players themselves aren't driving this as evidenced by their complete lack of participation. Ditto the clubs. It seems to be the loonies vs the AFL...and yes I'd include sections of the media in that description.

Its done. Let it lie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would very much like to see the afls records on those other 12 clubs though. Though (2 thoughs in a row!) one could suspect that shredding machine sales peaked around that time and that manufacturers were inundated with customer complaints of overheating and jamming problems and service staff were doing lots of overtime.

I wouldn't trust the AFL to act with integrity at the best of times, so if any other clubs were caught out, you can bet there won't be any records or any efforts to do anything.

That said, if any other clubs get caught out then the AFL should be forced to take a hands off approach and let the rules be applied without fear or favour. The bottom line can recover, your integrity can't.

Last edited:
Have'nt you noticed that EFC have NOT been proven guilty of taking anything illegal!? Tests were sent to the highest drug testing lab in the world, Cologne. Nothing to see here boys!
The AFL and ASADA(Australian Government Agency) had nothing. Cleared. Then it goes to CAS. And another country's laws decided something went on so 'you're gone'. Fair dinkum, what a joke!
"We reckon you did it! Prove you didn't!" What the? How can you prove you didn't if you didn't? It's weird!!!!!!!! How can you show records of impropriety if they don't exist?
I hear someone say well show us something!!! I say open every clubs books for the last 5 years! Now that'd be a good read OR lack of reading!
BTW, was the interaction of the AFL with ASADA a Federal Offence with a possible 2 year stint in jail!
Hello Andy!

Guilty as sin and only semantics can be used to attempt to explain it.

And surely if I'm omnipotent then your flying hammer kick isn't going to do much?
Really. Please, I don't tag myself like that...avatar etc.
Happy in my own skin. Don't need to exaggerate like others. JayDon. Bomber fan who wants best for all EFC.
I think you'd agree that some of our 'past' playing champs/staff champs are entitled to pursue what they see as justice. I don't think that the current players etc. would begrudge them that and likely support their civil right. They are held in high regard and are entitled to restore any losses they feel they have. If AFL are damaged in this pursuit then that's justice prevailing. Bad luck.

I just want to hear from the one man we're all thinking about, what has he got say on it?

Nick Giannopoulos, what is your take?

I just want to hear from the one man we're all thinking about, what has he got say on it?

Nick Giannopoulos, what is your take?

The Wog out of Work was funny the other week. Funniest he's been in decades.

But what is even funnier is that according to Caro just now, The Hird's are still recieving...and listening to...advice from Steve Amendola and Mr "Hawker85" himself, Ian Hanke.:eek:

The mind boggles.

The Wog out of Work was funny the other week. Funniest he's been in decades.

But what is even funnier is that according to Caro just now, The Hird's are still recieving...and listening to...advice from Steve Amendola and Mr "Hawker85" himself, Ian Hanke.:eek:

The mind boggles.

Sadly, it doesn't.

It's an odd play though, doesn't make sense that it was leaked (directly or assisted) by anyone who still has some skin in the game. Too greater risk that it shakes out some other leaks?

If I had to have a guess how it got leaked, I would put my $2 on it being found in some kind of legal discovery, e.g such as Hal Hunter did on EFC and passed on.

Considering the conversation happened in the EFC board room, And EFC HQ is a new faculty suspect the recording equipment is built in for minute taking. Conversation after the end of another meeting that was being recorded (or even just left on) no one realized it was still recording and some poor grad lawyer or paralegal got tasked with going through all the recordings kept listening after the end of the meeting and bingo. Which would also explain why long it took so long to come out.

Can you explain this?
BA0E1B87-6C91-437D-A957-855B51AB41F7-2549-00000459C7023315_tmp.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back