RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a general lack of proper consistent management around the club and financial problems especially for the 'money hungry' players that are there for that purpose can ruin most local clubs. Players leaving in masses is always a bad sign, most likely showing the inside nature of the club itself. Its similar to Parkside in the WRFL dropping a division and regaining most players when the money came back, in a bad position Glen Orden not playing in Div 2 WRFL due to mismanagement and non loyal money hungry players.
Fingers crossed they turn it around, its never good especially a finals side for it to happen to.

Went and watched the first 3 quarters of Rupertswood v Hillside today. Bloody hot out there with limited shade. Pretty good crowd in front of the rooms with most supporters of Rupo in club polos. Good vibe around there and there supporters showing great hospitality. Didn't get on the cans today, but tried a burger and not as good as the Diggers burgers.

Anyway onto the game. Hillside kicked the first point of the game and then it was all Rupo slamming on the first 4-5 goals. Hillside hit back in the second however when I left at 3/4 time I reckon Rupo were up by around 5-6 goals. I'm told the end result was Rupo by 2 points. Not sure of final result though as scoreboard wasn't working.
Rupo looked very fit and well balanced side. Bit to quick for Hillside I thought. No13 for Rupo is a gun. Not sure who he is but has Tatts on 1 arm and mid size with a strong build. Played half forward.
No7 was good as was a classy forward in No4. No40 West pretty good in the ruck hit outs but it was probably even throughout the day. Ball was moving very fast by both sides. No1 Putt didn't do a lot but was serviceable. They didn't go to him much and he was much taller than his opponent, but Rupo had plenty of quick hit up forwards. They should be in for a good season based on what I seen today..

Cheers

Went and watched the first 3 quarters of Rupertswood v Hillside today. Bloody hot out there with limited shade. Pretty good crowd in front of the rooms with most supporters of Rupo in club polos. Good vibe around there and there supporters showing great hospitality. Didn't get on the cans today, but tried a burger and not as good as the Diggers burgers.

Anyway onto the game. Hillside kicked the first point of the game and then it was all Rupo slamming on the first 4-5 goals. Hillside hit back in the second however when I left at 3/4 time I reckon Rupo were up by around 5-6 goals. I'm told the end result was Rupo by 2 points. Not sure of final result though as scoreboard wasn't working.
Rupo looked very fit and well balanced side. Bit to quick for Hillside I thought. No13 for Rupo is a gun. Not sure who he is but has Tatts on 1 arm and mid size with a strong build. Played half forward.
No7 was good as was a classy forward in No4. No40 West pretty good in the ruck hit outs but it was probably even throughout the day. Ball was moving very fast by both sides. No1 Putt didn't do a lot but was serviceable. They didn't go to him much and he was much taller than his opponent, but Rupo had plenty of quick hit up forwards. They should be in for a good season based on what I seen today..

I had a bit of a look at rupo last week turbs and was impressed, very quick skilful side, I thought 4 and 5 on their wings were impressive
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes mate very impressive side!! Great on dry grounds but will be interesting to see how they go when grounds get a bit wet. That Rupo ground was in good nick but not sure how it is once some rain comes. Must also add I don't much like hard cricket wickets in the middle of footy ovals.

Yes mate very impressive side!! Great on dry grounds but will be interesting to see how they go when grounds get a bit wet. That Rupo ground was in good nick but not sure how it is once some rain comes. Must also add I don't much like hard cricket wickets in the middle of footy ovals.
Has Rupo done anything about their parking around the ground? Once it rains the canteen and change rooms are virtually inaccessible! It's like wading through quicksand I buy my food and drinks before I get there so I don't have to leave my vehicle and I'm tipping others do the same ?

Has Rupo done anything about their parking around the ground? Once it rains the canteen and change rooms are virtually inaccessible! It's like wading through quicksand I buy my food and drinks before I get there so I don't have to leave my vehicle and I'm tipping others do the same ?

First time I've been there to watch footy but yes I could see that being a problem in winter rain.

First time I've been there to watch footy but yes I could see that being a problem in winter rain.
Absolute disgrace once a hint of weather hits, both inside and outside the playing field.

No idea what the arrangement with the private school is, but if the club pay rent to either school or shire then someone needs rooting for not re-investing in some bitumen or concrete or drainage or shelter to upgrade facilities to a year 2017 standard.

And if it's the clubs responsibility then good on them for creating a genuine home venue advantage coz from the moment you hop outa the car into a puddle you're like "f**k this joint" ha ha.

Any other practice game reports? Broadford went to Merida earlier today, any Kangaroochies or whatever you call them go down for a look?

Absolute disgrace once a hint of weather hits, both inside and outside the playing field.

No idea what the arrangement with the private school is, but if the club pay rent to either school or shire then someone needs rooting for not re-investing in some bitumen or concrete or drainage or shelter to upgrade facilities to a year 2017 standard.

And if it's the clubs responsibility then good on them for creating a genuine home venue advantage coz from the moment you hop outa the car into a puddle you're like "f**k this joint" ha ha.

Any other practice game reports? Broadford went to Merida earlier today, any Kangaroochies or whatever you call them go down for a look?
I can assure you it's not the clubs fault. We had the money and resources to fix this years ago but were blocked by the school who also choose not too fix it themselves.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

I can assure you it's not the clubs fault. We had the money and resources to fix this years ago but were blocked by the school who also choose not too fix it themselves.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

Bloody Private schools :thumbsdown::mad:

I think Romsey beat Colbinabbin, not sure by how much. Very good hit out for both sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under 2 weeks from round one!
There has been some well known names find new homes for the season!

Matt dick now at Macedon!
Putt to rupo
Farmer, lobby and there's a rumour I've heard that petroro will join them at sunbury!
Saw in the clearances that Darren Goodwin (Bowen medal winner) from Macedon is off to Romsey along with jaidyn caruana (ex Northan blue)
Toman back to woodend (from VFL)

Big Year ahead!

How is Broadford travelling saw a few Facebook posts seeking for players and volunteers? Are they in any danger of not getting up in 2017? Nothing worse than hearing about clubs go through these situations

Under 2 weeks from round one!
There has been some well known names find new homes for the season!

Matt dick now at Macedon!
Putt to rupo
Farmer, lobby and there's a rumour I've heard that petroro will join them at sunbury!
Saw in the clearances that Darren Goodwin (Bowen medal winner) from Macedon is off to Romsey along with jaidyn caruana (ex Northan blue)
Toman back to woodend (from VFL)

Big Year ahead!

Another Bowen Medalist may be joining the Redbacks shortly. No names given until it is on the clearance page?

So does that mean we would only have to pay $3-$4 to get in for one game of footy :p
If you can't field an 18's nor reserves side surely it's pointless fielding a seniors side, will be massive problems here with depth I would imagine.

League needs to sort this out quick smart as with no Broadford games that weekend Rupo won't start til Anzac day on the 25th April?

If you can't field an 18's nor reserves side surely it's pointless fielding a seniors side, will be massive problems here with depth I would imagine.

League needs to sort this out quick smart as with no Broadford games that weekend Rupo won't start til Anzac day on the 25th April?

A club struggling to stay afloat and your main concern is how its an inconvenience for Rupo having a late start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back