Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the Benalla-Echuca game. Both sides played good in patches. Echuca are a big bodied, strong team but just didn't link up as well as the Saints. Bombers smashed Saints in the centre clearances but forwards let them down. I see there big fwd from last year walking around in a moon boot (not sure of his name) but would of made a difference. Echuca have the talent, just need to gel as a team. They will cause headaches for teams when the do.

Watched the Benalla-Echuca game. Both sides played good in patches. Echuca are a big bodied, strong team but just didn't link up as well as the Saints. Bombers smashed Saints in the centre clearances but forwards let them down. I see there big fwd from last year walking around in a moon boot (not sure of his name) but would of made a difference. Echuca have the talent, just need to gel as a team. They will cause headaches for teams when the do.

Florence

That's him. They missed him.
Benalla lost Wolfe early and then Webster, although he finished the game. Impressed with the run of the Saints but injuries will hurt them. Not a lot of depth and all ready starting to build on the injured list. Not sure where they might finish, but Bannister makes things interesting. Nice balanced kicking style. 9 Straight!

That's him. They missed him.
Benalla lost Wolfe early and then Webster, although he finished the game. Impressed with the run of the Saints but injuries will hurt them. Not a lot of depth and all ready starting to build on the injured list. Not sure where they might finish, but Bannister makes things interesting. Nice balanced kicking style. 9 Straight!

Yeah freak I look forward to seeing him play. Full respect to Morgan and your boys, but jeepers you have lost some quality from last year. (and the year before) That said, your 3rd 18 have been powerful for a couple of years so it will be interesting how your young blokes develop.

I don't think you will play finals this year but I expect the Saints to bounce back in the next couple of years. Good luck anyway mate.

Seymour looking pretty Slick. Mansfield fall away down forward. Saad with 3, Rory Scopel with 3, about half way through the third, lions up by 40. Jase Cole and Meredith have it on a string.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did you head over to the game? Seymour look a force to be reckoned with? Who do you support/follow in the GV? Just out of curiosity.

Yeah was at the game mate. Seymour have an unreal core group and have some young players starting to come too and show a bit.
I follow Seymour and Euroa a bit.
Seymour could be top 4 I think possibly better if it all comes together. I watched United vs Rochy yesterday. Stroobants is a bit of a barometer for the Tiges. Kicked 6 the Dees didn't have a match up for him. Rochy will be dangerous on tbeir day. United are obviously re developing but I wasn't overly impressed with Lowden. Tap work was impressive but struggles to take marks around the ground and provide drive that way. They don't have a decent forward either. Can see United Swans Cats and Mansfield have real tight battles through the year while trying to avoid the Spoon.

Seymour..great club and culture. Certainly benefit from being the biggest one club town in the competition and closeness to the city .However, generally always in the mix. Could well be Kyabram's biggest challenger.

Seymours size and location it does seem strange that they are a one club town but I guess the town does feed a number of "district" clubs...would that be right?

Seymours size and location it does seem strange that they are a one club town but I guess the town does feed a number of "district" clubs...would that be right?
Generally had a good relationship with Broadford and Avenal since joining the GV. In the old days there wasn't much love lost between them.

Seymour..great club and culture. Certainly benefit from being the biggest one club town in the competition and closeness to the city .However, generally always in the mix. Could well be Kyabram's biggest challenger.
Whenever the Ky lads and supporters go into the rooms after the game they always make us feel welcome despite not knowing us through the distance of our towns. Sometimes we are welcomed a bit too much and have trouble leaving!

Seems Seymour are the early bolter as Ky's biggest challenger at the moment, next week against Tat will be interesting as will Shepp vs Euroa.
Rochy vs Ky another good guage for where the Tiges are at..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever the Ky lads and supporters go into the rooms after the game they always make us feel welcome despite not knowing us through the distance of our towns. Sometimes we are welcomed a bit too much and have trouble leaving!
Yep have some ripping blokes down there associated with the club....Benders, Davey's O'Sullivan's etc

Just wondered what happened to Kallyun Sanders in the Mooroopna game? Injuries posted on their Facebook page sound very serious. Hope he's ok soon

Just wondered what happened to Kallyun Sanders in the Mooroopna game? Injuries posted on their Facebook page sound very serious. Hope he's ok soon
Didn't hear about him but concerns about Boyer with a knee and the Full Forward Grenville did the ankle the week before. They deserve a few wins this year but may not get them if they cop a few long term injuries.

Didn't hear about him but concerns about Boyer with a knee and the Full Forward Grenville did the ankle the week before. They deserve a few wins this year but may not get them if they cop a few long term injuries.
Sanders has a few broken ribs and lung damage, Boyer has done his ACL full reco required!

Looking like another big week for bannister this week. I'll say a nice even dozen for him against the swans

Euroa by 8
Mansfield by 23
Benalla by 110
Seymour by 28
Echuca by 35
Kyabram by 29

I think we will find the way the swans will structure up and play this year sides wont be able to blow them out of the water with 100 point + wins, maybe Ky if anyone, but speaking to blokes from Ky and Euroa who they have played say as average as they are they coaches are aware and have them structually setup to not be on the end of a real spanking.
I could be wrong, just a thought from me
Nice tips otherwise!

I think we will find the way the swans will structure up and play this year sides wont be able to blow them out of the water with 100 point + wins, maybe Ky if anyone, but speaking to blokes from Ky and Euroa who they have played say as average as they are they coaches are aware and have them structually setup to not be on the end of a real spanking.
I could be wrong, just a thought from me
Nice tips otherwise!

Fair point GVears. And comparing Benalla to Kyabram (or even Euroa) is like comparing apples and oranges. Still not convinced Benalla will make finals. I think Bannister is currently providing the 'fizz' to a side that on paper is not close to as good as last year's team.

Looking like another big week for bannister this week. I'll say a nice even dozen for him against the swans

Give me a spell mate. He has kicked goals against Mooroopna and Echuca (no wins) and will against the Swans (no wins) ... So he can play a tad ...

Start spruiking when he kicks a bag against Vick/J Morgan (Kyabram ), Gledhill (Rochy) or O'Keffe (Seymour).

In the first 3 rounds Benalla will have played: Swans, Mooroopna and Echuca, all 3 ordinary teams. Echuca will be there better out of the 3 but can't see them finishing above 7th. So once Benalla play some decent sides you will see them drop significantly so 100% agree with you silver. My second point of Benalla being an ordinary side is if Zachary Pallpratt can make tryouts the for the GV interleauge side, you know your lacking top end talent, wouldn't get a kick in a street fight that kid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back