Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to be proven wrong but bannister is genuine quality... talk him down if you like or appreciate the fact you have a quality forward playing in the league. I enjoy watching him play, I hope others do too this year

Papers are getting extremely excited about Euroa but they have beaten two very ordinary sides in Shepparton Swans and Echuca and only beat the swans by 10 goals which I would feel is a loss within itself

Why have a crack at Bannister boys you can only kick goals against the teams you play, or maybe he sits out the easy games and just plays the top few sides?

Papers are getting extremely excited about Euroa but they have beaten two very ordinary sides in Shepparton Swans and Echuca and only beat the swans by 10 goals which I would feel is a loss within itself

Why have a crack at Bannister boys you can only kick goals against the teams you play, or maybe he sits out the easy games and just plays the top few sides?
In silvers defence, im pretty sure he is implying yes he is a good player but don't judge someone on the weaker teams they play, Yes he doesn't chose to play the weaker sides but judge him when he comes up against a ( Morgan, Vick, Gledhill, Flaherty, Robertson, Okeefe ) that's what will seperate the boys from the men in terms of a quality forward to an average forward.

I agree euroa still have a lot to prove but calling a 10 goal win in wet muddy conditions a loss is a average call i reckon mate. Like i stated above i dont think swans will win more than 2 or 3 games but i also dont think sides will pump them by 20 goals each week especially mid year when its wet and s**t!

Happy to be proven wrong but bannister is genuine quality... talk him down if you like or appreciate the fact you have a quality forward playing in the league. I enjoy watching him play, I hope others do too this year

Dont think the boys are talking him down mate, just trying to say lets not get to carried away untill he has played on a decent backman and benalla have played at least a top 6 team..
Can you fill me in a bit on the blokes past? I know nothing about him.

Read my comments again carbs ... carefully ..

I think the specimen has subsequently re-articulated the premise of my post.

Best round of footy so far:
Benalla by 48 with Bannister stretching his goal kicking lead.
Good luck to the hard working volunteers at Mooroopna for your debut night game. Hopefully plenty of cash in your coffers, in what will be a good spectacle, with Echuca getting up by 22.
Shepp vs Euroa will tell a real story in a humdinger. Shepp may get away early but reckon the Pies will peg them back to win by 10 points.
Mansfield at home against United by 20.
Seymour in another nail biter at the kennel by 15.
In the Grand Final replay Rochy will kick straighter but to no avail and the margin will blow out to 38 late in the game.

Good luck to the hard working volunteers at Mooroopna for your debut night game. Hopefully plenty of cash in your coffers, in what will be a good spectacle, with Echuca getting up by 22.
Shepp vs Euroa will tell a real story in a humdinger. Shepp may get away early but reckon the Pies will peg them back to win by 10 points.
In the Grand Final replay Rochy will kick straighter but to no avail and the margin will blow out to 38 late in the game.

Who is this Bannister and where did he come from...obviously a quality player but I'd not heard of him until recent weeks

Agree on the initial five selections bootz.

Regarding the 6th game:

All the signs suggest a Rochester win:

It's at Moon Oval.

Rochy always play better in black shorts on Moon oval.
Newman in the two's. Reeves in the two's (Neither like Moon oval).

Beck hates Moon oval so much he went overseas ...Thomson only needed to go to to the KDFL to escape Moon oval.

Stroobants always kicks goals on the Moon oval...

Let's face it bootz you hate being the runner on Moon oval!!

Rochy by 15 points in a game that does not remotely equate to revenge for the GF loss.

It's all about Moon oval!!

Regarding the 6th game:

It's at Moon Oval.

Beck hates Moon oval so much he went overseas ...Thomson only needed to go to to the KDFL to escape Moon oval.

Rochy by 15 points in a game that does not remotely equate to revenge for the GF loss.

Oh Silver you had me in stitches. I remember pouring beers from behind the bar at The Moon oval for my grandmother Win Iddles and her new husband Wal Moon, so I'm not too scared of Moon Oval. Maybe you can run a coffee out for me.... look for number 4!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding the 6th game:

It's at Moon Oval.

How many did stroobants kick round 1 against the lions at Moon oval

He seemed to like them at moon oval back in that semi final in 2015... 8 rings a bell

But he certainly didn't like them on the big dance last year, were it matters too. Will be a good match Sunday and the best team win (hopefully Ky) but winning the game this early against a potential flag contender meens jack s**t let's be honest. If anything it will be a mental jump on them for next time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Regarding the 6th game:

It's at Moon Oval.

Just a note.

I am hoping people apart from bootz, ultra and ringo understand I was taking the piss with my earlier post about Moon oval ...

That said, I still think Rochy will win by 15 points.

Last edited:
But he certainly didn't like them on the big dance last year, were it matters too. Will be a good match Sunday and the best team win (hopefully Ky) but winning the game this early against a potential flag contender meens jack s**t let's be honest. If anything it will be a mental jump on them for next time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha yeah his form in big games doesn't read all that well. Rare to see any forward completely dominant a final let alone a bloke who is 5'10.
My comment was a tongue and cheek response to ultra regarding Seymour(them).

Yes good get Ultra. Silver is going to be flat out Sunday being a good host as Ky puts on a Moonshadow. I prefer a skinny flat white Silver just after any break will do. A nice cold froffy after the game please.

Ha ha bootz. Unfortunately I will not be there on Sunday. Hopefully the GV website might be streaming that game live ...? I would be quite happy if Stroobants kicks more than Pettifer ...

Seymour Tat looks like it was a handy tustle Ultra. Saad with seven or so and the Lions 9 goals to two in the 2nd half. Did you happen to see the game mate?

I went to the game Sliver. Tatura played well in the first half and being close to 5 goals in front but Seymour had the legs and just run over the top of my bulldogs. Tatura has got a few out injured however Seymour had all player including VFL player but that is not a excuse. I am not too sure if the bulldogs panicked in the 3rd Qtr or were fitness a concern. Went in the Bulldogs and they were gutted.

It was a pretty good game in the end.

I have notice with Saad Saad, Most of hes goal was where the Tatura player was in front of him and he runs back towards the goal square. Saad Saad did kick a goal of season contender as woobly wormburner from the boundary line near the old clubrooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back