Bluemour Discussion Thread VII (cont. in pt VIII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having had a look at who's out of contract to see who happydude could be talking about, the only players I could find who are recognisable names, out of contract, and haven't nominated someone else are the following:
- Billy Hartung
- Jonathan O'Rourke
- Taylor Duryea

To be fair, I think that he said they had a contract in front of them, not that they were out of contract. I would think that quite a few of the "Big Names" that are out of contract next year would fit that criteria.

Can we please delete the Byrne rumour from the Bluemour thread.

Absoulte tripe.

He just signed a 2 year deal in June. We have stuck by him through his injuries. And in the next year or two his best mate is probably going to be named captain of the Carlton Football Club.

Casey is going nowhere.. Required player.
Best post all night.

Got 12% left on the phone.

Going Sabbath, Heaven & Hell (Neon knights always gets 2 runs).

Drinking Carlton Dry lolly water.

It's dark, and wearing a full track suite.

....and I'm doing this BF rumour stuff.

Challenge accepted.
My favourite Sabbath album. Thrashed it on the drive to and from Melbourne for the 1982 GF. Glory days.

If anything, perhaps Happy regrets that he came on this board to post at all, which could be why we haven't seen him since. I agree that he's not an irrational poster like the vast majority so it carries a bit of weight. By the same token he may regret giving away the relationship element. Who knows? Certainly surprised that people are getting up him. Settle.

As I said a couple of days ago, if we're making a significant play, I still think it's going to be for GCS players, but wouldn't rule out GWS, Freo or Bris. What you're looking for is disgruntled players at unstable clubs and they're the ones that add up - esp GC, GWS and Freo. Fagan has done a great job up north but at the very least, Schache must be gettable.

I understand that we have a degree of instability at the moment, but I feel that bolts and sos would put minds at ease quite easily.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#AFLmour combined with their educated guess.

Essendon to complete trades for all 3.

Stringer to Dons, Francis to Crows, Cameron compo (Rockliff compo) to Dogs (thats the rumor)

2018 second and 2017 round pick swaps for Smith

2017 second for Saad.

Stringer to Dons, Francis to Crows, Cameron compo (Rockliff compo) to Dogs

2017 second for Saad.

#DodoroTrades

I don't want to sound arrogant or anything either, but everyone going on about Dodo trades .... yes, he's had a poor history, but they've explicitly stated they are going to be more actively involved this trade period. Therefore, it's not going to be the same stubborn Dodo. He's clearly going to adjust to the requirements. On top of that, I expect the players who have nominated Ess have been provided some kind of demonstration of how the trade will get done.

Perhaps I'll have egg on my face, but I find it highly unlikely that Smith or Stringer won't get there as a consequence of Dodo being unreasonable.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stringer to Dons, Francis to Crows, Cameron compo (Rockliff compo) to Dogs (thats the rumor)

2017 second for Saad.

If *FC hold pick 11 and say, pick 18 from Brisbane, why would WB ever settle for the worse pick? It would be like the Yarran trade, if Richmond had actually blinked.

But he didn't tell us anything so there was no point posting
But yet you post?

There are pages of rubbish and complete fabrication of "potential" trade scenario's on this forum. Why take a pot at any poster for saying anything. I wish I had some inside info to share but the best I got is a few photo's and a crap training report from the Gold Coast pre Season training camp for the last two years. (while it lasts) (please come back this year).
HD created some interest and if SOS lands a "big name" this year HD will claim it in his post rumour come reality post thready thing. I'm just happy to read some s**t about Carlton and as long as we land Kennedy and keep Gibbs. Pretty OK!

Pretty sure I'm trustworthy and reliable.
You say that now but that one time I needed to get to the Christmas pageant after the big (snow) dump you were 'too busy' to help get my car out.

Your words ring hollow. Very hollow, indeed.

What an embarrassing footy club.
If a player left us after only 3 years on the list and we wanted to keep him I imagine that we would get shitty as well, because he can play and is only chasing $$$$$$ I hope the DEES miss out on him or get taken to the cleaners by ADE (goes without saying of course) myself. Not that I love the crows but he is being a mercenary bugger!!!

Last edited:
I really don't think scenarios like this are in any way plausible. I'm sure our list manager has more important things to do than feign interest in players so other clubs have to pay more for them.
Would not work on ess*scum anyway because they (see:dodoro) always want to buy cheap - sell gigantic !!!:straining:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back