Lets Talk Indians

Remove this Banner Ad

Commiserations

They'll definitely be back there next season, AL Central will stink for a while, Tigers, Sox and Royals look like being 3 of the worst teams in baseball. Going to be interesting to see what happens with Bruce and Santana, probably too expensive to keep both.
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign either and go after a bigger name and promote younger guys like Allen and Diaz to more of a full time role. I'd probably sign Bruce over Carlos though and and try and move Brantley and Kip off in a deal while they still have some value left.

Hope you guys or the Nats take it out now, do like both squads and well * the yankees haha

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign either and go after a bigger name and promote younger guys like Allen and Diaz to more of a full time role. I'd probably sign Bruce over Carlos though and and try and move Brantley and Kip off in a deal while they still have some value left.

Hope you guys or the Nats take it out now, do like both squads and well **** the yankees haha
There aren't many big names after JD Martinez, I'm iffy with him due to his injury history and being pretty streaky, streaky like Bruce. Any long term deal for Martinez will hurt that club at the end. Santana isn't worth it imo.

Zimmer and Mejia will be key.

I don't know why but i don't mind the Yankees, don't like the Sox at all though, beating them was pretty sweet.

Horrible choke job, that is the bottom line. The Skankees had professional at bats throughout the series, especially the last 3 games. Meanwhile the Tribe hitters, most especially the "stars", looked like little leaguers running up there without a clue of how to approach an at-bat.

We got exactly what we deserved and this season is a complete disappointment. Period.

Time to get an outfielder in here and a third baseman. I would unload Kipnis if we can and Brantley should be let go--no reason to re-sign him at all. Need to shore up the bullpen again, like to see 2-3 new arms at the back end.

I'm still baffled by that. Salazar , Tomlin and Clevinger barely saw a hitter. Selecting Brantley when he was barely fit and then only playing him when EE didn't play, not selecting Yandy Diaz over Allen, Gio or Gonzalez, lack of changes in the order that was needed. Perez catching over Gomes who's been catching to Kluber all year is another one (makes a big difference).

Tito plays favorites...always has and always will. This year it burned him and us big time.

We lose Mickey Callaway to the Mets. Probably a bigger loss than what most players would be to us. Hopefully this doesn't hurt our pitching staff.

We lose Mickey Callaway to the Mets. Probably a bigger loss than what most players would be to us. Hopefully this doesn't hurt our pitching staff.
Do not like this. Great opportunity for Mickey though.

Very little I have watched as well, still have nightmares about last year and game 5 this year just feels like piles on.

NBA thankfully is back so now my attention is focused on that. Will check up on the WS but it's hard to watch now. It's not losing that hurts it's losing to tje Yankees that hurt.

We sign Carl Willis on as our new pitching coach. Good to have him back, i believe he was our pitching coach throughout the C.C , Lee , Westbrook and Fausto days. Did great work with Boston who were second in the AL in pitching over the last two seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This made me chuckle

a7e90860acf105714b428e6e4f840417.jpg

The same that happened to Kershaw and others? pressure? Heck even Adelaide.

Nope--that argument doesn't hold water, he was a one man staff in 2016 postseason.

Nope--that argument doesn't hold water, he was a one man staff in 2016 postseason.
Sure was and it still took until Game 7 of the World Series to wear him down. Should have a statue put up outside Progressive Field.

So we've lost Shaw , Smith and Santana this week and all we've done is sign Melvin Upton and Alexei Ogando to minor league deals. Hopefully we can hold onto Bruce but if not I'd like to see us go all in on Hosmer and try to lure him to Cleveland.

So we've lost Shaw , Smith and Santana this week and all we've done is sign Melvin Upton and Alexei Ogando to minor league deals. Hopefully we can hold onto Bruce but if not I'd like to see us go all in on Hosmer and try to lure him to Cleveland.
Don't think either happens, Hosmer not worth it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back