Draft Watcher Knightmare's 2017 Draft Almanac

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knight, have you done a fantasy write up for last years draftees yet since draft day? I’m particularly interested in the best options for a keepers league. Best immediate talent as well as prospects for 2-3 years. A quick top 20 would be awesome as well.

Knight, have you done a fantasy write up for last years draftees yet since draft day? I’m particularly interested in the best options for a keepers league. Best immediate talent as well as prospects for 2-3 years. A quick top 20 would be awesome as well.
You might consider scrolling literally three posts back.

After the JLT Series I will whip up some writeups for ESPN on some of those more likely to play.

I covered team by team: Most impactful draftee, Breakout contender and Rebound season.

With the way the draft went, my power rankings (taking out the talls) pretty much cover from a fantasy perspective where I see these guys ranking. Some lower rated types might score more but have lesser job security. So the balance is how I would have them at this stage until I see the players through AFLX and the JLT.

Reckon you should give a bit first Balony_pony16 before you start to take.....;)

Huh? I’ve commented heaps on knightmares threads over the years mate. I actually had a convo with knight before Xmas/afl draft about fantasy and he said he would do something in the new year. Guess I need Hedgefunds approval before following it back up? Geez

Huh? I’ve commented heaps on knightmares threads over the years mate. I actually had a convo with knight before Xmas/afl draft about fantasy and he said he would do something in the new year. Guess I need Hedgefunds approval before following it back up? Geez
Tip - if there’s a wink emoji involved, there’s a strong chance I’m pulling your leg.

Hi Knightmare, just interested to get your opinion on where Fremantle's young list is at? I feel that we've drafted well in the past few years and after two big list cleanouts and probably another big one coming at the end of 2018, the younger players are good enough to help us challenge in a couple of years.

On TA-1020 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi Knightmare, just interested to get your opinion on where Fremantle's young list is at? I feel that we've drafted well in the past few years and after two big list cleanouts and probably another big one coming at the end of 2018, the younger players are good enough to help us challenge in a couple of years.

On TA-1020 using BigFooty.com mobile app

A transition period.

Mid-career types are thin - modest which suggests Fremantle are some way off contending.

Some good veterans over 30 remain (which is a good condition for young player development) and some good young pieces have been drafted over the past couple of seasons with scope to development, but they'll take a few years before they do much towards helping with winning.

Overall Fremantle are early stages in the build cycle and I expect it will be a process to regenerate.

A few years around 11-15 is probable until a push for a top 8 position is my prediction.

Hands down Knightmare is da best!!!!!!!!

Thanks Peacan.

I may as well while I'm here announce that I'm back writing for ESPN again this year and will also make the time to start a 2018 draft Q+A thread once the season is up and going.

Hi Knightmare. I have been away overseas for a while and thought it would be worthwhile getting the low down as to your opinion of the draftees from last year and their development. I understand pre eason is worthless and they are yet to play a senior game, but who amongst them is likely to play round 1?
Who has surprised you in terms of development and performance thus far?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Knightmare. I have been away overseas for a while and thought it would be worthwhile getting the low down as to your opinion of the draftees from last year and their development. I understand pre eason is worthless and they are yet to play a senior game, but who amongst them is likely to play round 1?
Who has surprised you in terms of development and performance thus far?

I cover the draftees for each club here:
http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/22717282/afl-jlt-series-christoper-doerre-draftee-wrap

My surprises were:
Lachlan Murphy (Adelaide) has surprised me up forward in JLT1.
Bailey Banfield while I liked him has been more impressive than expected adapting to playing forward.
Dom Barry's JLT1 was much better than I predicted. I didn't think he would find that much of the footy.

Round 1 starters?
The top 4 picks should all start - Rayner/Brayshaw/Dow/LDU.
Tim Kelly, Nick Holman, Bayley Fritsch, Liam Ryan and Bailey Banfield are some I would tip to play round 1. Then you've got various others who are in the mix and may be selected, but these are the ones for now I'd be looking at as likely regular choices at the selection table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back