Season 2018 comings and goings ...............

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m starting to understand, player managers piss in pockets, coaches tell the truth. Whether is was right or wrong Marty Pask was an abject failure of the Balwyn Football Club and the biggest surprise was he wasn’t sacked 6 months ago .

Yes he was! the leadership group didn't like him at all, and the only reason he didn't get the sack 6 months ago when a group players went to the power brokers with ultimatum us or him! Was the fact they didn't have a coach to replace him.

Lodo, what was it that made him so disliked?
Keep hearing this but haven't why.

Bobby, it wasn't just one thing there were numinous things, And lets face it Daniel Donati was hard act to follow he was well liked and very respected within the three groups, seconds, seniors and management unfortunately something Marty didn't emulate, I don't really want to name specific things.

So Cliff what is happening at East Burwood,looking at the clubs web site perhaps a couple of junior sides missing in 2 grades which must be a concern in the future when looking at U19's .But from what I can remember perhaps numbers on the improve.

Not sure about the juniors at this stage GMac. Seniors seem to have got about half a team of players from Knox. U19's going OK.
BS beat EB yesterday. We only scored 99 but dismissed them for 76.

GMac, whats going on with you. You put up a post earlier in the day telling everyone that Pask is now an assistant coach at Vermont. Now it's gone. Why?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/localfooty/efl
Smart move by Vermont. Tactical insight into Balwyn players and access to AFL players moving on next year.
Vermont must have somehow convinced Pask that he didn't need to spend all his time on running his business

Last edited:
Marty Pask to Vermont: Yes he will give a good avenue to requirement of retiring AFL players I think his brief involvement with Balwyn showed that, But after reading the Hearld Sun article about Martys role in development and working with the future players in the 19s, I think I would like to see how that unfolds over time, because at Balwyn he showed no attribute is this role at all, only focusing on the players he brought to the club and certain players with football royalty lineage, and mates of the power brokers that be. Maybe away from that sort of culture, he may be a great asset! As far as giving tactical insight in to the Balwyn football club he might, but I doubt it.

$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yep . Plenty of it but good thing and probably scary thing about them is they have always been a strong junior club . Last few years had a great mix of juniors and good recruiting. Won’t be suprised if they are 1st div next year or the year after

Gorringe to Park Orchards. A club on the rise.

Important to remember reading the EFL news with Daniel Gorringe.He has gone to Park Orchards as a player/mentor capacity helping out the young sides young talls as well as potentially pulling on the boots.Question I ask is signing a contract at Balwyn the biggest issue in playing or not.I to reckon Park Orchards look a definate 1st division or premier club in the not to distant future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Important to remember reading the EFL news with Daniel Gorringe.He has gone to Park Orchards as a player/mentor capacity helping out the young sides young talls as well as potentially pulling on the boots.Question I ask is signing a contract at Balwyn the biggest issue in playing or not.I to reckon Park Orchards look a definate 1st division or premier club in the not to distant future.
GMac, I just felt like recording this for posterity!

GMac, I just felt like recording this for posterity!
D4 will be a difficult season for all clubs seeing at the end of season 2018 all sides will be relegated except the 2 teams that play in the grand final.Personally I just would like my side winning a few a games and if that means playing D4(2019 season) I like as beats losing most games in the current D1 but still remaining in that grade and perhaps the reason for going 5 grades.PS EFL season 2019 will be 5 divisions not 4 divisions.The divisions will be premier,D1.D2,D3 and D4 replacing the current structure of D1,D2,D3 and D4.

D4 will be a difficult season for all clubs seeing at the end of season 2018 all sides will be relegated except the 2 teams that play in the grand final.Personally I just would like my side winning a few a games and if that means playing D4(2019 season) I like as beats losing most games in the current D1 but still remaining in that grade and perhaps the reason for going 5 grades.
Mitcham is in Division 2. I can't see how it would drop to Div 4 for 2019, unless you have a secret favourite team in another Division.
Just in case you change your mind about this post I will also record it for posterity.

Question I ask is signing a contract at Balwyn the biggest issue in playing or not.I to reckon Park Orchards look a definate 1st division or premier club in the not to distant future.

I don't think the Balwyn situation will stop him playing at Park Orchards, not convinced that they believe it is the end of the world he will not be wearing yellow & black in 2018.

I don't think the Balwyn situation will stop him playing at Park Orchards, not convinced that they believe it is the end of the world he will not be wearing yellow & black in 2018.
Would it involve a sum being paid to Balwyn to cover expenses? (Note: not a mention of a sign on fee)

Mitcham is in Division 2. I can't see how it would drop to Div 4 for 2019, unless you have a secret favourite team in another Division.
Just in case you change your mind about this post I will also record it for posterity.

So lets go what I think it should be we just go D1.D2,D3,D4 and D5.Absolute crap calling the the top grade premier division.Lets go what I think it should be,Mitcham finish bottom 2 we go into the 3rd grade,EB do not make the grand final they will play in the 5th grade.

No such thing as sign on fees Cliff per the enforcing AFL Victoria Player Salary Cap Policy, and not sure that much expense will have been incurred to this point.

More expressing where the strong preference of retention belongs between the recently departed.

So lets go what I think it should be we just go D1.D2,D3,D4 and D5.Absolute crap calling the the top grade premier division.Lets go what I think it should be,Mitcham finish bottom 2 we go into the 3rd grade,EB do not make the grand final they will play in the 5th grade.
Does this mean your favourite team isn't Mitcham or East Burwood?

No such thing as sign on fees Cliff per the enforcing AFL Victoria Player Salary Cap Policy, and not sure that much expense will have been incurred to this point.

More expressing where the strong preference of retention belongs between the recently departed.
Of course Bob, I thought I explicitly avoided anyone making that connection. Just wondering if he may have received renumeration for services devoted to Balwyn before his departure.

If Gorringe goes to Park Orchards as a mentor and can not play because he has signed a contract at Balwyn does his match payments even though he is not playing at Balwyn included in the the salary cap for Balwyn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back