Prediction - Who will get the most free kicks in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chad Wingard and Robbie Gray would probably poll quite high if they didn't suffer so much whiplash from throwing their heads back so hard. So I'm going to stick with The Selwoods and Danger to comfortably win this category, it's good for the game. Hoping Shuey has another solid effort like last year's finals series, that was amazing.

What a dilemma for the umps this season, Duckwood,DangerFlog or the bald former GCS player mmmm

I will stick to the proven cheat to take it out once more.

1st. Duckwood
2nd. Ablett
3rd. DangerFlog.
4th. The rest of the players in the AFL, combined.
Wow, you’re back. Did Geelong lose a game or something..? :oops:

The combination of Selwood, Dangerfraud and Ablett are set to break records this year.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

And this is just round 1 against us :(
Maybe if your players had gone to their preseason camp and learned how to tackle properly and built some upper body strength over preseason, then tackles would stick and we won't have to read bitching about all the sloppy free kicks your team will give away.

Maybe if your players had gone to their preseason camp and learned how to tackle properly and built some upper body strength over preseason, then tackles would stick and we won't have to read bitching about all the sloppy free kicks your team will give away.
Players dont so much tackle Selwood it's more that he tackles them with his neck.
aaf99feb818cd706a58d193021bd82b7.jpg
He is also the master of the arm shrug and a known haemophiliac, lock up your kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players dont so much tackle Selwood it's more that he tackles them with his neck.
View attachment 470717
He is also the master of the arm shrug and a known haemophiliac, lock up your kids.
Its funny the best players in the league say you pin the arms and tackle around the waist or chest...
*looks at photo*
Well, yup, your photo sure proves me wrong. Instead of tackling correctly he has an arm around the neck. Good call.

Next time when you try to make a point, provide some good evidence. You know, maybe of him not being grabbed around the neck. Which no matter how you twist it, is a free kick.

Maybe try watching the video I linked earlier, of the dodgy FKs Richmond got for some inspiration :D:D

View attachment 470717
Disgusting, filthy cheating campaigner it is, players tackle it legally and then it does its knee drop - shrug thing and somehow it gets a free, complete farce, such behavior should be stamped out of our great game.

Its funny the best players in the league say you pin the arms and tackle around the waist or chest...
*looks at photo*
Well, yup, your photo sure proves me wrong. Instead of tackling correctly he has an arm around the neck. Good call.

Next time when you try to make a point, provide some good evidence. You know, maybe of him not being grabbed around the neck. Which no matter how you twist it, is a free kick.

Maybe try watching the video I linked earlier, of the dodgy FKs Richmond got for some inspiration :D:D
Nah seen that video it's a joke surely, half arent even free kicks just wishful thinking, its totally meaningless without showing all frees given and missed during the game but hey if Adelaide thinks it was free kicks that cost them the game then I expect them to fail this year as well.

As for tackling the duck brothers you should learn the rules if he shrugs the tacklers arm to cause a high tackle its play on, if you duck or project your neck to create a high tackle it's play on wether the arm ends up around the neck or not.

AFL introduces new rule against ducking
"The onus is on the tackler to tackle the player with the ball legally. What we have begun to see in the game is the player with the ball driving his head toward a tackler or leaning into a tackler in order to receive a free-kick," Evans said.

"The change of interpretation that will be immediately enacted from this weekend of matches ... requires the player with the ball to not contribute to high contact by driving or leading with his head into a tackling player." aaf99feb818cd706a58d193021bd82b7.jpg
f7c5190c51ba2978b0129bac850f25cb.jpg

Both classic examples of a player forcing the head high tackle both are play on.

Last edited:
Shrugged the shoulders, no ducking motion.

Free. Kick. Every. Day.

Maybe those players could spend time learning a better tackling technique. Other teams don't give away free kicks tackling Joel, maybe its just a Hawthorn thing?
Shrugging the shoulders means its play on, its not 2011.
"Under the new tightened interpretation, if a tackle is reasonable and the ball carrier is responsible for the high contact via a "shrug, drop, arm lift or duck, play on should be called".
The rules were changed to stop perrenial cheats like Selwood earning cheap frees.

Nah seen that video it's a joke surely, half arent even free kicks just wishful thinking, its totally meaningless without showing all frees given and missed during the game but hey if Adelaide thinks it was free kicks that cost them the game then I expect them to fail this year as well.

As for tackling the duck brothers you should learn the rules if he shrugs the tacklers arm to cause a high tackle its play on, if you duck or project your neck to create a high tackle it's play on wether the arm ends up around the neck or not.

AFL introduces new rule against ducking
"The onus is on the tackler to tackle the player with the ball legally. What we have begun to see in the game is the player with the ball driving his head toward a tackler or leaning into a tackler in order to receive a free-kick," Evans said.

"The change of interpretation that will be immediately enacted from this weekend of matches ... requires the player with the ball to not contribute to high contact by driving or leading with his head into a tackling player."View attachment 470844
View attachment 470849

Both classic examples of a player forcing the head high tackle both are play on.
That was with Evans as the GM of Football. Now that we've placed Hocking in there, expect Selwood to get more frees than ever. All fairly earned of course. :)

Shrugging the shoulders means its play on, its not 2011.
"Under the new tightened interpretation, if a tackle is reasonable and the ball carrier is responsible for the high contact via a "shrug, drop, arm lift or duck, play on should be called".
The rules were changed to stop perrenial cheats like Selwood earning cheap frees.

Cool, they brought that in last year, and note the bold because shitty high tackles lead to Joel getting free kicks. The tackles aren't reasonable, they are garbage, and thats why they are free kicks.

But thanks for helping my argument again :D

Cool, they brought that in last year, and note the bold because shitty high tackles lead to Joel getting free kicks. The tackles aren't reasonable, they are garbage, and thats why they are free kicks.

But thanks for helping my argument again :D
For every other player in the comp being tackled it would be a legal tackle, except for that piss weak cheating campaigner Selwood.

Hawks supporters will get first hand experience at shrugging when they try to explain why their youth aren't coming through this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back