Vale LIDGE

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure whose still on Big Footy from 2007, but I read these posts every 6 months or so, shed a tear, have a laugh. please keep this page up on Big Footy, We will win the flag again and I'll be heading to Shane's resting place/s for a beer. Resting place 1. = Arden St / Resting place 2 = Yarrawonga.
Go North ! and keep up the fight.
Lidge Jnr

I'm not sure whose still on Big Footy from 2007, but I read these posts every 6 months or so, shed a tear, have a laugh. please keep this page up on Big Footy, We will win the flag again and I'll be heading to Shane's resting place/s for a beer. Resting place 1. = Arden St / Resting place 2 = Yarrawonga.
Go North ! and keep up the fight.
Lidge Jnr
Good to hear (read) from you Sticks.

Those of us who've been around on BF for a while will never forget Shane's fantastic work keeping North south. He's greatly missed.

Looking forward to having a beer or 10,000 at Arden St when we win number five (and six, seven ...)
Bumped into my Roosistence gig poster last weekend ..... still needs framing ..... one day
Do it.

I framed one of mine and hung it in the obscure off-the-laundry toilet (i.e. the dad dunny) so I can sit there thinking about how we figuratively took a dump on Demetriou and co during the whole Gold Coast saga, whilst taking a literal dump.

Pro tip: get an A1 frame with an A2 opening. Dare I say, it looks the sh*t.

It sobers me up from my own petty day to day bullshit when I come across this thread and remember that the bloke was only around 40 years old. I can still remember mercilessly torching Hawthorn flogs in the Bay with him the evening before this tragedy struck. I never met Lidge, but I know he was a top shelf s**t stirrer, and as staunchly North as they came.

I hope his missus & nippers have progressed as well as can be expected over the intervening period.

I hope his missus & nippers have progressed as well as can be expected over the intervening period.

They’re almost adults now and knowing Lidge has missed so many years of their development saddens me every time I see Mrs Lidge post pics of the kids.

Last edited:
Mrs Danj caught up with the great man’s brother at a function a week or so ago, she arrived home at 4am, a few stories, a few beers, a few tears, life goes on but there’s always room for remembering our fallen comrades.

Septentriones usque in finem ✊
we were both in fine form, long night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back