Cripps Bontempelli Merrett Kelly - the next big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do. I'd take Oliver over Merrett any day.
So would I.

Granted Merrett's form is noticeably down this year - so I may be dead wrong about this - but I find it difficult to picture him returning to 2017 form, and if he did then for some reason I think that is about his ceiling. He just doesn't seem an especially damaging "break the game open" sort of player.

Ironically - on a needs basis Essendon is the team that is screaming out for Patrick Cripps or even an Oliver type. Though either on their own wouldn't be enough. They really need more than one big body elite extractor in repairing that midfield and I don't see how it is doable via trade - and going to the draft won't solve the problem overnight.

Except it’s not. The OP was asked about Parish and his reasoning for him not bring included was not being at the same level. Nothing about his draft year.
How the OP intended the thread and how it's evolved over 200+ pages, are completely different things.
Feel free to try and include other players that you feel are worthy, but don't get annoyed when people either ignore it or shoot it down for various reasons.
There are 4 players mentioned in the thread title and those four players are heavily discussed in probably 90% or more of the posts. You're swimming upstream to try and change that now.

So would I.

Granted Merrett's form is noticeably down this year - so I may be dead wrong about this - but I find it difficult to picture him returning to 2017 form, and if he did then for some reason I think that is about his ceiling. He just doesn't seem an especially damaging "break the game open" sort of player.

Ironically - on a needs basis Essendon is the team that is screaming out for Patrick Cripps or even an Oliver type. Though either on their own wouldn't be enough. They really need more than one big body elite extractor in repairing that midfield and I don't see how it is doable via trade - and going to the draft won't solve the problem overnight.
If his 2017/2016 form is his ceiling, I'd happily take that if he could get back to it. Who do Essendon have that getting the ball out of the middle at the moment? Reckon Merrett could get back to that once they get an extractor. Isn't he also being played off half back most of the time? Stick him in the guts with a quality extractor and I'd love his 30 touches a game at Carlton.

How the OP intended the thread and how it's evolved over 200+ pages, are completely different things.
Feel free to try and include other players that you feel are worthy, but don't get annoyed when people either ignore it or shoot it down for various reasons.
There are 4 players mentioned in the thread title and those four players are heavily discussed in probably 90% or more of the posts. You're swimming upstream to try and change that now.
The posts I’ve mostly disputed are those misrepresenting the OP, which despite how the thread has evolved, is what any thread is about. It’s the principle :rainbow:

If his 2017/2016 form is his ceiling, I'd happily take that if he could get back to it. Who do Essendon have that getting the ball out of the middle at the moment? Reckon Merrett could get back to that once they get an extractor. Isn't he also being played off half back most of the time? Stick him in the guts with a quality extractor and I'd love his 30 touches a game at Carlton.
Merrett would fit in well at Carlton - mostly because you have a quality extractor in place.

Essendon don't have much going on in the middle at all ATM - I think they could actually benefit from 2 big bodies. Actually I'm not really certain what is going on with Essendon currently or how it is fixed. Their list is really unbalanced.

Merrett would fit in well at Carlton - mostly because you have a quality extractor in place.

Essendon don't have much going on in the middle at all ATM - I think they could actually benefit from 2 big bodies. Actually I'm not really certain what is going on with Essendon currently or how it is fixed. Their list is really unbalanced.

They should trade Paddy McCartin in. There's their 2 big bodies covered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thread title asks if these players are 'the next big four?' so by your own logic we should be discussing any player who might fit into that category.

The thread title asks if these players are 'the next big four?' so by your own logic we should be discussing any player who might fit into that category.
Cool. Go for it. I couldn't care less how the thread evolves. I'll respond to and discuss any post that piques my interest. Can't speak for the others though.

Fine, we'll allow you to participate. Happy?
I'll participate whether you like it or not.

I'm sorry Cripps is the only positive thing you have to talk about re: football :$, but well done on nailing your first pick in the 2013 draft, that's fantastic!

GO CRIPPS!

Surprised this thread is still open, its 200 plus pages of a dick measuring contest between biased fans with the odd input from fans outside these teams. And saying the same thing over and over on repeat. Like who gives a damn who is "better"? They are all good in their own way, just watch and enjoy them play.

Surprised this thread is still open, its 200 plus pages of a dick measuring contest between biased fans with the odd input from fans outside these teams. And saying the same thing over and over on repeat. Like who gives a damn who is "better"? They are all good in their own way, just watch and enjoy them play.
And then every 20 or so pages, somebody makes a statement like this, that everyone agrees with, and we get back to the dick measuring.

And then every 20 or so pages, somebody makes a statement like this, that everyone agrees with, and we get back to the dick measuring.
Pretty much the whole thread has gone well off the topic of "Will they be the next big four?" and turned into "who do you think is a better player out of these four?"

I prefer the talk about it for a few pages, then wait a few years, then revisit the thread kind of approach. Not the repeat back and forth, biased fans opinions, getting heavily defensive for 200 plus pages approach.

If only I could filter the replies that excludes Bulldogs, Blues, GWS and Essendon fans, then we might get 10 pages of reasonable, unbiased debate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back