Bluemour Discussion Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the draft blues. Get Shiel next year as a FA and the Grundy and Wines the year after. Adding those 3 over the next few years for coin along with using our picks and smaller trades correctly make us a huge chance for in 2021. Its really not far away

Last edited:
Hit the draft blues. Get Shiel next year as a FA and the Grundy and Wines the year after. Adding those 3 over the next few years for coin along with using our picks and smaller trades correctly make us a huge chance for in 2021. Its really not far away
Classic BF list management.

We are very small odds of landing even one of those players.

I don't disagree, but this board varies between 'we'll get Gaff, Shiel, Wines, Lynch, Lynch, Wallis, Dahlhaus and Richards; I also hear Buddy's wanting out of Sydney, let's get him in too' and 'Carlton suck, just so so much. Why - WHY - would anyone willingly choose to come to play for us? The GWS discards don't count, they can't get on the park; SPS and Weitering have gone backwards, may as well have drafted anyone else'.

I don't see the point in calling out only the optimistic. Pessimism is not realism.

It does appear some posters do not understand what a destination club is and why we are not.

The Fiorini #Bluemour is interesting. Wouldn't mind packaging him and Kolo up somehow. They'd probably want a player in return though. A lot of conjecture about the Suns but I'd be wary to believe any of the hearsay until October rolls around. Very easy to draw lines and parallels, creating narratives that don't exist.

If the Wallis thing was corroborated by his dad, then that's something.

LOVE the Gaff confirmation, too - but surely they'll throw everything at him to stay at West Coast.

Somebody is going to have to tell me something about him.
Fiorini or Wallis?

Fiorini is an elite accumulator - mate of mine is a huge wrap for him and he knows his footy. Can play in a variety of roles but been a bit unlucky with injury. Good two-way runner who's best suited to the wing. Good sized midfielder at 186m and heaps of room to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder finishing positions aside ... Brisbane have a better win/loss record than us over the last 5 years. Actually, CFC has the WORST Win/Loss record of any club over the last 5 years.

Will be ropable is the Brions get a PP and we do not.
Actually looking forward to see how we go against Brisbane up there. If we can get some players back we might be able to snag a win.

Fiorini or Wallis?

Fiorini is an elite accumulator - mate of mine is a huge wrap for him and he knows his footy. Can play in a variety of roles but been a bit unlucky with injury. Good two-way runner who's best suited to the wing. Good sized midfielder at 186m and heaps of room to improve.

Out of contract this year too. Drafted around the same area as D.Cuningham in 2015

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/player-profile/brayden-fiorini

If the rumour has some legs (always rubbery at the best of times), being 20yo & having spent a couple of years already in the AFL system ticks some boxes, in his 6 senior games this season, he's averaged 21 touches which is nothing to sneeze at either.

Good size at 186kg & 83kg, is a midfielder also which ticks another box for us.

If he has the attributes that SOS & Co are looking for (ie. he passes their inhouse rating system) then let's hope they can arrange a suitable trade.

Maybe Byrne could be on the table, was it the Suns or Lions who were sniffing around him a year or so back ??

Brayden Fiorini wants to play for Carlton.

#Bluemour
I don't remember too much about him; for me at least, every time I watch the GC, I look and see yet another classy flanker/winger who looks composed and stylish, and wonder how exactly are they as utterly non-competitive as they are.

As far as that goes, he seems(?) like he'd be a good get, provided he's not just a flanker, more a genuine threat on the wing. If he's a Lamb forward flank replacement, I'm all for it; I don't have much time for Lamb really, and I don't think being capable of playing that Tom Bugg irritant role is really worth too much. If you're better than your opponent, you don't have to resort to that stuff to win.

Anyone got any highlights? Beyond just the predraft stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back