Coach John Longmire - Part II

What should we do about the coaching situation?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn’t you be if you enjoyed running, attacking and maybe even kicking goals?

well its crap to watch

seems media report a lot of bullshit so ill wait and see but sometimes it all looks a bit miserable

If it did happen that hanners and parker and then lloyd as well all wanted out, horse should be following them out the door, lost too many players

well its crap to watch

seems media report a lot of bullshit so ill wait and see but sometimes it all looks a bit miserable

If it did happen that hanners and parker and then lloyd as well all wanted out, horse should be following them out the door, lost too many players
He should be leading them...they can close the door behind him.

Nankervis, Mitchell, Robinson (though failed), XR (though failed),

Now maybe Lloyd, Hannebery and Parker ****** all rumours

fair few wanting to leave, but nothing to do with him.

Tim Membrey too.

I have no idea how implicated in wanting to leave Longmire and by extension the program he runs is, but we're in a precarious position atm. We need a huge offseason. Personnel wise and strategy wise.

Incidentally, through a mate of mine who has a link to Parker (make what you will of that, I probably wouldn't buy it myself if I read it on BF so whatever), said the Parker stuff is just rumours and he doesn't expect anything to happen.

Tim Membrey too.

I have no idea how implicated in wanting to leave Longmire and by extension the program he runs is, but we're in a precarious position atm. We need a huge offseason. Personnel wise and strategy wise.

Incidentally, through a mate of mine who has a link to Parker (make what you will of that, I probably wouldn't buy it myself if I read it on BF so whatever), said the Parker stuff is just rumours and he doesn't expect anything to happen.

agree

I think parker will be linked to essendon every year

Hannebery also seems to be more a well if you guys think i should go i would/if you want to go we will let you/ lets see what there

Nankervis, Mitchell, Robinson (though failed), XR (though failed),

Now maybe Lloyd, Hannebery and Parker ****** all rumours

fair few wanting to leave, but nothing to do with him.

Pretty standard I would have thought. Of the first 4, only Mitchell was established best 22. Fringe players move all the time.

Sydney people abandon ship very quickly. Just a fact.

Because less face it, you are spot on when you say "Sydney people abandon ship very quickly. Just a fact."
You pair are talking out your arses! You've just lumped 5.6 million people into your little box!

There's a quite a few of us on here who have followed the swans for the past 40 years. Hardly band-wagoners or ship-jumpers!

You pair are talking out your arses! You've just lumped 5.6 million people into your little box!

There's a quite a few of us on here who have followed the swans for the past 40 years. Hardly band-wagoners or ship-jumpers!

Yep easy trap to fall into I know I do it too, eg Collingwood supporters are all criminal idiots

ok well maybe some things are true..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised media hasn't as yet gone with:
"Shaw Heads Home - Assistant coach to head back to Melbourne to be closer to family as coaching/player group fallout runs rife at the swans" o_O

anyone else getting mail of serious player discontent? As in, worst it’s been in years?

All I'm getting mail of is serious fan discontent.

The last few pages of the draft and trade thread is nothing but hysterical over reaction to nothing, feeding back in to itself repeatedly to create some whacked out panic that every player wants to leave the club and it is all because of Longmire.

Based on what? Hannebery getting an offer that is too good to refuse (because it is for more years and more money than anyone should be giving him right now) from the Saints and deciding to take it, Rohan wanting a move home after a very challenging time off the field (not to mention the fact he has been passed by the likes of Ronke and Hayward and isn't best 22 anymore) and a story about Like Parker that just says another club would like him (not the first time for that, and it says nothing about Parker's desire to stay in Sydney).

Some people want Longmire gone so badly they are trying to manifest a player revolt to force it to happen.

Last edited:
All I'm getting mail of is serious fan discontent.

The last few pages of the draft and trade thread is nothing but hysterical over reaction to nothing, feeding back in to itself repeatedly to create some whacked out panic that every player wants to leave the club and it is all because of Longmire.

Based on what? Hannebery getting an offer that is too good to refuse (because it is for more years and more money than anyone should be giving him right now) from the Saints and deciding to take it, Rohan wanting a move home after a very challenging time off the field (not to mention the fact he has been passed by the likes of Ronke and Hayward and isn't best 22 anymore) and a story about Like Parker that just says another club would like him (not the first time for that, and it says nothing about Parker's desire to stay in Sydney).

Some people want Longmire gone so badly they are trying to manifest a player revolt to force it to happen.
What if it's true !

What if it's true !

If it is true then we have a serious problem.

But as there is no evidence that it is true. Hannebery and Rohan both made it clear that they have been very happy at the Swans, would also be happy to stay if a trade is not able to be worked out, but have personal reasons for desiring to move back to Victoria. Tome Harley has totally quashed the idea that Parker wants to be traded or that we would even consider it.

Do you have any evidence to provide beyond that? If not, then why are we talking about something that isn't happening?

If the club had any thoughts of off loading Horse now would be the perfect time. This and next trade periods will be setting us up for the next 3 to 5 years. If Horse isnt our long term option as coach its time to go now so the next coach can mould the list to their style before the kids get a percieved poor game plan engrained in their playing style.

If the club had any thoughts of off loading Horse now would be the perfect time. This and next trade periods will be setting us up for the next 3 to 5 years. If Horse isnt our long term option as coach its time to go now so the next coach can mould the list to their style before the kids get a percieved poor game plan engrained in their playing style.

How would that work?

Hey Saints, you can have Hanners for pick 3 and we'll throw in Horse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back