Media EXCLUSIVE: Leadership void at the Swamprats

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
549498_5b9c32c79d3a4e1fb858e163dec95e24.png
QrownMedia sources have reported that embattled captain Ant Bear wants to step down as Sin City captain but will likely be forced into continuing another season due to a lack of leadership around him at the Swamprats.

Ant Bear has captained the side for two and a half seasons, controversially taking over from Milky95 at the end of Season 23, but like most captains in SFA history wants to pass the baton on after three seasons in the role in order to have more time to focus on enjoying the game and running media such as SuperQoach. But a cursory glance at the Swamprats list confirms a cold, hard truth for the former Mobbs Medalist and League MVP - there is no one there to replace him. In fact, he doesn't even have a vice captain.

We spoke to a source inside the Swamprats who told us of the problems about to beset last year's Grand Finalists.

"It's always been Ant Bear's plan to step down at the end of the season, but Dingster leaving has thrown it all into disarray. He was the obvious successor but is now the Wonders captain."

When asked if possible leadership candidates had been contemplated, our source was blunt.

"Not really. GotTheGoodes goes missing for days and has just become a mod on the Swans board; philreich can't handle the politics; sportsmaniac probably wants the job but is too melty and doesn't have the thick skin required; SarahSmiles is too young and Nunez is probably the pick of the bunch but has no knowledge of the history of the league or the club."

The irony of this, as mentioned by our source, is that Dingster loomed as an obvious replacement and was probably aware of this fact, yet moved to the Wonders mid-season in exchange for a rookie he himself had recruited. What could have compelled him to leave a club that needed him far more than a strong posting side that already had a number of leaders in haydo, Elton Johns Wig, ShaunDuggan, U2tigers and Sab22? Even more ironic is that he is not even outright captain, and instead shares the duties with ShaunDuggan - a player who left the Swamprats at the end of last season.

At the end of Season 23, the Swamprats were spoiled for choice when it came to leadership. Vice captains to Milky were Ant Bear and future league admin Cloud_, who left for the Royals upon ascending to the league's highest position. In the leadership group were ShaunDuggan, now Wonders co-captains mere months after leaving the Swamprats, and spookism, a former captain, who left for the Hawks. He was eventually followed by Noobz0r and Golumless, both of which had stints as Gumbies captain. All in all, there were seven past, present or future Sweet FA captains and the future Sweet FA admin on the Season 23 list with Dingster joining the following season as well. The fact that they've managed to stumble into the position they are now is almost laughable.

There is no easy fix for Ant Bear. Bringing in someone from outside the club is fraught with risk, as the Swamprats use an election process to determine their captain each season, and therefore would be more partial to appointing a popular candidate from within the club. A number of bombshells and key outs over the last couple of seasons have besmirched the club name, with ShaunDuggan, Noobz0r and Cheval the most recent 'whistleblowers', and a number of Swamprat posters are not exactly popular with the wider board, making the position unattractive to many. Nunez appears to many as the golden candidate, but as mentioned by our source, lacks the experience and knowledge to run a Sweet FA club at this time. Ant Bear will more than likely be captaining the club in Season 27 and maybe even beyond.

#cantsackantbear​

QrownMedia sources have reported that embattled captain Ant Bear wants to step down as Sin City captain but will likely be forced into continuing another season due to a lack of leadership around him at the Swamprats.
First of all it's sauces not sources. Second of all your sauce is clearly drunk.

First of all it's sauces not sources. Second of all your sauce is clearly drunk.

First of all, nice deflection from the facts I clearly laid down in the piece.

This is genuinely hilarious. You post an "inside anonymous source" article a week after I post one about your team mate, proving you're not only lacking in original thought, but even when you try and copy someone else it's still very poor.

Stick to fake betting odds bud.

#sackantbear

This is genuinely hilarious. You post an "inside anonymous source" article a week after I post one about your team mate, proving you're not only lacking in original thought, but even when you try and copy someone else it's still very poor.

Stick to fake betting odds bud.

#sackantbear

Stick to making stuff up and read an actual insight into a problem at your club.

Stick to making stuff up and read an actual insight into a problem at your club.

Your "journalism" is actually garbage. You've literally played every hand you had and now all you're able to do is try and mooch/copy other posters media. Honestly I thought you were better than that.

Maybe one day you'll be good enough to post an exclusive that is actual quality and not stealing off others.

Frankly, and as we all know, this is yet another cheap attempt at an EKA grab (and not an original one at that).

Your "journalism" is actually garbage. You've literally played every hand you had and now all you're able to do is try and mooch/copy other posters media. Honestly I thought you were better than that.

Maybe one day you'll be good enough to post an exclusive that is actual quality and not stealing off others.

Frankly, and as we all know, this is yet another cheap attempt at an EKA grab (and not an original one at that).

Nice deflecting my dude. Sorry for copying your ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyway, I'm not letting Nunez turn this thread into a shitfight. There's a legitimate issue at the Swamprats at the moment.

Anyway, I'm not letting Nunez reveal how s**t my Qooty journalism is. There's a legitimate issue at the Bears at the moment and I need to deflect.

EFA for the EKA obsessed Qooty journo with zero credibility. :)

Anyway, I'm not letting Nunez turn this thread into a shitfight. There's a legitimate issue at the Swamprats at the moment.
This whole thread is a recipe for a s**t fight and that's what you wanted when writing it.

Smashing thread dav!! :fire:
You can tell this one cuts close to the bone and stands above other recent 'leak' threads by the responses. Hacked together faux-furore threads are met with joking and indifference. The real lasers bring out stern and austere defenses.

I appreciate the vote of confidence though I’d even acknowledge that I’ve got some room for improvement to get to that point :)

I forgot to put a sarcasm face in that post mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back