Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 6 - Ophidian Old Boys v Sin City Swamprats at Spotswood Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

1709628807111.png

vs

1709628879343.png
Before we begin, let's start with a bit of humour:

My daughter wants the new iPhone for her birthday. I told her she will get one as long as she has good grades, does her chores, and follows the house rules. Otherwise she will get a cheaper phone. It's my way or the Huawei.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man and wife are checking out of a hotel. The man notices the bill includes a $50 fee for use of the swimming pool. He tells the hotel clerk they didn't use the pool. The clerk replies, "That's not the issue sir, it was there all the time for you to use."

"OK", says the guy and proceeds to pay the clerk $100 less than the bill.

The clerk says, "Wait a minute sir, this amount is $100 short."

"No it's not", says the guy, "I'm charging you $100 for having sex with my wife."

The clerk is shocked and says, "Sir I can assure you I did not have sex with your wife."

The man replies, "That's not the issue, she was there all the time."

Welcome to this critical match up between 2 of the teams that currently find themselves inside the top 4. Either side of their round 3 bye, the Old Boys have won every game. The Rats on the other hand have been a bit up and down, and will be determined to avenge their round 5 demolition job at the hands of the Hawks. Let's look at who played well for both sides last week, as well as the players who might be on the brink of being delisted if they don't pull their finger out, and start performing.

Old Boys

Who’s hot

Harvey Manfrenjensenden: 9 goals

Tigertubulence: 8 hit outs, 24 possessions & a goal

Who’s not

Ace Rimmer: 3 possessions

WIckzki: 4 hit outs & 6 possessions

Rats

Who’s hot

GotTheGoodes: 19 possessions, 4 marks & a goal

Damicky: 15 hit outs, 14 possessions & 2 goals

Who’s not

RPCB: 4 possessions

Ticky009: 9 possessions

Who wins?

Logic says the Old Boys, right? Well the sim doesn't always adhere to logic, as evidenced by the Roys, who got smashed by 10 goals in round 4, but then hammered the Dragons by 15 goals a week later. On that basis, I'm picking the Rats by 3 points.

Captains please note: The deadline for team sheet submission is Thursday 11:59 PM Perth Time

the lion king 2019 trailer GIF

Evening all, hope you all have a good week - goodnight.

Hey Ratties! I know the week is basically over, but by being here Tuesday night youve outlasted the poor efforts of the Dragons and Warriors, so that’s something! Congrats on being maybe the second best thread we get all year!

If I say anything negative, philreich makes me listen to more Dad Jokes ... SO I am really enjoying it!

Spotswood is a safe place in that regard, no dad joke punishment here just 100 laps and then you have to cut the front Spotswood lawns with a pair of scissors. So basically the same!

Spotswood is a safe place in that regard, no dad joke punishment here just 100 laps and then you have to cut the front Spotswood lawns with a pair of scissors. So basically the same!
It’s not that bad. There more like shears than scissors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds better than being traded to the Wonders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back