Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is it?

Get stuffed Bears!!!
There was a thing on the radio today about Lennon and his bitch shaving their hair anniversary today.

Instant Khama man . . . .IT GONNA GET CHA BEARS !!!!

They chased him down mid season and seduced him away, now the boot is on the other foot . . .

LOVING THAT.

There was a thing on the radio today about Lennon and his bitch shaving their hair anniversary today.

Instant Khama man . . . .IT GONNA GET CHA BEARS !!!!

They chased him down mid season and seduced him away, now the boot is on the other foot . . .

LOVING THAT.
I hate the Bears almost as much as Carlton. Long may they suffer.

Hanging out a lot with DeGoey I see

Let's hope to have a family and hopefully maturing he can put the young kid on the right track
More likely discussing tattoo parlors....

I'm a bit worried about beams. He missed the whole week of training because of illness (including photo day), missed the time trial earlier in January because of a toothache, has missed other sessions because of 'illness'? I'm a bit worried the fallout from his move from Brisbane is affecting his mental health and footy. I know it can't be easy every time a Brisbane official comments on it, it makes headlines but I'm not sure the club has managed the mental side of his move well enough. He was cornered by Brisbane, probably felt trapped, couldn't say what he wanted and that has made the move that much harder. If he was still in and around the club and not training that would be OK but given how many sessions he's missing and not because of injury its a worry imo.

Probably the weather change. lol

I'm not worried, I'm sure he'll be fine. Given he just moved back into the house he lived in the last time he was with us, I think things will start to fall into place. I feel he is in a better place since being back here. He has looked much happier.

Probably the weather change. lol

I'm not worried, I'm sure he'll be fine. Given he just moved back into the house he lived in the last time he was with us, I think things will start to fall into place. I feel he is in a better place since being back here. He has looked much happier.
That's good to know Jen, I haven't been to training so I don't know how's he's looked when he is there and yes there is a lot of 'life admin' to take care of when you move cities! Glad I'm just over thinking it.

That's good to know Jen, I haven't been to training so I don't know how's he's looked when he is there and yes there is a lot of 'life admin' to take care of when you move cities! Glad I'm just over thinking it.
No worries.
I've been to probably 95% of trainings since pre-season started. He's done a lot of running. Some match sim practice. But they have been managing him since he has had a back complaint during the off season. But they have been building his load up over the last few weeks. Word is, they'll skip JLT with him and get him up and about for round 1.

I talked to him during one of his first training sessions, and I hadn't seen him happier. Being back suits him.

No worries.
I've been to probably 95% of trainings since pre-season started. He's done a lot of running. Some match sim practice. But they have been managing him since he has had a back complaint during the off season. But they have been building his load up over the last few weeks. Word is, they'll skip JLT with him and get him up and about for round 1.

I talked to him during one of his first training sessions, and I hadn't seen him happier. Being back suits him.
It suits all of us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries.

I hope that proves to be the case. It's a bit hard when you're in the rehab groups and working in a small group of 2-3 doing run throughs, but I wouldn't say that I have seen him joking or smiling at all from what I recall in the numerous sessions that I have attended.

I hope that proves to be the case. It's a bit hard when you're in the rehab groups and working in a small group of 2-3 doing run throughs, but I wouldn't say that I have seen him joking or smiling at all from what I recall in the numerous sessions that I have attended.
I have. Don't have the photos anymore, but I guess I pay close attention to him, so maybe that's why I had noticed. It was a while back, but yeah he has been doing run throughs more often than not. But I'm sure that will change soon.

I have. Don't have the photos anymore, but I guess I pay close attention to him, so maybe that's why I had noticed. It was a while back, but yeah he has been doing run throughs more often than not. But I'm sure that will change soon.
problem with something like depression is that it can be a bit 'wavy' and come and go. So he may have been feeling good a bit earlier in pre-season and welcoming the opportunity to be back in a football club environment, but may since changed his tune. I don't follow his social media, which might also provide some sense for it.

problem with something like depression is that it can be a bit 'wavy' and come and go. So he may have been feeling good a bit earlier in pre-season and welcoming the opportunity to be back in a football club environment, but may since changed his tune. I don't follow his social media, which might also provide some sense for it.
I do follow his insta, and he seems happy. I'm sure he is seeing someone like a professional, but I think being around his family has helped. He went to visit his mother and extended family in Yarrawonga over Australia Day. I'm sure he has bad days, as you do, but I do think being back has helped more than being in Brisbane ever did.

I do follow his insta, and he seems happy. I'm sure he is seeing someone like a professional, but I think being around his family has helped. He went to visit his mother and extended family in Yarrawonga over Australia Day. I'm sure he has bad days, as you do, but I do think being back has helped more than being in Brisbane ever did.
I think being great mates with his dad,and spending time with him, would have been great for Beams, it would have been after he past away, problems would have kicked into overdrive.
It will take a long time to get better for him, as long as he has his family he will get through it

I think being great mates with his dad,and spending time with him, would have been great for Beams, it would have been after he past away, problems would have kicked into overdrive.
It will take a long time to get better for him, as long as he has his family he will get through it
Yeah, it was began after his father's death for sure. It couldn't have been easy being there.

But yeah, I think being around family will help so much.

We are yet to see what Beams can truly do as the team list has been cut and diced for practice matches and the midfield power spread over 2 teams.

Put him in a full team with top ranked mids around him and things SHOULD get very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back