Rumour AFL player to retire (confirmed: Angus Brayshaw)

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone just posted this in the Brayshaw thread on the maid board. I'd reply, but I've lost all privileges in that thread.

Bruzzy is going to cop it every game he plays this season. It will be our job to support him and drown these morons out.

View attachment 1912639
I wouldnt be too concerned at some keyboard warriors who can’t get their facts right.

Someone just posted this in the Brayshaw thread on the maid board. I'd reply, but I've lost all privileges in that thread.

Bruzzy is going to cop it every game he plays this season. It will be our job to support him and drown these morons out.

View attachment 1912639
Some of these people are so sad. Brayshaw, with his history of concussion, was 1 knock away. Not dissimilar to Macartin and I worry that Murphy will follow.

Knowing how fragile Murphy is, will a player be suspended for tackling him if he then needs to be carried off the ground with a concussion? He obviously shouldn’t, but it seems to be the argument which is unfair.

I know Brayshaw has a lot on his mind and is obviously upset but it can't have been too hard to foresee this barrage of BS coming Maynard's way once he announced his retirement. A brief comment saying the Maynard incident was a football accident that happens in our collision sport and he in no way bears any ill will to Bruzzie would have killed a lot of this s**t.

I think Melbourne's handling of this incident has been appalling.

I know Brayshaw has a lot on his mind and is obviously upset but it can't have been too hard to foresee this barrage of BS coming Maynard's way once he announced his retirement. A brief comment saying the Maynard incident was a football accident that happens in our collision sport and he in no way bears any ill will to Bruzzie would have killed a lot of this s**t.

Its a cesspit of a Club.

A statement like that could hurt his future case against the AFL.

View attachment 1912639
We will, Demons fans tried it in the QF our cheers drowned them out

Kings Birthday is going to be full on
Crazy to blame Maynard for plying the games by the rules…Brayshaw came off his line.

Brayshaw had a history of head issues is the other point…Maynard wasn’t the sole cause of his health issues.

In any case we stand by Maynard 10000%, hoping it doesn’t impact his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling it a “football accident that happens in our collision sport” implies the AFL couldn’t do much to prevent it.

Oh yeah………. Nah!

You’re clearly lacking understanding in how these things work.

That implication has always been there. As an example, half of Shaun Smith’s concussions were from landing awkwardly in marking contests. Clear accidents that happen in our collision sport. Didn’t impact his case because the accidental nature of an injury doesn’t mitigate a duty of care or change the outcome.

Last edited:

Goodwin has always been a classless individual who makes emotional decisions instead of logical ones.

Oh yeah………. Nah!

You’re clearly lacking understanding in how these things work.

That implication has always been there. As an example, half of Shaun Smith’s concussions were from landing awkwardly in marking contests. Clear accidents that happen in our collision sport. Didn’t impact his case because the accidental nature of an injury doesn’t mitigate a duty of care or change the outcome.

What are the AFL supposed to do... place mattresses all over the ground? Where does it end? Do players with arthritic knees and crook backs get compensation for playing a game they voluntarily chose to play? I don't get it. If there is a clear case of negligence or a situation where a coach or doctor knew a player was in no physical state to play yet forced him back out onto the field, then I get it. But applying hindsight and modern knowledge to situations which occurred when everyone was ignorant of the long term consequences seems unjust.

My son was knocked out at least ten times in his career and retired the day he smashed his head when an opposition player picked him up and dumped him head first into the turf. He has headaches and knows he may face problems down the track but still maintains he never had a gun at his head at any stage. He accepts that there is an inherent risk in playing a violent game and owns what happened to him. Why does that suddenly change because it's Collingwood or Carlton rather than Mooroolbark or Croydon?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back