Player Sponsorship Player Sponsorship 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That doesn’t sit too well with me.

If you want to put in $1200 citislick then that gives you a much better chance of scoring the Presidents dinner but to effectively buy them all at half price is a bit rich and it denies others the chance for the best prize.

That’s my 2 cents.

Moey, in past years we have been short and people have come with a rush at the end. Have you tried sending a group message to all the people who were in last year that haven’t made a pledge for this year?

If you want to put in $1200 citislick then that gives you a much better chance of scoring the Presidents dinner but to effectively buy them all at half price is a bit rich and it denies others the chance for the best prize.

That’s my 2 cents.

Moey, in past years we have been short and people have come with a rush at the end. Have you tried sending a group message to all the people who were in last year that haven’t made a pledge for this year?
Totally understandable. cityslick1 is there an amount you are willing to contribute without the President's dinner attached?

I noticed that there were more pledges towards the end of last year too but this time the number is quite steep. I didn't send a group message but I have sent individual messages to everyone from last year to check in. A couple of them have responded and unfortunately, are out for this season.

I’ll chuck in another $50 to help get this over line. I’m out if the pd isn’t in the prize pool though.

Chief - $200
jmac70 - $100 (no player preference)
Pie eyed -I'm in for a Grey Nurse. No preference. Signed jumper and the signed scarf and or lanyard etc. only for me
neilk - $100 Beau again
Kirby - I’ll be in for $100 again
Laurie Holden - I'm in for $100 too. Not fussed with player.
barrackers - $150 (not fussed, Beau again?), no scarf or lanyard (I have enough already)
Antz - $100 (In for signed jumper, scarf, lanyard and pin).
Moeydw - $100 Lachie Schultz
windchimes $100 Lachie Schultz
Kashyboy $100 (either player would be great) No lanyard, scarf etc
eyeroller $100 Happy with anyone
Ulahoopski $100 - Ash Johnson - give him some love and confidence
Vicky Park $100 Lachie Schultz
Pedro $100
AD2010 $100 Lachie Schultz, Harry DeMattia or Tew Jiath (in for President's Function and Meet and Greet) Thanks
docks $100
lyfsux $100 any player (signed jumper, interstate for others so can't attend)

Total: $1950

That’s my 2 cents.

100%, and thanks for the context. I honestly didn’t know what the presidents lunch was worth. But I also don’t have an unlimited amount of cash. I’d honestly like to help the group sponsor a player. So…

I can do one of two things…
1. Chip in $100 and join the others, go into all draws etc. Or…
2. If you come up short, let’s talk again and I’d prob be happy to go to $2000 for the lunch. (Need to confirm with wife)

Beyond that and I might as well just book it separately.

Maybe wed still be short anyway….

Best,
Side by sid

Moeydw

Last edited:
yeah good idea... I'd happily pay $1200 for two dinner tickets, other two up for grabs. But think its too late... Moeydw ?
That's unfortunate, I'll send an email to confirm but it does seem too late now.

I've received a message back saying that the program is sold out to the general public but since I registered interest early she still has us noted down. The only issue is that she needs an answer by Friday so we'll basically have 48 hours from now to get the remaining $2550.

Last edited:
Hi all,
As mentioned above, I will be making a call on the sponsorship for 2024 next Sunday night if we don't get to the required total of $4500. Thanks to those who have committed so far. Given the events are only available in selected rounds, it'll be hard to organize groups if we continue to wait throughout the season and the money becomes dead money. If others are still interested in going ahead, I am happy to still be in contact with the club or pass on the details if someone else wants to take the helm. I did try to start the process earlier this year but unfortunately, it appears to be a large amount to get in a short time. I have just sent out some DMs to see if people are interested and if anyone knows other Collingwood fans who aren't on BigFooty but would be interested, please get the word out.
I'll chuck in another Grey Nurse (100)
Lets get this thing over the line.
I have been involved in sponsoring a player since 2007-2008 I think.
Cant break the chain......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief - $200
jmac70 - $150 (no player preference)
Pie eyed - $200. No preference. Signed jumper and the signed scarf and or lanyard etc. only for me
neilk - $100 Beau again
Kirby - I’ll be in for $100 again
Laurie Holden - $200. Not fussed with player.
barrackers - $150 (not fussed, Beau again?), no scarf or lanyard (I have enough already)
Antz - $100 (In for signed jumper, scarf, lanyard and pin).
Moeydw - $100 Lachie Schultz
windchimes $100 Lachie Schultz
Kashyboy $150 (either player would be great) No lanyard, scarf etc
eyeroller $100 Happy with anyone
Ulahoopski $100 - Ash Johnson - give him some love and confidence
Vicky Park $100 Lachie Schultz
Pedro $100
AD2010 $100 Lachie Schultz, Harry DeMattia or Tew Jiath (in for President's Function and Meet and Greet) Thanks
docks $100
lyfsux $100 any player (signed jumper, interstate for others so can't attend)
Magpie Ink $100

Total: $2350

Still require another $2150

Sorry guys, seems like we couldn't raise enough this season. I'll try to organise it earlier for next season so that we can be a part of the program for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back