Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably straying way off-topic for this thread, but Raf would be all wrong for what is the most important and crucial radio time-slot in the state, if not the country.

Like him or not, Jon Faine represents the consciousness of Victoria - he's trusted, he's valued and 'has our back' in a world where everyone with an ounce of power will exploit it for personal or political gain.

Very few are in this league and Raf certainly isn't.

Virginia Trioli has been working towards this moment all her life and she ticks all the boxes. It really is her destiny.

You're right of course... but it would shatter me to lose Virginia from breakfast television.

Although slightly less than it would've before the last few months with Lisa Millar, who I've grown to really like.

I don't dislike Epstein as much as you, but I don't listen to a lot of radio in the arvo.

You're right of course... but it would shatter me to lose Virginia from breakfast television.

Although slightly less than it would've before the last few months with Lisa Millar, who I've grown to really like.

I don't dislike Epstein as much as you, but I don't listen to a lot of radio in the arvo.

I like Raf in the afternoons - think he suits that time of the day well.

Faine is calling time at about the right time, was a casual listener for many years and probably part time 2-3 days a week on and off for the last 5 years. He definitely has a bit of grumpy old man about him.....every now and rhen he gets too pedantic and relentless in backing over a point with guests - but he does a reasonable job of trying to lead independent, balanced discussion.

Makes sense for me for the slot to be filled by a female should one be suitability qualified. Highlights again 3aw’s dinosaur and narrow view of all weekday presenters being middle to old age white WASP men, and think it would continue to provide potentially different perspective audiences and views across the day.

Heaven forbid SEN have a female host or co-host on a weekday. In this age of the rise of female professional sports....they still can’t even find on invest in one to join them? I mean even ESPN these days has females as hosts or on panels consistently on their daily NFL. NBA and MLB talk shows.

If Maher, for example was serious about his love of female sport and all things female participation, how does he have no female co-host or no female with a permanent hosting role for an hour ala Plough or Dal Santo? Apologies if he does....I barely listen and when I do ithe midday hour. It always seems to be one of those two on...

I like Raf in the afternoons - think he suits that time of the day well.

Faine is calling time at about the right time, was a casual listener for many years and probably part time 2-3 days a week on and off for the last 5 years. He definitely has a bit of grumpy old man about him.....every now and rhen he gets too pedantic and relentless in backing over a point with guests - but he does a reasonable job of trying to lead independent, balanced discussion.

Makes sense for me for the slot to be filled by a female should one be suitability qualified. Highlights again 3aw’s dinosaur and narrow view of all weekday presenters being middle to old age white WASP men, and think it would continue to provide potentially different perspective audiences and views across the day.

Heaven forbid SEN have a female host or co-host on a weekday. In this age of the rise of female professional sports....they still can’t even find on invest in one to join them? I mean even ESPN these days has females as hosts or on panels consistently on their daily NFL. NBA and MLB talk shows.

If Maher, for example was serious about his love of female sport and all things female participation, how does he have no female co-host or no female with a permanent hosting role for an hour ala Plough or Dal Santo? Apologies if he does....I barely listen and when I do ithe midday hour. It always seems to be one of those two on...

Maher used to have Kate Sheahan as a regular co-host, she was terrible (don’t listen to him anymore so can’t say if she’s still on).

Can those that have veer so far from SEN take their boring 3LO (whatever it’s called these days) talk to its own thread.

Last edited:
Can those that have veere so far from SEN take their boring 3LO (whatever it’s called these dats) talk to its own thread.
Fair call. Lets get back to talking about the good old days, Finey, terrible commericals, Marco and the Ox, KB and the Doc, cobber Andy Maher......so much new and undiscussed content still to cover! Not sure 10k posts in this thread will cover it all lol

Fair call. Lets get back to talking about the good old days, Finey, terrible commericals, Marco and the Ox, KB and the Doc, cobber Andy Maher......so much new and undiscussed content still to cover! Not sure 10k posts in this thread will cover it all lol

I know shock horror we’re going to comment on SEN as the thread suggests by the title.

By all means start another station thread or any thread that appeals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here you go Hutchy...

Breakfast - Whateley
Morning - KB and guests
12-4pm - Maher & Watson
Drive - Harf and Adam White
7pm - RoCo & Finey

In: RoCo, Finey, Harf & White
Out: Lyon, Dr Turf, Heverin, McClure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back