Review Dogs Run Out Of Legs And Lose To Collingwood - Rd 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards is not getting enough possessions. VFL. Williams in?

Tory played a bit like a rotisserie chicken that has been left on for too long. There were bits flaying around but that was about it for most of the night. Bailey Dale shoud come in next week.

Too strong a link between content of the post and BF username for my liking.

(I love a good conspiracy theory.)

We played the runners up off a 5 day break and come up short.

Just needed to play the big moments better and needed some class and had to be cleaner at some stages.

With Naughton forward he flies for everything and comes in from everywhere we need a good small forward who knows how to position himself for those crumbs that come from Naughtons efforts. Small crumbing forward who does not fear kicking goals.

Smith looked very dangerous near goal. I would play him and West when comes under Naughtons feet. Greene is the other one- hope he isn't out too long.

I would try playing Schache at Full Back in the VFL. Could turn his career around. Or hasten his exit. Either is acceptable.

Leaving aside that Greene got some sort of serious injury in the VFL tonight so he's not in the equation for a while, we have to remember he's still just a broomstick. 187cm tall but only 75kg. He would have been crushed or swept aside by the hard-bodied Collingwood defenders in the seniors game.

I still think he's a prospect but right now it's only through forward smarts and finding space. He needs to bulk up if he's going to make it as an AFL player.

Needless to say I didn’t know he was injured but I think you’re doing Ferg a slight disservice. I think he showed last year despite a lack of heft he’s certainly tenacious and willing to stick one.

Yeah I agree on the call, just not the evidence shown to 'convince' us
There was a slight but definite deflection on the replay. Clearly a poster for me.

I thought they might have paid the Lloyd goal (Naughton's touch on the line) especially as they took so little time on it, but it was probably 50-50. You win some of those and you lose some.

Just had this moronic argument about law 12.1.1 regarding the goal post padding extending the line. As far as I can see, the laws only mention the goal line. The padding is irrelevent, why don't the commentators read the laws of the game? It's only a 20 minute read at most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had this moronic argument about law 12.1.1 regarding the goal post padding extending the line. As far as I can see, the laws only mention the goal line. The padding is irrelevent, why don't the commentators read the laws of the game? It's only a 20 minute read at most.

Yeah I have no idea why anyone thinks the padding is relevant to the goal line

It’s just astounding how long we have been so crap in the ruck department...
Have to go back to Luke Darcy to find a Bulldogs ruckman that could at least halve his position
Well Minson was AA ruck in 2011.

Honestly he and Hudson did a pretty solid job in the late 2000s.

We don’t have the talent of other teams in the forward line (and in other areas) - how we have got to that point is a debate for other threads, but the fact remains that we have a dysfunctional forward line and that is often compounded by poor execution going inside 50.

All that said, we have a good defensive structure and often cause good teams problems despite the discrepancy in talent.

Bottom line is that when all 18 (or 22) players are on we are a good side, when there are passengers we don’t have the polish to win games. Schache, English, Richards, Gowers, Dickson, Lloyd and a few others are not providing enough game to game - if we want to play finals we need to find some consistency in performance. Maybe we don’t have the cattle this year, but bottom line is this current best 22 isn’t good enough or consistent enough.

Why are people bagging Cordy? He was outstanding against Cox (and others) for three quarters. It’s no shame to be outmarked by that man mountain. Zaine’s has an excellent start to the year. Sometimes it feels like I must be watching a different game.

Why are people bagging Cordy? He was outstanding against Cox (and others) for three quarters. It’s no shame to be outmarked by that man mountain. Zaine’s has an excellent start to the year. Sometimes it feels like I must be watching a different game.

Yeah Cordy has been the least of our problems.

Can't get around the dunkley grilling in this thread. He is our future bull in the midfield. Libba aint going to be around forever.

Dunk's deficiencies stand out more because the rest of our midfield have average foot skills.

Did anyone else hear Brereton try to lessen Naughton’s marks by saying that they were kicks that weren’t intended for him?

What a sour old fool.

Doesn’t that make them better rather than worse ?

Matched it with last year's grand finalists. A loss, but I'll take it. We're a side on the up and I'm very excited at where we're heading! Naughty was monstrous in the third, you can just see he'll become a club legend.
Head's up fellas, I think we'll see an upward trajectory up the ladder resulting in a period of repeated finals appearances with every chance at another premiership with this young, talented team.

Spot on, so much upside, all we need is just a little patience (with apologies to gnr)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back