Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d have about ten players on our list right now that I wouldn’t do any deals for.

Bont, Macrae, Naughton, Liberatore, JJ, McLean, Hunter, Smith, English, Richards.

Any one not in this group I’d consider trading at the right price, especially if it were to give us an elite player or pick who could fill these positions

A) elite small forward
B) elite shutdown KPD
C) Another burst mid
D) Another JJ would be alright as well.

Obviously there are some type of players such as Boyd and Schache who would not fetch much and are worth persisting with but players such as Dunkley, Daniel, Williams (maybe), I’d be open to listening to offers.

I’d have about ten players on our list right now that I wouldn’t do any deals for.

Bont, Macrae, Naughton, Liberatore, JJ, McLean, Hunter, Smith, English, Richards.

Any one not in this group I’d consider trading at the right price, especially if it were to give us an elite player or pick who could fill these positions

A) elite small forward
B) elite shutdown KPD
C) Another burst mid
D) Another JJ would be alright as well.

Obviously there are some type of players such as Boyd and Schache who would not fetch much and are worth persisting with but players such as Dunkley, Daniel, Williams (maybe), I’d be open to listening to offers.
We have skill issues ... Let's get rid of our best user in Caleb Daniel :drunk:

How about move him out of the backline. ..

Where do people think Daniel was before he was a defender? He's been tried as a deep forward, half forward, winger - he struggled. Defence has been his best position and we've played better with him there when we play the two tall defenders as well

Where do people think Daniel was before he was a defender? He's been tried as a deep forward, half forward, winger - he struggled. Defence has been his best position and we've played better with him there when we play the two tall defenders as well

Daniel was actually pretty good in 15 and 16 and was nowhere near the backline.

What ever happened to our “third tall forward” philosophy.

2015 in Bev’s first season we had 3 on the list in Stringer, Crameri and Grant. Generally 2 of them were selected every week and were quite successful.

In the 3 seasons after we lost all 3 and really we don’t have any 3rd fall forwards on our list. Wouldn’t consider Gowers a tall.

I think it’s worth looking at trying to find some. Players who are competitive in the air but also strong at ground level and defensively are suited to the modern game.

We need guys like Bont, Macrae, McLean and Daniel delivering the ball inside 50. While we’re at it, get Dunkley out of the forward line and into the midfield. Move Wallis out of the midfield and into the forward line and move Williams out of the midfield and into defence. Give Bont the captaincy. Make massive off field changes. Get some senior assistants around Beveridge with fresh outside intel and the balls to challenge Bevo on his ideas. Re-jig our fitness program. Hire a goal kicking coach and opposition analyst.

Daniel was actually pretty good in 15 and 16 and was nowhere near the backline.

True, he was my favourite in those years. But what changed in 17 and 18? I'm not sure if he relied on the focus being on Stringer/Crameri/Dickson/Smith/Picken or he was so dominant in that elimination final that coaches decided they couldn't risk letting him run loose. I guess I wouldn't mind trying it again but don't think it'll work.

We need guys like Bont, Macrae, McLean and Daniel delivering the ball inside 50. While we’re at it, get Dunkley out of the forward line and into the midfield. Move Wallis out of the midfield and into the forward line and move Williams out of the midfield and into defence. Give Bont the captaincy. Make massive off field changes. Get some senior assistants around Beveridge with fresh outside intel and the balls to challenge Bevo on his ideas. Re-jig our fitness program. Hire a goal kicking coach and opposition analyst.
My face every time I see a post like this

TUPwDw9.jpg

Yes yes, I'm sure you have everything behind the scenes figured out. I'm sure you know better than anyone else that guys like Joel Corey, Stephen King, Chris Maple, Steve Grace and others just "don't have the balls" to challenge Beveridge. :drunk::drunk::drunk:

We have skill issues ... Let's get rid of our best user in Caleb Daniel :drunk:

How about move him out of the backline. ..
Caleb has a big enough tank would swap Hunter and Caleb. Make Hunter a bit accountable, and have Caleb further afield with better disposal than Hunter.
Can also work back into defence to provide the extra number

We missed a chance with jack lonie and possibly billings last year, although i domt know how available the latter was.

Id have a serious look at Weitering for a key defensive role.
Jye Simpkin appears on the outer at norf and Mason Wood. Tom Cutler looks gettable, we were very keen a few years ago when Hamling was gawn.

Thoughts on Dan Butler Fronk? Kicked 30 in the Tiges flag year. Probably has Castagna, Rioli, Higgins and now Baker in front of him.

Better than anything we’ve got, but I’d prefer Bolton if we’re having a ping at one of the Richmond smells.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My face every time I see a post like this

TUPwDw9.jpg

Yes yes, I'm sure you have everything behind the scenes figured out. I'm sure you know better than anyone else that guys like Joel Corey, Stephen King, Chris Maple, Steve Grace and others just "don't have the balls" to challenge Beveridge. :drunk::drunk::drunk:
You realise it goes both ways don’t you? I’m sure you know that these things aren’t problems. :rolleyes:

We missed a chance with jack lonie and possibly billings last year, although i domt know how available the latter was.

Jye Simpkin appears on the outer at norf and Mason Wood. Tom Cutler looks gettable, we were very keen a few years ago when Hamling was gawn.
Would give up our 1st rounder for Weitering if he were available. Simpson would add some speed and x factor in the forward half

Oscar McDonald? Seems to be on the outs at Melbourne and they still have Lever and May to come back.

23 yrs old. 196cm, 100kg. Was top 10 in the league for spoils last year.

Worth our 3rd Rounder (early 40's at the moment)?
If we got OMac for a 3rd rounder I'd personally suck Sam Power's meat and potatoes. We'd be lucky to get him at that price, and he'd be perfect for us

Unpopular opinion. I’d take Sam Reid off Sydney’s hands if they paid some of his salary and the trade was super cheap.

As our CHB, not a key forward.

Every other resource we have must go towards forward half speed and class.
I would too. He is the classic type that would thrive down back.

We ave to consider who are gettable, and Weitering isn't.

Simpkin I say yes to. He looked good until Scott coached every ounce of X factor out of him. He's not quick but had genuine goal sense, he'd thrive under a different system. We desperately need guys with genuine goal sense.

Mate Boyd and Schache were meant to be our KPFs, with Redpath as backup. Red ret due to injury and Boyd is injured.

Naughton was meant to be our main KPD but is forced fwd. Naughton is a generational talent. 4th in our B And F in his first yr as a KPD. Morris was meant to support him. But is injured. Morris is still near elite. Cordy is a third tall. Wood should take a 4th fwd but plays KP due to injuries. We also had another quality KPD in Marcus Adams barely get on the park and leave due to injuries last yr.

So yeah mate your plans go to s**t sometimes due to injuries. Or players like No 2 and 1 pick KPFs not developing as expected. s**t happens. But its not like we haven't recruited a spine.
Fair points, but if we wanted to play Wood and Cordy on players their own size we could bring in Trengove or Roberts as tall defenders (or forwards) in the meantime.

Seems that Bev has genuinely wanted to go in undersized hoping to get an advantage with run but it’s blown up in his face.

Fair points, but if we wanted to play Wood and Cordy on players their own size we could bring in Trengove or Roberts as tall defenders (or forwards) in the meantime.

Seems that Bev has genuinely wanted to go in undersized hoping to get an advantage with run but it’s blown up in his face.

But then we have dropped Williams, ignored Lynch and Lipinski ?

Our selection strategy is horribly flawed and inconsistent.

I don’t mind if we had a plan and were stubbornly sticking to it - but the message about the strategy and the execution of it is terrible at the minute.

Reward VFL form - ignores players playing well.

Need more run - drops Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back