Preview Crows v Sainters 12th v 2nd Sat 4pm Docklands

Remove this Banner Ad

If Talia and Keath take Bruce and Membrey (in whatever combination) - who exactly will Hartigan cover? We seem overly tall in defence.

I understand Poholke being rewarded for strong SANFL form and CEY was good last week, but I wasn't a fan of Matt Crouch, Greenwood and CEY all playing together, let alone adding Poholke to that group. Hopefully Dylan shows his stuff and it works, otherwise we could be swamped by the Saint's speed in the midfield and their forward line.

We've stuffed up the management of Gallucci, even when factoring in his injury. He's a first rounder with pace and showed strong form at the end of last season - having him not yet match fit but missing a game as travelling emergency is a shambles.

Would be a disaster, we would all be out the front arguing the best way to get it.

We should storm the house and take it by force.

Nah, we should sneak in when no ones home.

Nah, we should split up - half in the front half go in the back way.

Then Janus would rock up with his heat maps explaining how we should get the bed with the bird still asleep on it.
Then it would rain and we would all start pointing the finger and calling each other bed-wetters!

If Talia and Keath take Bruce and Membrey (in whatever combination) - who exactly will Hartigan cover? We seem overly tall in defence.

I understand Poholke being rewarded for strong SANFL form and CEY was good last week, but I wasn't a fan of Matt Crouch, Greenwood and CEY all playing together, let alone adding Poholke to that group. Hopefully Dylan shows his stuff and it works, otherwise we could be swamped by the Saint's speed in the midfield and their forward line.

We've stuffed up the management of Gallucci, even when factoring in his injury. He's a first rounder with pace and showed strong form at the end of last season - having him not yet match fit but missing a game as travelling emergency is a shambles.
Saints midfield speed is nothing to write home about, Jack Steven the only one I'd rate as quick, their 2 best mids this season Seb Ross and Jack Steele are both tough contested hard nuts but not quick.

Funny your stolen mattress scenario. I had a young lady, overseas student rented my place a few years back. She's since moved back to her country and left me a spare mattress. She said her sister would later study abroad and come pick it up, but never eventuated.

Got nothing to do with the main thread, but since we're on the topic of mattresses..

You had a young lady?? :think:

Saints midfield speed is nothing to write home about, Jack Steven the only one I'd rate as quick, their 2 best mids this season Seb Ross and Jack Steele are both tough contested hard nuts but not quick.

Their midfield is pretty deep. No genuine A graders in there but they have eight or so decent mids rolling through there.

We look pretty top heavy at either end of the ground though. Bringing in a quicker, more agile player for Hartigan would have been my preference, such as giving Sholl a couple games before Brown's return.

Perhaps. I may be overplaying it but I see Stevens, Long and Sinclair as pretty pacey, with McKenzie flying off the back half and Billings and Gresham rotating through. When you add Parker, Lonie and Kent swarming around their forward line I'm concerned about the Talia/Hartigan/Kelly trio being swamped and our plodding inside midfielders being left behind.

Over to you, Mackay. :eek:

Glowing reference of Saunders.

Not surprised, I've heard rumours since pre-season started that Saunders has been top notch and there's been a complete buy in from the players.

I guess that's what happens when you actually bring someone in who knows what they're doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their midfield is pretty deep. No genuine A graders in there but they have eight or so decent mids rolling through there.

We look pretty top heavy at either end of the ground though. Bringing in a quicker, more agile player for Hartigan would have been my preference, such as giving Sholl a couple games before Brown's return.

But you do know that we don’t adjust to better match up on an opposition forward line. We don’t take into account our opposition at all and haven’t for years and years. We don’t do horses for courses.

I am concerned about the Saints speed and pressure they apply. Although I feel the Crows have the potential to win this game their lack of consistency to tackle aggressively and their inability to move the ball into the forward line makes me feel the Saints will win. I certainly hope that my thoughts are full of s**t.

Should we win then that would be two in a row and that suggests that our consistency is coming back.

Why are we so different to the rest of the competition and refuse to play inexperienced players?

Since the start of the season 20 Kids have been given their first taste of AFL, an average of 1.2 players per team. We are below average having only played Chayce Jones although to be fair Himmelberg has played his second game last week.

We only have five players who have played less than 20 games, surely we should be aiming to be number one in this category, about 10 players under 20 games seems about right.

I am a big Gallucci fan. I watched all of his pre-season games and he just didn’t look himself. He finally started to show some zip against Glenelg but burnt the ball. I missed the game against WWT which was a further improvement but he was not listed in the best players. Hopefully he dominates against the Dogs (similar to Poholke, Greenwood) and is selected

Why are we so different to the rest of the competition and refuse to play inexperienced players?

Since the start of the season 20 Kids have been given their first taste of AFL, an average of 1.2 players per team. We are below average having only played Chayce Jones although to be fair Himmelberg has played his second game last week.

We only have five players who have played less than 20 games, surely we should be aiming to be number one in this category, about 10 players under 20 games seems about right.

I am a big Gallucci fan. I watched all of his pre-season games and he just didn’t look himself. He finally started to show some zip against Glenelg but burnt the ball. I missed the game against WWT which was a further improvement but he was not listed in the best players. Hopefully he dominates against the Dogs (similar to Poholke, Greenwood) and is selected
So the comp average is just above 1, and we've played 1 consistently.... doesn't seem like a big deal.

But likewise I'm a big Gallucci fan, but if we are waiting for a Greenwood type performance from him we probably aren't going to get it. He's an impact mid rather than the high numbers huge got.

I'd rather have him in the side than Knight so here's hoping he has a good day out tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back