Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to know how a serious quad injury has anything to do with drugs

Is it really that hard to believe he struggled to get back from what is a tricky injury?

Your constant Beams hate and speculation is growing tiring. Contributing to some other threads would be good... or are you just here to drive his name into the ground?
Its doubtful hes got a drug problem with a wife and 2 young children, but who knows.

Might not be such a bad thing if we're planning to offload load him prior to the season beginning.

If that were on the cards one would assume the responsible thing to do would be to invite someone to train with the club as “competition for Dunn for our one current vacancy”?..

The club should ultimately come before any individual. For anybody to insist that mental health is exempt from this is just another example of PC madness.

It's actually wrong to suggest that the club doesn't owe Beams anything. The club owes Beams exactly the same as they owe every listed player or employee, both morally and contractually.

Just as the premise that Beams isn't fulfilling the terms of his contract is likely just as wrong. If he's meeting all his rehab requirements then he's much more likely than not fulfilling the terms of his contract. He's basing his views purely on the fact Beams isn't training and appears unlikely to play but the contract would also cover injury/illness management.

Seriously?

I’m not talking Beams at all here, but being married with children doesn’t stop someone from having or developing a drug problem.
Yeah mate i know. Hence why i said who knows. Hopefully with 2 little kids hes not whipping out the crack pipe or racking up a big fat line on the coffee table! Be madness to consider it with all the drama Sam Murray went through last year at the club, but like i said, who knows.

Hi guys, I don’t want to interrupt your discussion about Beams, but I would like to clarify one aspect that has been briefly mentioned.

Beams’ father was being treated in a Brisbane hospital that is rather close to the City and Gabba.

While there are two Queensland based football teams, they’re about as close as Collingwood is to Geelong.

Gold Coast simply wasn’t an option when you factor in the treatment for Beams snr.

If that were on the cards one would assume the responsible thing to do would be to invite someone to train with the club as “competition for Dunn for our one current vacancy”?..

yeah from the club (and fan) perspective, it's concerning as we are looking like heading into the season with an injury list already looking like

Beams (mh, season)
Dunn (rookie, knee, 15 weeks, unlikely to play seniors)
Greenwood (knee, indefinite, unlikely to play seniors)
Stephenson (ill, indefinite)

throw in Adams in a moonboot and i have to say for the first time i can ever recall i am struggling to feel my usual December burst of optimism that next season is the season...

I don't think we can afford to carry this sort of extra luggage given our horrendous in-season injury record of the past 8-10 season.

Hope i am wrong

yeah from the club (and fan) perspective, it's concerning as we are looking like heading into the season with an injury list already looking like

Beams (mh, season)

throw in Adams in a moonboot and i have to say for the first time i can ever recall i am struggling to feel my usual December burst of optimism that next season is the season...

I don't think we can afford to carry this sort of extra luggage given our horrendous in-season injury record of the past 8-10 season.

Hope i am wrong
Don’t forget langdon.

It amazes me how people are not able to separate issues.
Some people on here are critical of Dayne the person. Critical of his character. These people are being told they have no sympathy or empathy etc etc.
The illness and his character as a person are separate issues. Are people with mental illness exempt from criticism?

I certainly don't have an issue with criticism but there's a lot of just making s**t up and unnecessarily antagonistic vitriol in this thread, particularly given the lack of any real 1st hand insight.

Beams (mh, season)

Hope i am wrong
You make a fair point here. However, you mention four players, one of which is being trashed unmercifully.

Beams (mh, season)

Hope i am wrong

I’m the reverse actually.

Dunn - currently isn’t a listed player
Beams - could well be no longer listed by the time the season rolls round
Greenwood - his absence provides opportunities for others to step up
Stephenson - is every chance to be back into it when we return in January

Langdon is the only best 22 player that won’t get to the line for Rd 1 at this stage. On the balance of things with 40 odd guys making an appearance session to session we’re in reasonable shape, IMO.

Beams (mh, season)

Hope i am wrong
Beams season - maybe, maybe not
Dunn - will only be signed if he proves to be healthy
Greenwood - already running, should be ready by mid year
Stephenson - we'll see if he's training after the Xmas break
Adams - ditto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he loves the club...
Step away permanently and deal with his illnesss properly..

I'm curious as to why a permanent solution should be the only way for him to deal with his illness properly?

Agree.
Bearing in mind this, (Beams' leave) was only formally announced on Friday it might be a bit early.

I'm curious as to why a permanent solution should be the only way for him to deal with his illness properly?

I don’t think any thought has been given to Beams and the thought process is that’s the best outcome for Collingwood. Personally I’m in favour of the best outcome for Collingwood and it will only come to that if it’s a benefit to Beams anyway.

Agree.
Bearing in mind this, (Beams' leave) was only formally announced on Friday it might be a bit early.

I would hope the club have known the lay of the land for a while ahead of the announcement. Given we on BF knew 3-4 weeks ago.

Beams (mh, season)

Hope i am wrong
Hopefully your festive season manages to cheer you up.

This time last year Crisp, Howe, DeGoey, WHE weren't doing much work if any. Grundy hurt himself early in the new year and was lame in the first couple of rounds of football, barely able to kick.
Dunn's been replaced adequately by Roughead in any case but he and Greenwood are doing a bit of running.
Adams isn't a major injury I don't sense and will be back in the new year training again it is expected. He's in good fitness otherwise.
It's not clear that Stephenson is too badly impacted.

I actually think our list is in better shape injury wise than this time 12 months ago.

Hopefully your festive season manages to cheer you up.

This time last year Crisp, Howe, DeGoey, WHE weren't doing much work if any. Grundy hurt himself early in the new year and was lame in the first couple of rounds of football, barely able to kick.
Dunn's been replaced adequately by Roughead in any case but he and Greenwood are doing a bit of running.
Adams isn't a major injury I don't sense and will be back in the new year training again it is expected. He's in good fitness otherwise.
It's not clear that Stephenson is too badly impacted.

I actually think our list is in better shape injury wise than this time 12 months ago.
I guess of those 4 you listed as having done not much work last year, 2 had good years and the other 2 had poor years due to their lack of pre season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back