Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question.

Would anyone want Josh Bruce if we paid some of his salary?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That would be a hard sell.

Hopefully he improves significantly.

Honest question.

Bookmark this post. You’ll see a different Bruce in 2021.

Honest question.

Had an off year hard to really judge and put a line through a player after the season we had

Sam Edmund saying there are other issues beyond the ruck driving Dunkley’s decision and he’s told Essendon he wants to play for them.

really curious what the other issues are. Edmund gets good mail. Even if we hang onto him there are clearly some things to work out. Who knows how bad they are
From who does he get this though? Sounds like bomber BS.

If he really did have other issues why wouldn’t his manager shop him around to other clubs? Why would just pick the Bombers? Why not the saints instead of Crouch?

Sounds like crap

Honest question.

I’ve heard Caroline Springs 2nds have asked about him. They haven’t had a high profile player since Brian Lake left.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bookmark this post. You’ll see a different Bruce in 2021.

I think you have to at least wait till 2021 season end to look at Bruce.

Season 2020 and how it panned out I cut players some slack especially ones new to the club.

Grundy signed a huge deal and I would say his season 2020 would have the pies worried but as I stated not sure season 2020 can be relied upon to pass judgement on players.

You have missed nothing

Hobdog is having a baby tonight, his first...that is pretty big trade news. He's even going to log into Big Footy while his partner is in labour so he doesn't end up behind like you dogwatch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really do not get the media and Essendon supporters perspective that Dunkley wants out so we can’t expect much and will get a first rounder at most.
1. Dunkley is yet to request as trade
2. He is contracted for 2 more years
3. Historically quality mids cost 2 first rounders

Yes contracts don’t mean a lot these days but we aren’t pushing him out and he hasn’t even requested to go. I don’t get the downplaying of his value
Suits their agenda that we should just be a minnow club that develops players for the "BIG" Clubs to pick over when they feel the need

Just tell Dunkley to suck it up. I'm sure he will be happy to return to the club if a trade doesn't eventuate. Essendon don't have anything valuable to offer, so unless a third club enters the picture with a player that would significantly improve the team, just ignore it. Perhaps if you have the salary space, you can extend his contract and pay rise (after list sizes and salary cap is confirmed).

Dunkley's value won't drop, and he probably won't wanna go there after they finish bottom two next year anyway.
Yep give him a few extra bucks tell him we will finally fix the carpark pothole and say see you at preseason

dogwatch

Daily summary
  • Forget the poster - Says they spoke with McLean and said that Dunkley is going nowhere. Mentioned how Dunkley loves the club and is a club pet
  • Forget the poster - Apparently, Dunkley is going to squash this before Friday and is still in Noosa with the boys
  • MD - Said Dunkley hasn't told the playing group that his going
  • Mark Steven - Said that he hasn't told the dogs or any players
  • Not linked to anybody etc

If we want to be serious contenders next year what would happen if in the 2nd preseason game English does an ACL.... how the hell are we going to cover that..?? Play Sweet who Bevo said many times is not ready for the AFL... put Bruce in there... be like thank god you didn’t go to the bombers Dunks as it’s your time to shine..can’t be Trengove as the poor bugga is probably not going to get a contract and not like Bevo would play him anyway.I’m not saying we need an A grade ruckman but we need at least someone else on the list.

Or is that all Trengove is in there eyes, a brake glass backup and offer him one more year..?

Hobdog is having a baby tonight, his first...that is pretty big trade news. He's even going to log into Big Footy while his partner is in labour so he doesn't end up behind like you dogwatch

Yep spot on. I’ll ask them to play Trade Radio through the speaker tomorrow, that should speed things up!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His words.
“I think my main strength is my centre bounce work. I like to pride myself on giving the midfielders first use in the centre square,” he said.

“I’m still working on my stuff around the ground and other stuff, but I also think a strength of mine is marking, creating a contest and getting my hands on the ball.”
Would definitely be enquiring could have a long term pairing if it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back