Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard an American story today, apparently the same fit health father pretty much wiped out.

I also over heard the democratic states aren’t releasing the vaccine yet as they don’t want Trump getting recognition. However this was one persons view and you should google yourselves to see if true.

Googling that to see if it was true would be an insult to my and Google's intelligence.

My Dad.lives in London. Was telling me most of the time nobody knows what the current regulations are. Boris is a complete buffoon.
I’m still trying to get my head around being in tier 4 in a 3 tier system. BJ was saying today restrictions will “probably“ get tougher - can’t wait for tier 5?

In all seriousness it makes very little difference what individuals do at this stage. We are in our 3rd lockdown and things can’t get much more restricted then they already are.

Why is it that in a so called 'gold standard' hotel quarantine system security guards were working 12 shifts ? Why is that people who are getting paid over 200k per annum to plan and run the SA hotel quarantine keep plugging holes that should be obvious even to blind Freddie?

I also over heard the democratic states aren’t releasing the vaccine yet as they don’t want Trump getting recognition. However this was one persons view and you should google yourselves to see if true.

Carn Rick, you're smarter than that

Interesting week ahead for us in SA. Had soccer vs Melbourne City last night with a decent number of City fans in attendance, and two games vs the Melbourne Renegades at AO Tuesday and Friday, then the Melbourne Stars the following Monday....

Condolences on your loss.
Have a mate I work with here who’s gone home to UK for Xmas and New Year.
He’s saying the majority of people there just don’t seem to take it seriously regardless of the numbers.
Lockdowns or not they don’t want to wear masks, social distance etc.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yup. The Tory government keep giving the ‘economy is everything’ message.

The teachers unions this week asked to follow scientific advice and keep the schools closed for a little longer as school kids are seven times more likely to bring Covid back to home.

Nope! * you all says Boris, get back to your shorty jobs!

Meanwhile private schools (which in the UK are all PAC and St Peters standard) are allowed to stay closed.

Googling that to see if it was true would be an insult to my and Google's intelligence.

Why is that so hard to believe? The US is the most corrupt, morally bankrupt place on earth. You could easily imagine politicians of any persuasion weaponising the virus response for their own political or financial gain.

I heard an American story today, apparently the same fit health father pretty much wiped out.

A lot of Californians migrating to Utah not liking the democratic run state. I also over heard the democratic states aren’t releasing the vaccine yet as they don’t want Trump getting recognition. However this was one persons view and you should google yourselves to see if true.
That’s the dumbest thing I’ve read on the internet today!
Biden literally filmed himself being one of the first to get the vaccine, whilst Trump spent his campaign ostentatiously taking his mask off and encouraging people to go to rallies.

Interesting week ahead for us in SA. Had soccer vs Melbourne City last night with a decent number of City fans in attendance, and two games vs the Melbourne Renegades at AO Tuesday and Friday, then the Melbourne Stars the following Monday....
What was the go with mask wearing at the soccer? Caught the last part of a news break stating the soccer was back with mask wearing and there's a paywalled Advertiser article about it, seemed like it was a compulsory thing?

What was the go with mask wearing at the soccer? Caught the last part of a news break stating the soccer was back with mask wearing and there's a paywalled Advertiser article about it, seemed like it was a compulsory thing?

You were meant to wear a mask when moving around, not when seated, I would gauge compliance at around 70-80% in the stadium. However stadium management clearly stuffed up the check in procedure so massive bunched up lines for people getting in, and then there are the trams from.the city before/ after (when most people had taken them off/ not put them on yet).

Also soccer away fans have their own cordoned off section which would help. Cricket would be the bigger concern given the bars at AO and people don't stick to their seats or wear masks, much bigger space and lower % crowd numbers though.

It definitely would be increasing the risk of a seeding event given you would be talking about hundreds or potentially thousands of additional travellers across these sporting events.

A lot of Californians migrating to Utah not liking the democratic run state. I also over heard the democratic states aren’t releasing the vaccine yet as they don’t want Trump getting recognition. However this was one persons view and you should google yourselves to see if true.

I don't understand this at all, what would be the play?

It would make some sense pre-election as a conspiracy theory, but why do it to make some ex-president look bad? It's like saying Obama kept the war in Iraq going because he wanted to make W Bush look bad.

The NSW government is considering banning some western Sydney residents from the SCG Test as it scrambles to contact thousands of people who may have been exposed to COVID-19.

As the Berala bottle shop cluster swelled to 13 on Sunday, with five new cases linked to a BWS in the suburb, acting premier John Barilaro urged Cumberland residents to avoid this week’s Test.
Acting Premier John Barilaro says the SCG Test will go ahead, but there may be some restrictions.

Mr Barilaro also indicated that the government could go further with its pleas and ban residents from the Cumberland area from attending the match, which starts on Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My son lives in LA. Vaccine roll-out has well and truly started. The hospital system in California is overwhelmed at the moment and it's predicted that things will get worse in the weeks to come. The mayor of LA is pressing for a faster vaccine rollout.

It makes no sense to point score against Trump at the expense of losing lives to covid.

Last edited:
Some people are just beyond camaigners.

Sydney woman fined after 'refusing to isolate despite being a COVID close contact': police
By Georgina Mitchell
A NSW woman has been fined twice in three days after allegedly refusing to self-isolate despite being told she was a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19.
In a statement, NSW Police said the 27-year-old, from Cronulla in Sydney's south-east, was visited by police at a Byron Bay resort on December 31 after officers were notified "she was a close contact of a positive COVID case but was not self-isolating and had not been tested".

Police gave the woman advice about self-isolation and where to get tested, and gave the woman personal protective equipment to use while travelling to get tested.
However, when police returned at 8pm on January 1, they allegedly found the woman was not isolating. She was given a $1000 fine.
At about 3.30pm on Sunday, officers returned again "after reports the woman was not self-isolating, instead swimming in the resort pool". She was given another $1000 fine.

jesus thats ******* hilarious

Sydney woman fined after 'refusing to isolate despite being a COVID close contact': police
By Georgina Mitchell
A NSW woman has been fined twice in three days after allegedly refusing to self-isolate despite being told she was a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19.
In a statement, NSW Police said the 27-year-old, from Cronulla in Sydney's south-east, was visited by police at a Byron Bay resort on December 31 after officers were notified "she was a close contact of a positive COVID case but was not self-isolating and had not been tested".

Police gave the woman advice about self-isolation and where to get tested, and gave the woman personal protective equipment to use while travelling to get tested.
However, when police returned at 8pm on January 1, they allegedly found the woman was not isolating. She was given a $1000 fine.
At about 3.30pm on Sunday, officers returned again "after reports the woman was not self-isolating, instead swimming in the resort pool". She was given another $1000 fine.

Once again good 'ol Cronulla cop a fine. Maybe she should be incarcerated for 14 days just to make sure she complies?

At least there are no local cases in NSW today. That is good news and hopefully it stays that way.

Two cases have been reported after the reporting period closed. These are linked to the Berala cluster and will be included in tomorrow's figures.

Last edited:
I understand from a statement I heard today that the Oxford/ Zeneca doses are to be administered 12 weeks apart. I hope I misheard. The "persuasive" argument was that the first dose gave a good measure of protection.
There is little info on the dosing of this vaccine. The trial had to be extended because they made a dosing error, where a half dose/ full dose combo turned out better than 2 full doses. If it is still the half dose/full dose combo, followed by the 12 week layoff between doses, then the question is:
What could possibly go wrong?

By Georgina Mitchell

Yeah, with some people you really do just wonder, don't you!

Sydney Test numbers have been reduced to 25% of the SCG capacity which is around 10,000 people.

CA chief executive Nick Hockley said in a statement.
"Reducing the capacity of the venue is crucial in achieving social distancing requirements, and we sincerely thank ticketholders for their patience as we process refunds today, reconfigure the SCG seating plan to deliver these social distancing measures and go back on sale."

Last week there were absolutely no problems with a 25,000 crowd now they need to reduce the crowd to 10,000 to get social distancing to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back